Did anomalies break again? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Did anomalies break again?

We've had the anomaly/green overlap with other phases this reset, without any prior wipes. Including at the very time when the elites spawn alongside their other adds.

Tagged:

Comments

• Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thx ;>

P.S. I want another title for this feat! Arkkstomper rolls off the tongue.

• Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

Some stuff from my side I encountered after the patch:

• Sometimes the skull above the head of other players wasn't visible to other members

• Anomaly and skull seems inconsistent like anomaly still spawns but no mechanic (like before the patch)

• Boss 2 can bug out and you can't progress

• TPMN.1483TPMN.1483 Member ✭✭

After the last patch -
    CM 100 - Third Boss:
    The boss has skills which cancel out - such as his 45 Degree Triangle Cannon pushback (600 range) to be replaced with the 360 degree sunflower push back (2000+ range) with the original skill being cancelled out.
    Seen a no-animation horizontal beam wipe a team (when arkk last health phase < 15% HP) - insta-wipe.

Corporal Re-assignment is spawning / assigned onto players throughout the fight @ during orb push phases - it looks like at the last phase (arkk < 15% hp) - you have to get the person re-assigned point every time it comes up with the anomaly.

The timings when arkk < 15% Hp - last phase seem to be sped up a little, faster mechanics followed once of another compared to other sections of the fight.

Spent a few attempts yesterday with a team which usually gets this done, but the increased frequency of timings / sections of the fights meant we abandoned each time with arkk < 2% hp away from the kill.

edited November 8, 2017

Our issues were greatly alleviated when we simply ignored everything and killed an anomaly as soon as it spawned no matter the phase. But yeah, fight gets a lot more hectic.

It really sucks when you get an anomaly bubble for the bomb and the stupid disappearing tile happens right under said bubble, that should never happen as falling through the floor wipes the group via bomb detonation but in order to not detonate the bomb you have to stand inside the very bubble with tiles disappearing under it.

• @Vinceman.4572 said:

Can you elaborate on this one? Any idea what caused it? We haven't touched her in a long time.

• I've been playing through the fight internally.

Some of this sounds like intended behavior reported as bugs. Remember closer to launch when anomalies would spawn in lots of phases and would spawn more frequently. In this latest patch I fixed it so that they would spawn on their normal timer, which makes the fight more difficult.

Other bugs reported here have been in since launch and require a rewrite.

The anomaly can definitely spawn during the elites phase but it should then despawn shortly after and the bomb should be removed. If you can still get into a state where a player has the bomb but there is no anomaly, please let me know.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:

Can you elaborate on this one? Any idea what caused it? We haven't touched her in a long time.

After a wipe Aartsariv didn't respawn. There was just an anomaly. After defeating the anomaly, the dome spawned but nothing more happened. Even a /gg didn't solve the problem.
    I have no clue what caused that weird stuff, sry. :(

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Its not intented for the anomaly mechanic to spawn during the orb/ split phase?

• @zealex.9410 said:

Yes, that is intended by the original design. The strategy is to hold DPS to bait the anomaly before your cross the health threshold, if I remember correctly.

• Benjamin Arnold.3457Benjamin Arnold.3457 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

post deleted

• Benjamin Arnold.3457Benjamin Arnold.3457 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2017

At what point in the encounter did you wipe?

• TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:

Yes, that is intended by the original design. The strategy is to hold DPS to bait the anomaly before your cross the health threshold, if I remember correctly.

But why is that the intended design ?
    If i'm going to be frank here, telling players not to kill things when the goal is to kill things is bad design.

• @TexZero.7910 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

If i'm going to be frank here, telling players not to kill things when the goal is to kill things is bad design.

This particular mechanic was intended to require players to coordinate and pay attention to the timer rather than mindlessly do their DPS rotation. In CM 100 you have to expect some mechanics to be more puzzley rather than just DPS checks.

edited November 8, 2017

@TexZero.7910 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

This particular mechanic was intended to require players to coordinate and pay attention to the timer rather than mindlessly do their DPS rotation. In CM 100 you have to expect some mechanics to be more puzzley rather than just DPS checks.

I'm not objecting to the puzzle like places in fights, what i'm objecting to is the puzzle like mechanics on top of more puzzle mechanics. If we've phased to the orb pushing then there should be relative reprieve from additional puzzles until said puzzle is done. In other words you can design complex encounters, but when a fight shifts that should be significant and hold meaning. Not just be cause to stack as many mechanics to present a fail state as possible.

edited November 8, 2017

I just want the tiles under the anomaly bubble to not disappear. There is no counterplay or preparation for that. It's not like you can delay a bomb detonation or make it go off sooner before a tile disappears or reappears.

It's a completely unfair scenario with no counter outside the use of rebound.

At what point in the encounter did you wipe?

At 33% when you have to kill the anomaly again. We failed miserably killing it and wiped due to the explosion. (I know pretty embarrassing. ^^)
    The anomaly was still present like I described before and had no intention to despawn. Rest: see above

• @Zenith.7301 said:
    I just want the tiles under the anomaly bubble to not disappear. There is no counterplay or preparation for that. It's not like you can delay a bomb detonation or make it go off sooner before a tile disappears or reappears.

This should be impossible. Anomalies should never not have a safe spot, and yes the outer area, even if it has electricity, counts as a safe spot. The bubble protects you from electricity.

• Let's just say that I would like the first bomb to time out first before getting a second one right away lol (happened quite frequently around 40-35% hp) :pensive:

While we're commenting on arkk, can we please move that enrage icon over his head higher or make it smaller so it doesn't covver up glare telegraphs and the balls on enrage phase?

• @Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

This should be impossible. Anomalies should never not have a safe spot, and yes the outer area, even if it has electricity, counts as a safe spot. The bubble protects you from electricity.

I have had that happen a few times. But its a few weeks ago. So might be fixed now

• TPMN.1483TPMN.1483 Member ✭✭
    edited November 10, 2017

@TexZero.7910 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

• This would be fine if there was an in-game timer, or health--threshold marks. (OR Even a BAR appearing - which progresses till when its next due to spawn if its on a timer).
    • Neither of these are present, and setting a metronome is bad.
    • Having the anom appear during split phase is just frankly a bit dumb - and not really 'puzzley' just annoying - its near impossible to hold a condi tick dmg , it's more possible to hold a power DPS. Current meta is more condi tick dmg (over time)/more uncontrollable - so this mechanic of it spawning is just annoying.

Raid mechanics have more tells/assistances - as there is a real countdown clock timer, everything is scripted and much easier to see.

edited November 10, 2017

No skulls on players when doomed. It was a lvl 100 casual run with pugs:
    Both pics taken during the usual mid fight parts (not during orb phase or anything else)

image.php

image.php

edited November 11, 2017

Post deleted

@TexZero.7910 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

I'm not objecting to the puzzle like places in fights, what i'm objecting to is the puzzle like mechanics on top of more puzzle mechanics. If we've phased to the orb pushing then there should be relative reprieve from additional puzzles until said puzzle is done. In other words you can design complex encounters, but when a fight shifts that should be significant and hold meaning. Not just be cause to stack as many mechanics to present a fail state as possible.

Said puzzle "split phase with the orbs would be dead boring (As it was pre fix because of its LOOOONG window to deal with) i find it acceptable if the anomaly mechanic also happens during that phase simply becaus the anomaly can be dealt long before you fail the orbs.

@zealex.9410 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Said puzzle "split phase with the orbs would be dead boring (As it was pre fix because of its LOOOONG window to deal with) i find it acceptable if the anomaly mechanic also happens during that phase simply becaus the anomaly can be dealt long before you fail the orbs.

Then we may as well not phase at all. Literally what you're saying is the orbs aren't doing their job as a puzzle mechanic.
    This is exactly what i mean by having meaningful phases and transition in fights.

Let me give you a real world example of where Anet has done this perfectly. Matthias. Each phase of that fight is meaningful and at no point overlaps pre-existing mechanics. Even at the Abom phases each part of the encounter has its due before swapping out. Not so much with Pylon Pinball and Anonymous Anamoly. While we know when the pinball phase is we have absolutely no way of knowing when the next anamoly is. No UI element, No boss call out, No floor elements lighting up with energy to showcase a clear arrival. This needs to change and i'm not saying it because i cannot handle it, i'm saying it because from a game design standpoint its bad.

edited November 11, 2017

@TexZero.7910 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Then we may as well not phase at all. Literally what you're saying is the orbs aren't doing their job as a puzzle mechanic.
    This is exactly what i mean by having meaningful phases and transition in fights.

Let me give you a real world example of where Anet has done this perfectly. Matthias. Each phase of that fight is meaningful and at no point overlaps pre-existing mechanics. Even at the Abom phases each part of the encounter has its due before swapping out. Not so much with Pylon Pinball and Anonymous Anamoly. While we know when the pinball phase is we have absolutely no way of knowing when the next anamoly is. No UI element, No boss call out, No floor elements lighting up with energy to showcase a clear arrival. This needs to change and i'm not saying it because i cannot handle it, i'm saying it because from a game design standpoint its bad.

Matthias is a fine fight i agree. I dont agree tho that stacking mechanics is a bad thing. Being able to respond in many different things that happen during the same parts of a fight in it of it self is a form of challenge and a fair 1 at that. Would i like the orb mechanic to be much harder and be a standalone thing? Sure. Would i prefer it over different mechanics happening at the same time? No, not really, they are the same thing to me. Challenge. The orbs are doing their job being a secondary mechanic to put more stress on you when you have the anomaly spawn. If it was on me the anomaly spawning during the split would be intentional to further emphasize that.

Is it ok too put to stack too many mechanics? No same as its not ok to have extremely complex mechanics that will require exelent execution from all 10 ppl while they are also doing dps. Its a matter of balancing the ratio. U could say it would be ok if we had multiple diff modes but we dont.

Also fyi the computer that arkk is talking to before the fight will anounce when an anomaly is about to spawn. Usually a 1 or 2 seconds before it apears.

@zealex.9410 said:
    Also fyi the computer that arkk is talking to before the fight will anounce when an anomaly is about to spawn. Usually a 1 or 2 seconds before it apears.

Literally never hear this. I hear the transition for the pylon phase, but never the anomaly are you sure you're not confusing this ?

@TexZero.7910 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Literally never hear this. I hear the transition for the pylon phase, but never the anomaly are you sure you're not confusing this ?

No because it believe it calls out the green circle's name. That specific mechanic's name. Like it happens to often if not always at the same time to be jsut coincidence. But i could be wrong. Idk every time i hear it theres always an alomaly right after so im prepared :shrug:

• 100CM is just utterly broken, the anomaly spawns almost randomly and sometimes the mechanic appears and sometimes not. We killed anomaly did the shield and 5sec after that another one spawn [???] but with no skull nuke.

• Well - even the anom spawns are a bit broken - had a blue circle after anon cleared, where 2 sections were removed with holes in floor, other two were on the outside edge with the dps tick constantly going down. So no safe spot -)

• I don't understand the design to "make players not dps mindlessly". Even if the anomaly spawns during orbs, there's a lot of time to kill the anomaly, push orbs and cc arkk. It's just annoying, there are more fun ways to increase difficulty. Maybe have us kill the orbs in range of pylon instead of just pushing. Also give it some air elemental attacks or turn them into VG seekers.

"clang clang shriiiiek clang!" -Belinda Delaqua
    When I join your LFG

@TPMN.1483 said:
    Well - even the anom spawns are a bit broken - had a blue circle after anon cleared, where 2 sections were removed with holes in floor, other two were on the outside edge with the dps tick constantly going down. So no safe spot -)

Again standing in the outer edges while inside the dome will not deal dmg to you.

edited November 11, 2017

@Sublimatio.6981 said:
    I don't understand the design to "make players not dps mindlessly". Even if the anomaly spawns during orbs, there's a lot of time to kill the anomaly, push orbs and cc arkk. It's just annoying, there are more fun ways to increase difficulty. Maybe have us kill the orbs in range of pylon instead of just pushing. Also give it some air elemental attacks or turn them into VG seekers.

Yeah because the seekers are such a fun mechanic. Esp if you ahve to kill them as well.

shrug I find Matthias a far more obnoxious fight than ark, if anything because Arkk works as a properly telegraphed model whereas Matthis is that terrible humanoid model whose attack telegraphs get lost in the clutter of visual effects.

I'd pay 2000 gems to be able to turn other players' spell effects off.

edited November 12, 2017

@DavidBG.6194 said:
    100CM is just utterly broken, the anomaly spawns almost randomly and sometimes the mechanic appears and sometimes not. We killed anomaly did the shield and 5sec after that another one spawn [???] but with no skull nuke.

Unfortunately I have to agree, we had double spawn anomalies several times, could ignore it during orb time but when we were too fast with the orbs and cc'ing Arkk, the mechanic became active again and killed us.
    Also, during the phase with the adds, anomaly also spawned. Sometimes somebody was doomed, the next time not but the green circle had to be taken.
    Still, the skull over the head of the mates is not visible for the 4 others.

It is completely inconsistent at the moment and 0 fun to play!

• instead of 20min run now we take 40min coz of all the bugs..
    Was much better before the patch, at the least the bugs during that time never wiped us

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.