Shroud has been nerfed of about 67% here some maths.

ilmau.9781

Originally Reaper Shroud would decay at 3 % / sec, this mean that to go from full to 0% would take around 33 seconds.Now it decay at 5% / sec so now it only takes 20 seconds to decay from full to 0%, that is 13 seconds difference or around 67% .

Plus the Reaper attack 1 the final skill of the chain used to do 2% life force regen, now only does 1,5% which mean around 25% less regen / chain cycle.

This is not a nerf imho, this is totally destroy a game mechanic. And for what reason, to do some more damage? How exactly i am supposed to do damage if i can not stay alive?????

Please, once again, revert this change it is unplayable right now.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were taking focused damage the decay won't matter because you'd lose all your life force tanking in shroud anyways. Its the barrier decay argument all over again. The changes are good, it actually makes your attacks meaningful rather than just extending your life for a few seconds. Its clear that 'camping' shroud wasn't the original intention of the skill anyways.

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:Have you ever played WvW or pvp?

scourge?

Let's make it very clear, i preordered the expansion the day it was announced, did all the open weekends and unlocked the scourge the first 10 seconds the expansion was released and still i do not like it. I do preafear to play Reaper. Am i allowed to have personal feelings or do i have to play what ANET force me to play?

Beacouse as it is now Anet turned Reaper to a totally unplayable class for WvW and PvP, and for what reason? To force ppl to play Scourge?

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

Let's make it very clear, i preordered the expansion the day it was announced, did all the open weekends and unlocked the scourge the first 10 seconds the expansion was released and still i do not like it. I do preafear to play Reaper. Am i allowed to have personal feelings or do i have to play what ANET force me to play?

Beacouse as it is now Anet turned Reaper to a totally unplayable class for WvW and PvP, and for what reason? To force ppl to play Scourge?

Reaper is way more playable now in PvP. A lot of the changes emphasize the ability to counterattack once you enter shroud.Entering shroud lets you:

• Corrupt boons better than before
  • Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

This was no available to reapers before.

@kKagari.6804 said:If you were taking focused damage the decay won't matter because you'd lose all your life force tanking in shroud anyways. Its the barrier decay argument all over again. The changes are good, it actually makes your attacks meaningful rather than just extending your life for a few seconds. Its clear that 'camping' shroud wasn't the original intention of the skill anyways.

GOOD!!! so they just took 5 years to realize that? i am a 1900 days user with 6k hours of which more than 3k as necromancer i understand that reaper could be a bit OP and i would have understood a little tuning or a little nerf but that is different this is total destruction of a Class.

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

I'd love to play spellbreaker or deadeye in PvE but obviously those specs are PvP specs. Scourge is your PvP spec.

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

Reaper is way more playable now in PvP. A lot of the changes emphasize the ability to counterattack once you enter shroud.Entering shroud lets you:
  • Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

i m online since patch hit testing in wvw and pvp so i know what i am saying. Then you try, go in pvp or in wvw as reapear, get to max life force (if you can without dying in the process) and then burst in with all the nice stuffs you listed above. Then let me know how it goes. Enjoy. So tell me, why i should loose time with Reaper while Scourge is full fucking top most meta class? That is the reason i point a finger to Anet, coz they do not promote diversity they just force ppl to buy their products. And this pisses me off a lot.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

I'd love to play spellbreaker or deadeye in PvE but obviously those specs are PvP specs. Scourge is your PvP spec.

Just read my comment above. It is NOW my spec beacouse i have been FORCED TO PLAY it.

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

• Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

i m online since patch hit testing in wvw and pvp so i know what i am saying. Then you try, go in pvp or in wvw as reapear, get to max life force (if you can without dying in the process) and then burst in with all the nice stuffs you listed above. Then let me know how it goes. Enjoy. So tell me, why i should loose time with Reaper while Scourge is full kitten top most meta class? That is the reason i point a finger to Anet, coz they do not promote diversity they just force ppl to buy their products. And this pisses me off a lot.

What are you on about? All those effects I listed happen on shroud entry. It doesn't matter if you have 10% LF or 100% LF. The benefits of this patch are vast. Yes, you can't camp shroud as much as before, but entering shroud can trigger a plethora of effects.

@kKagari.6804 said:If you were taking focused damage the decay won't matter because you'd lose all your life force tanking in shroud anyways. Its the barrier decay argument all over again. The changes are good, it actually makes your attacks meaningful rather than just extending your life for a few seconds. Its clear that 'camping' shroud wasn't the original intention of the skill anyways.

On a marauder build 5% decay is the equivalent of taking 1.1k damage every second.

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

• Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

i m online since patch hit testing in wvw and pvp so i know what i am saying. Then you try, go in pvp or in wvw as reapear, get to max life force (if you can without dying in the process) and then burst in with all the nice stuffs you listed above. Then let me know how it goes. Enjoy. So tell me, why i should loose time with Reaper while Scourge is full kitten top most meta class? That is the reason i point a finger to Anet, coz they do not promote diversity they just force ppl to buy their products. And this pisses me off a lot.

What are you on about? All those effects I listed happen on shroud entry. It doesn't matter if you have 10% LF or 100% LF. The benefits of this patch are vast. Yes, you can't camp shroud as much as before, but entering shroud can trigger a plethora of effects.

WOW i trigger much effects, then i am dead, but hey so cool so happy i triggered stuffs ^^"

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

• Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

WOW i trigger much effects, then i am dead, but hey so cool so happy i triggered stuffs ^^"

If you were using shroud just to cheat death you are missing out a lot of its potential to begin with. At least in PvP you know that a good defense is a good offense.

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

• Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

If you were using shroud
just
to cheat death you are missing out a lot of its potential to begin with. At least in PvP you know that a good defense is a good offense.

once again, i am 1.900 days / 6.000 hours player and i can tell you that DS has always been like this.

I loved and played this game FOR this reason. Now after 5 years some genius wake up the mornig and destroy completely the gameplay... and for what reason?

Took them 5 years to notice that DS was not working as intended? lolololol

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

• Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

If you were using shroud
just
to cheat death you are missing out a lot of its potential to begin with. At least in PvP you know that a good defense is a good offense.

once again, i am 1.900 days / 6.000 hours player and i can tell you that DS has always been like this.

I loved and played this game FOR this reason. Now after 5 years some genius wake up the mornig and destroy completely the gameplay... and for what reason?

Your time played is poor supporting evidence to your understanding of the game. Metas change, games change, and I firmly believe the changes from today are improvements. And the decay change didn't apply to DS, it applied to RS only.

Reaper shroud has been "nerfed" in that it takes 20 seconds instead of 33 to fully drain but had it's damage buffed a lot. Death shroud still takes 33 seconds to fully drain. Not saying good or bad or meta whatever. Just something to mention since how the OP was written, it made me think all shrouds were nerfed like this.

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:Reaper shroud has been "nerfed" in that it takes 20 seconds instead of 33 to fully drain but had it's damage buffed a lot. Death shroud still takes 33 seconds to fully drain. Not saying good or bad or meta whatever. Just something to mention since how the OP was written, it made me think all shrouds were nerfed like this.

ok ty i adjust my post

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

• Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

If you were using shroud
just

Your time played is poor supporting evidence to your understanding of the game. Metas change, games change, and I firmly believe the changes from today are improvements. And the decay change didn't apply to DS, it applied to RS only.

I ofc respect your opinion. So i expect you to respect mine. For me those changes are pure shit. Game lost all the fun for me and i am not going to play Scourge shit shades spam. If i want to play backline and spam stuffs i have an ele who still does way more damage than Scourge, but that i do not have fun to play with but a few times. And since i play a lot i want to play something i like or i rather not to play at all.

So if they do not turn Reaper playable again i will take a looong break from the game and let you all enjoy the fantastic shadespam meta Anet created for you.

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

• Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

If you were using shroud
just

I ofc respect your opinion. So i expect you to respect mine. For me those changes are pure kitten. Game lost all the fun for me and i am not going to play Scourge kitten shades spam. If i want to play backline and spam stuffs i have an ele who still does way more damage than Scourge, but that i do not have fun to play with but a few times. And since i play a lot i want to play something i like or i rather not to play at all.

So if they do not turn Reaper playable again i will take a looong break from the game and let you all enjoy the fantastic shadespam meta Anet created for you.

I too find scourge equally disgusting but Reaper prepatch unfortunately was not cutting it either. The thing is, I'm not advocating the degen nerf, but I'd take it for the changes we got today.

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

• Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

If you were using shroud
just

Something you are missing out though, is that other classes have many skills to negate a shroud burst. It is quite pointless to have a stronger shroud burst when you can't land them =(

Shroud has always been kiteable and made much worse now when opponents know our shroud uptime is lower and our shroud cool down is higher.

its funny because other classes who have meaningful damage also have things like lots of mobility, stability, cc, power range, blocks, evades, access ot more endurance etc.

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Plutocracy.9314 said:

scourge?

• Transfer conditions
  • Gain enhanced might
  • Consume conditions

The point is that none of those effects matter when you're dead.

Archived