Let's talk about Axe numbers on the golem

steelwolves.5980

I can barely break 15k dps.

Take into account:

• Exotic berserker gear (minus ascended back/jewels)
  • No runes
  • No sigils
  • No food
  • QTFY Benchmark buffs (Minus Grace of the land)

The rotation is pretty much:

• If you start autoattack, finish it
  • Try to save physical skills for primal burst axe
  • Axe 2 is the filler

My DPS was somewhat int he lows 14k when I added axe 4 into the equation.

I'm not very experienced finding out rotations but I really just wanted to open the thread for discussion about this.

I also don't believe sigils + runes + food can get my poor rotation into a viable dps. Gotta test more.

Also adding a second physical skill for more Peak Performance uptime didn't add much for me.

How are you guys testing?Also build

@nicknamenick.2437 said:Y i wonder how much dps it is now also..

Why not ascended + runes sigils and everything there is for raiding? Seems more logic too me or not?.. dunno i am bad at this benchmark stuff..

It would be the best most optimal way to test it but I'm saving my mats for now. I'm ready to fully gear it in a snap but I wanna see some numbers first from warriors who already got the gear.

@steelwolves.5980 said:I can barely break 15k dps.

Take into account:

• Exotic berserker gear (minus ascended back/jewels)
  • No runes
  • No sigils
  • No food
  • QTFY Benchmark buffs (Minus Grace of the land)

The rotation is pretty much:

• If you start autoattack, finish it
  • Try to save physical skills for primal burst axe
  • Axe 2 is the filler")

For anyone interested in the details in a full DPS setup:

• Runes (Scholar would be 175 Power, 90 Ferocity and 10% flat increase)
  • Food (Butternut Soup for 100 Power and 70 Ferocity, Sharpening Stone for ~115 (?))
  • Sigils (Force for 5% flat and Air also for about 5% if I remember correctly)
  • Armor (20 Power)

That cumulates to missing 410 Power, 15% Critdamage and about 20% flat increase overall. Regarding the rotation I think its a must to take #3 and #5 into consideration since those should be DPS increases now. Also I would swap kick for bolas since its on a lower cd now (16sec to 24sec, not sure if alacrity counts for ammo recharges) for higher Peak Condition uptime. If #2 really is a DPS increase the rotation also should be adapted to Bolas/Kick -> #2 -> Burst to make the most out of the Peak Condition buff. With the mentioned buffs I think the result should be somewhere around 25k+

I think the biggest problem comes with selecting traits and utilities. With the nerf to PS I think warrior is not able to reliably generate 25 might stacks on its own anymore. The logical conclusion would be to only take one warrior with double banners and bolas for a raid. However that would mean no Empower Allies and no Sigil of Might resulting in a loss of 320 power.

TL;DRNot sure what to make of the changes. Power axe surely doesnt reach PoF standards and bringing utility gimps it even more.

I haven't been able to reach 24k yet will full ascended, 100% crit chance, and phalanx strength.The upside is that I don't have to run signets with axe/axe to max damage anymore. Instead I can switch out arms for strength and get some good bursts after throwing an ebola. I tried bulls charge and kick but losing out on signet space and the high cooldowns resulted in lower dps and less access to peak performance, so ebola seems to work out better. For bosses that require a lot of CC, the combo of kick and bull do work though. It just needs a little more assasins gear to maintain 100% crit.

Also, since other classes now make up for lost might, you might even be able to drop For Great Justice for a signet, or drop PS entirely for the double finisher. It gets a huge DPS burst in fire fields.

Sadly, GS with zerker is still really piss poor damage. The peak performance boon seems to have brought it up to 18k from 14k DPS but it's hardly worth the mobility and evade frame. You get just as much mobility running a 29k condi dps build.

Running banners on top of all that drops DPS even further. Power is still a joke.

I don't understand this thread, its the exact opposite of my experience in wvsw. Maybe there are the mode specific changes or something going on.

Axe is wayyyy wayyyy more damage and utility and better than hundred blades now. It has the same animation time but is 360 and you can move and all this other junk to it.

In general all my axe moves do stupid amounts of damage! Enemy siege just gets slaughtered by axe users now. You go double axe and its a complete fieldday on whatever is around you.

The damage you can do....its stupid high atm. it makes no sense to me whatsoeveer why they made it sooooo high. Taking a high damage skill and buffing it 20% damamge!??!?!?! WHo balances this stuff?!?!?!?! What are they thinkign?!??! Completely slaughters any downed opponents.

@Cerby.1069 said:I don't understand this thread, its the exact opposite of my experience in wvsw. Maybe there are the mode specific changes or something going on.

Axe is wayyyy wayyyy more damage and utility and better than hundred blades now. It has the same animation time but is 360 and you can move and all this other junk to it.

In general all my axe moves do stupid amounts of damage! Enemy siege just gets slaughtered by axe users now. You go double axe and its a complete fieldday on whatever is around you.

The damage you can do....its stupid high atm. it makes no sense to me whatsoeveer why they made it sooooo high. Taking a high damage skill and buffing it 20% damamge!??!?!?! WHo balances this stuff?!?!?!?! What are they thinkign?!??! Completely slaughters any downed opponents.

"On the golem" basically states "in pve" "with full buffs" "probably in raids" so please adjust expectations accordingly and not talk about pvp.

@Jzaku.9765 said:

@Cerby.1069 said:I don't understand this thread, its the exact opposite of my experience in wvsw. Maybe there are the mode specific changes or something going on.

"On the golem" basically states "in pve" "with full buffs" "probably in raids" so please adjust expectations accordingly and not talk about pvp.

off hand axe still sucks in pvp

You understand that so many years and nobody uses dual axe in WvW, right? You say the dmg is crazy, but gs offers mobility as well so axe 5 was never particularly good. The dmg increase should be extreme in order to give some incentive to the players to finally try it out. Guardians have more dmg with their traps and thieves with their staves, but they dont use it that much nowadays. Anyway, time will tell!

Archived