Which healer should I make

SrebX.6498

Hello!I've decided to finally fully gear a 2nd character so I can have another role (Currently only have cPS which is 100% geared for Fractals and raids)So I'm making a healer, both for Fractals and raids. I'm not that much of a PvEr so I don't raid that much (Once~twice a month maybe), I run T4s daily and multiple CMs a week.Which healer would you gear in my place, all things considered? Which would you prefer, and why?I'd love to hear your thoughts and tips on this. Thanks !

^ healing rev is pretty good, yea. it has everything in one tablet, healing, projectile destroy, aoe condi cleanse, and cc.depend if the person want to be a buffer too, then they can rotate and give others offensive boons. in which is better than a druid for fractal scenarios.since you need the healing per second. and buffs are always welcome if you don't end up with a chrono in your group.plus, anything aoe wise is easier to manage.

i haven't tried 100cm daily today yet, so i can't tell. but before this balance patch, we had to deal with anomaly bug and both healing rev and healing druid couldn't do anything about the bug. whereas with distortion from a chrono and "rebound" from the healing ele, you'll ignore the massive wipe attack.so that's one thing about ele, you got a panic attack elite button to ignore massive damage and convert it into healing instead.

if you don't raid that much and do fractals on a regular basic and multiple CMs, i vote for healing ele or healing rev. healing rev is not common, although in reality, they're good.ele burst heal is far more better here, so they'd be on my search list for CMs. you need the burst, get everyone back up and continue to dps.and again, "rebound" as a panic button and save everyone from those buggy encounters.spirit of nature on a druid is great, don't get me wrong. but the cast time is very long. if you press it before everyone goes down, you could get all back up. but if you're a second late, it'll be a waste.healing spring, aka the regen heal druid was already nerfed a lot. it's still good but other than that one, you don't have much burst heal like of an ele, or heal per second like of a rev. so they're all different types healing and i see where Anet is going and tries to differentiate them. it opens more options for encounters, in raids specifically.

but in fractals, due to their instabilities, flux bomb, and other things going on, if the group is already has low dps, your buffs on the druid won't be helping much. so healing ele/rev is a better option depend on what you value and what needs to bring to a group.

Druid:

25 perma might. perma prot. perma fury. group aoe rez and stability. perma vigor. Pulls, reflects, entangle.

Ultimate support class.

Tempest.....heals.

Revenant....heals, absorbs projectiles, stacks might. Alacrity is redundant since chrono hasn't been nerfed. Worst healing mobility out of the three.

Healer necromancer might be an option to finally look at. They do have damage boosts high healing mobility, a res pull, massive condi cleans, their might gen is solid, strong group mobility with sand swell, the ability to impact 10 targets are also capable of running Regen healing as well as some solid break bar destruction and boon removal... I think it might be worth considering.

Im going to do a large comparison chart for all of the support builds. Firebrand and Scourge are extremely effective, as is heal Renegade, but they all have distinct advantages and best-use cases. All are viable for raids, it just depends on your composition and if the extras they bring are useful for the encounter.

@Zenith.7301 said:Druid:

25 perma might. perma prot. perma fury. group aoe rez and stability. perma vigor. Pulls, reflects, entangle.

Ultimate support class.

Tempest.....heals.

Revenant....heals, absorbs projectiles, stacks might. Alacrity is redundant since chrono hasn't been nerfed. Worst healing mobility out of the three.

How would alacrity be redundant? A Chronomancer can only perma 5 targets.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

Ultimate support class.

Tempest.....heals.

Because you always have two chronos.

@meeflak.9714 said:

Ultimate support class.

Tempest.....heals.

Because you always have two chronos.

That still doesn't mean perma. Getting 5/10 to position in range of alacrity is easier than 10/10.

Can two chronos achieve 100% uptime on 10 targets?

I don't raid, but in high end fractals it can be hard to maintain two shield clones constantly. They die, their target dies, I have to shatter them for distortion/diversion/continuum split, and sometimes the boss just runs around so much that the shield clones end up chasing it around. Supplementary alacrity is good for patching the holes in the stream of alacrity.

you could always run firebrand quickness bot + rev healer for second subgroup in raid , or firebrand + rev + soulbeast in fractal .the main reasons people didnt do that were1.firebrand mantra range was shorter

1. two druids was locked in meta which make healer rev far less appealing .
  2. distortion sharenow they do fairly good dps comparing to chrono + one pure dps .no distortion share ofc but in most case aegis spam is good enough except VG (necro barrier might stacker could do the trick too ), samg (stability + barrier ) gors (barrier + aegis ), most other things you can do with firebrand just fine.

Distortion share is not even required for VG if you have enough heal.

Keep the group topped off, eat the green aoe (80% of max life damage was it?) and have the healers heal everyone backup. Only time this should be risky is if green and boss cc phase happen at the same time.

Depending on how good heal rev performs, heal rev+firebrand might outperform chrono in subgroup 2 when taking green damage versus distorting it.

Tempest brings the least in terms of buffs to a raid squad and even though tempest has much healing, that nice healing doesnt really matter becausea) its locally bound (people have to either stay near you... or with the staff variant Ive been seeing, standing inside the waterfield you put down for them) andb) theres only 2 bosses where you have remotely a chance to use all that healing potential to carry to a kill.

If you want to have a lot of fun healing, I reccomend you Tempest healer with Harrier or Ministrel stats.

You can give perma regeneration, perma vigor, perma swiftness, perma fury, perma 25 might/protection, reflects, dmg mitigation (frost aura), good dmg, immobilize, CC and 25 vulnerability stacks

It's a very good option and funny to play. Totally recommended.

Archived