this patch is amazing.. for raids and nothing else,

anduriell.6280

no pet swap while merged -> checkno mobile spirits -> checkShortbow still really short range -> checknerfed condi ranger -> checknerfed power druid -> checkbuff the most useless skill for the ranger in the worst way possible a 15% -> check

Unfortunately i have nothing else to say except i don't understand why somebody at anet keep pushing this class into raids only.

I think the shortbow is in an okay spot right now............and that's it.

I agree with all your other points

• Nerf to torch and sharpening stone is really weird
  • The GotL change is really sad
  • Mobile spir- I thought everyone agreed not to talk about spirits again - but at least mini micro buff from 5 to 10 allies
  • Beastmode still clunky and not really fluid (AT LEAST THEY FIXED MOUNTING. At least.)
  • Dagger MH still needs utility (numbers are fine, effects are lackluster)
  • Signet of Renewal still has no effect in beastmode
  • Beastmode F skill descriptions still not corrected
  • Beast Skill traits still activated AFTER the skill is activated

I'm gonna stop now or else the list will never end

@anduriell.6280 said:no pet swap while merged -> checkno mobile spirits -> checkShortbow still really short range -> checknerfed condi ranger -> checknerfed power druid -> checkbuff the most useless skill for the ranger in the worst way possible a 15% -> check

Unfortunately i have nothing else to say except i don't understand why somebody at anet keep pushing this class into raids only.

Still for PVP and for roaming we have now a proper work of Call of the Wild!

Also Leader of the Pack seems to be better, even usual we are fighting a little bit far away of our roaming group.I play most of the time roaming in WvW, with power build, and I am more than OK with Soulbeast status atm. Ofc I play with survival utilities/ heal/elite because stances (I use only Dolyak Stance) are useless.I wish to play this specialization with all new utilities, unfortunately till today this couldn't be possible. I'll give it a try to Leader of the Pack, One Wolf Pack, Vulture Stance and Gazelle.Also I am agree with you for those checked things :)

I'd trade Renegade SB for Ranger's any day of the week.Seriously though, this patch beyond raid-crap is nothing useful at all. Nevermind all the lingering issues brought up time and time again with pets that have yet to be touched. We better nerf the condi builds and make your rooting Axe cleave slightly better while the Warrior's moving one gets double the value increase.

Real quality work, Anet.

Shortbow is great, I love shortbow.

The pet merge mount fix is the best thing EVER, it was so annoying and making me so angry. However, it still randomly bugs and I don't know why.

Stance buffs are great, they're actually usable now! They were all so useless before, now 4/5(besides heal) are good, yay. Really loving vulture stance.

Bonfire and sharpening stones deserved zero nerfs. GOTL didn't need to be changed, healing nerfs and buffs to coefficient is bad for the game IMO. Not many people are going to be dedicated enough at healing to get an entire set of healer gear, so it just makes finding a healer for content harder which is already a rare role for players to play to begin with.

I think Anet should rethink their nerfs to bonfire and sharpening stones, and realize that forcing healers into healer gear isn't good for the game.

of course, anduriell. Haha.

I'm really happy with the changes at first glance. A lot of improvements which were needed. I don't see how it doesn't improve PvP as well, but I dont PvP.

And of course there's still room for improvements, but for now I choose to be really happy with what we got, instead of focussing instantly on what we don't have yet.

I just really wanted to see the entire sword auto chain cleave and split blade's damage unsplit from PvP. Rest of the other stuff is fine for the most part this update. They still need to tweak Water Spirit, though.

Still not liking how the heal scales off of the allies' healing power instead of which source has the highest healing power and does not generate AF; I dislike requiring to trait and compete in regen duration just to get AF from that thing. :angry:

Until Soulbeast gets mechanically overhauled in some way it's unplayable to me personally.

So in that sense the balance patch was underwhelming to me.

Besides that and the few PvE raid based changes that ultimately keep Druid in the meta while shifting the composition meta, the changes were all just horizontal changes that don't affect the power level of Ranger in any way.

I think that same sentiment is being echoed across the majority of the class discussions though. Even with buffs, I don't really think this patch shifted any classes "power tier" relative to any of the rest of the game.

If anything, I think it's disappointing that ANet made such a small handful of miniscule changes given the amount of time they had to be able to do more.

I can't really complain though, because nothing really changed.

I was getting into Condi soulbeast and found it fairly viable, but after the patch I feel like I've turned into a paper bag and I can't figure out why. Even doing a mid-level fracs, mobs will rip through me like never before and Agony pulses take away half my health (I have 159 AR, full soulbeast condi meta setup, played a level 58 fracs, no damaged gear or anything). What did I miss?

@darksome.1697 said:I was getting into Condi soulbeast and found it fairly viable, but after the patch I feel like I've turned into a paper bag and I can't figure out why. Even doing a mid-level fracs, mobs will rip through me like never before and Agony pulses take away half my health (I have 159 AR, full soulbeast condi meta setup, played a level 58 fracs, no damaged gear or anything). What did I miss?

Nothing, they didn't do anything to Soulbeast survivability. I personally feel healthier after the patch, using Leader of the Pack trait. So using Bear Stance now cleanses more condi's, Vulture stance gives lots of poison which in turn gives more sustain with the Predators cunning trait. I don't see how you would die faster now, than pre-patch?

Archived