Balanced Stance is way worse now in WvW than it was before

Ferus.3165

The nerf to balanced stance should be reverted in WvW. Berserkers Stance was alright, because the cooldown got adjusted, but as warrior you now, again, have to run triple stance (super fun gameplay) to not get ragdolled all the time in WvW because warrior is, who would have guessed, a pure frontline melee fighter.Warrior is now only useable for 1v1 or very small scale fights because of that.

Btw. GS still sucks badly and GS 5 "Rush" has like a 30% chance to hit the target.Daggers are now worthless too, it's axe again, even for those who still play SB.All that's left of Spellbreaker is maybe the healskill, one good utility, an ultimate that's only ever semigood in big zergfights even though warrior itself is now bad for those and the triple traited fullcounter, cause every other trait in SB traitline is useless.SB is also useless for raids and fractals and PvE in general.CPS is prob dead in raids and fractals too, maybe 1 warrior still gets a spot as bannerbot (super fun gameplay), we'll see.Condi dps Warrior is outshined badly by almost every other dps build there is (funny because Berserker is a 100% selfish dps spec, but well^^).

All in all warrior looks not very good right now, but the good thing is, that the new LoL season starts soon with a reworked rune system that looks quite good.

Ah I came looking for the sky is falling posts. Always enjoy reading the outrage after notes, haha. My only gripe after skimming the notes is nothing addressing the prevalence of conditions being so good and easy to use. All I read in the warrior notes was "Reduced warrior population by an amount approximately equal to the amount of bandwagon Spellbreakers."

Dolyak signet is nice in theory but then it gets corrupted by a necro in half a second and you have a utility skill on CD for 40 seconds. At least balanced stance still pulses. It may be worth switching to though, I might try it out a bit. It just seems this change was balanced around "Last Stand". So for those who don't use Last Stand, the nerfs hit even harder. And from my experience, you need to at LEAST use 2/3 of your utility slots for stances to even survive in WvW, so nothing was really buffed enough in comparison to justify more build variety. Like...maybe I'd try Throw Bolas like A-net seems to want me to, but I need all defensive utilities.

@killahmayne.9518 said:you do realize that you have Dolyak Stance which has the exact same cooldown as Balanced Stance, is a stunbreaker and gives you 10 stacks of stability for 8 seconds?

Dolyak stance gives you 6 stacks of stab for 6 seconds. Significantly weaker than 10 stacks for 8 seconds. Its also a one time application, meaning a single strip or corruption can render it useless, whereas balanced stance is still a pulsing effect. If its stripped or corrupted, or even getsremoved via blocking a hard CC, you still get more stab the next second.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@killahmayne.9518 said:you do realize that you have Dolyak Stance which has the exact same cooldown as Balanced Stance, is a stunbreaker and gives you 10 stacks of stability for 8 seconds?

Dolyak stance gives you 6 stacks of stab for 6 seconds. Significantly weaker than 10 stacks for 8 seconds. Its also a one time application, meaning a single strip or corruption can render it useless, whereas balanced stance is still a pulsing effect. If its stripped or corrupted, or even getsremoved via blocking a hard CC, you still get more stab the next second.

I think he meant Dolyak Signet which is 10 stacks for 8 seconds. Dolyak stance is a ranger skill and is much stronger IMO than Dolyak signet since it also prevents movement impeding conditions from being applied to you too even though it's only 6 stacks for 6 seconds, it's also on a shorter CD than the signet.

I was trying Dolyak Signet last night and exactly what I predicted is what happened. Just got corrupted/stripped instantly by a necro or another spellbreaker. I'd pop it usually when pushing (when you need stability the most), and necros just have their ranged shades which can boon corrupt in chokepoints and pop their instant corrupt when you push. It's probably more viable in PvP where there is less spam and you can consciously avoid certain attacks.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

I think he meant Dolyak Signet which is 10 stacks for 8 seconds. Dolyak stance is a ranger skill and is much stronger IMO than Dolyak signet since it also prevents movement impeding conditions from being applied to you too even though it's only 6 stacks for 6 seconds, it's also on a shorter CD than the signet.

Yea he probably meant the signet. I do agree that the stance is significantly stronger than the signet, but its an elite spec skill so no real surprise there

@OriOri.8724 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

Yea he probably meant the signet. I do agree that the stance is significantly stronger than the signet, but its an elite spec skill so no real surprise there

IDK my elite spec resistance (featherfoot grace) is crap compared to core (berserker stance), or at least it used to be.

Rather curious what the logic is behind you saying berserker's stance change was alright. If I changed endure pain down to 3 seconds and then halved it to 1.5s and halfed the cd... and added adrenaline gain of +5 per second....would that be alright? cause thats what they did with berserker stance

Enjoy ur 1.5 s endure pain on a 30 second cooldown with stun break functionality and +5 adrenaline per second. Heck that actually still sounds ok....i'd take that over the current berserker stance anyday.

Archived