Did anomalies break again?

Zenith.7301

After the last patch -CM 100 - Third Boss:The boss has skills which cancel out - such as his 45 Degree Triangle Cannon pushback (600 range) to be replaced with the 360 degree sunflower push back (2000+ range) with the original skill being cancelled out.Seen a no-animation horizontal beam wipe a team (when arkk last health phase < 15% HP) - insta-wipe.

Corporal Re-assignment is spawning / assigned onto players throughout the fight @ during orb push phases - it looks like at the last phase (arkk < 15% hp) - you have to get the person re-assigned point every time it comes up with the anomaly.

The timings when arkk < 15% Hp - last phase seem to be sped up a little, faster mechanics followed once of another compared to other sections of the fight.

Spent a few attempts yesterday with a team which usually gets this done, but the increased frequency of timings / sections of the fights meant we abandoned each time with arkk < 2% hp away from the kill.

Our issues were greatly alleviated when we simply ignored everything and killed an anomaly as soon as it spawned no matter the phase. But yeah, fight gets a lot more hectic.

It really sucks when you get an anomaly bubble for the bomb and the stupid disappearing tile happens right under said bubble, that should never happen as falling through the floor wipes the group via bomb detonation but in order to not detonate the bomb you have to stand inside the very bubble with tiles disappearing under it.

I've been playing through the fight internally.

Some of this sounds like intended behavior reported as bugs. Remember closer to launch when anomalies would spawn in lots of phases and would spawn more frequently. In this latest patch I fixed it so that they would spawn on their normal timer, which makes the fight more difficult.

Other bugs reported here have been in since launch and require a rewrite.

The anomaly can definitely spawn during the elites phase but it should then despawn shortly after and the bomb should be removed. If you can still get into a state where a player has the bomb but there is no anomaly, please let me know.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:
  • Boss 2 can bug out and you can't progress

Can you elaborate on this one? Any idea what caused it? We haven't touched her in a long time.

After a wipe Aartsariv didn't respawn. There was just an anomaly. After defeating the anomaly, the dome spawned but nothing more happened. Even a /gg didn't solve the problem.I have no clue what caused that weird stuff, sry. :(

@zealex.9410 said:Its not intented for the anomaly mechanic to spawn during the orb/ split phase?

Yes, that is intended by the original design. The strategy is to hold DPS to bait the anomaly before your cross the health threshold, if I remember correctly.

But why is that the intended design ?If i'm going to be frank here, telling players not to kill things when the goal is to kill things is bad design.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Its not intented for the anomaly mechanic to spawn during the orb/ split phase?

Yes, that is intended by the original design. The strategy is to hold DPS to bait the anomaly before your cross the health threshold, if I remember correctly.

But why is that the intended design ?If i'm going to be frank here, telling players not to kill things when the goal is to kill things is bad design.

This particular mechanic was intended to require players to coordinate and pay attention to the timer rather than mindlessly do their DPS rotation. In CM 100 you have to expect some mechanics to be more puzzley rather than just DPS checks.

@TexZero.7910 said:

This particular mechanic was intended to require players to coordinate and pay attention to the timer rather than mindlessly do their DPS rotation. In CM 100 you have to expect some mechanics to be more puzzley rather than just DPS checks.

I'm not objecting to the puzzle like places in fights, what i'm objecting to is the puzzle like mechanics on top of more puzzle mechanics. If we've phased to the orb pushing then there should be relative reprieve from additional puzzles until said puzzle is done. In other words you can design complex encounters, but when a fight shifts that should be significant and hold meaning. Not just be cause to stack as many mechanics to present a fail state as possible.

I just want the tiles under the anomaly bubble to not disappear. There is no counterplay or preparation for that. It's not like you can delay a bomb detonation or make it go off sooner before a tile disappears or reappears.

It's a completely unfair scenario with no counter outside the use of rebound.

@Zenith.7301 said:I just want the tiles under the anomaly bubble to not disappear. There is no counterplay or preparation for that. It's not like you can delay a bomb detonation or make it go off sooner before a tile disappears or reappears.

This should be impossible. Anomalies should never not have a safe spot, and yes the outer area, even if it has electricity, counts as a safe spot. The bubble protects you from electricity.

@Zenith.7301 said:I just want the tiles under the anomaly bubble to not disappear. There is no counterplay or preparation for that. It's not like you can delay a bomb detonation or make it go off sooner before a tile disappears or reappears.

This should be impossible. Anomalies should never not have a safe spot, and yes the outer area, even if it has electricity, counts as a safe spot. The bubble protects you from electricity.

I have had that happen a few times. But its a few weeks ago. So might be fixed now

@TexZero.7910 said:

• This would be fine if there was an in-game timer, or health--threshold marks. (OR Even a BAR appearing - which progresses till when its next due to spawn if its on a timer).
  • Neither of these are present, and setting a metronome is bad.
  • Having the anom appear during split phase is just frankly a bit dumb - and not really 'puzzley' just annoying - its near impossible to hold a condi tick dmg , it's more possible to hold a power DPS. Current meta is more condi tick dmg (over time)/more uncontrollable - so this mechanic of it spawning is just annoying.

Raid mechanics have more tells/assistances - as there is a real countdown clock timer, everything is scripted and much easier to see.

Archived