Official Mount Adoption Feedback Thread [merged] - Page 33 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Official Mount Adoption Feedback Thread [merged]

Comments

• troops.8276troops.8276 Member ✭✭✭

@Elimyx.4536 said:

@joshc.3129 said:
    You all do realize when they "combine" one topic into one official thread that just means they are going to completely ignore it and all feed back on it. Nothing is going to change with it and by the grace of God they do start selling each skin be themselves, I want back the gold I used to get 6 contracts so I can actually get the raptor skins I want.

Given it's hit several "big name" (for a given value in their respective fields) game journalists already, I don't think they'll be able to ignore the skrittstorm forever.

"All publicity is good publicity" then they can pretend to 'care for and value their players views' and come out smelling like roses too, and just before Christmas. What luck. They cant let Blizz hogg the limelight after announcing a new ex pac and classic server.

• Not a fan of "Random" when spending money- even so I got the 10 pack and maybe 2 I like. I NEVER shop and let luck purchase for me. Random clothes? Random food? Random books? apply it anywhere you like---its not a great sales model. That said--some of the skins are very cool--others -- meh. So ---honest--very last Random purchase for me. Cheers,
    Sut

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

As far as I like most of arena net dev and rep. this recent mount and sale system set up with intention to get money out of players are really really sickening.

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• It's been said many, many times throughout the ~40+ pages of comments before mine here, but really... it's hard to imagine a (realistic) scenario where this could have come off looking more surprisingly greedy and manipulative (at least for Anet, obviously other developers have taken the loot craze and RNG much further). You've consistently tested the willing within your playerbase with various gem store items and bundles over the years, slowly but surely upping the ante, but (as is apparent from the mass outcry) even if many were readily expecting the continuing of such trends, boy did you surprise the vast majority of folks with all of... this. Dropping a bomb of 30 new skins the player is forced to gamble for, skin-by-skin? With zero new skins currently earnable through in-game content? $25 for a SINGLE mount skin is plain laughable (even if it's more than just a re-skin and there are some updates to the model). I find it hard to believe that all of this was imagined to play out well...

My wife and I have dropped our fair share of time and money into the game the past 5 years, and as veteran players just want you to know how shameless these practices and prices appear. This will definitely be a hard hit to the community's goodwill.

• I will not spend gems on the RNG mount system. I would spend gems on mounts if and only if I have a 100% chance of getting the mount I want. 2000 gems for the Reforged Warhound is reasonable imo because (1) it adds new visual effects to the engage skill and (2) it's a substantially remodeled (same rig, though, which I don't mind). 400 gems for a reskin and more dye channels is not worth it, especially with the RNG.

Mounts are arguably more useful than Gliders. I haven't purchased a glider because I don't use them as much as I do mounts. I am interested in mount skins, but the RNG and somewhat high price outweighs my interest and will to buy skins.

0/10 for the implementation of mount skins.

• making the RNG Mount skin based, would still make it rng, I DON'T WANT TO PAY RNG for the mounts, neither do a GREAT amount of people, black lion chests are one thing, but mounts are another that should be selectable, i'm really saddened with the state it got, how much more will we have to endure, the tyrany of RNG, i suggest you guys remove the RNG factor from the mount adoption tickets, and make it mount selectable, and tone the Forged jackal price to 700-1000gems ;x

• My problem is that there is no other ways to get skins any way, except a double dip into the paid pool: a RNG lootbox AND a 25$ single skin. Put like 2 of each mounts baser skins in the game for achievements, and either going forward do one of the 2, the adoption RNGness or the priced single bundles. Both is a bit overboard.

• hertigknut.8475hertigknut.8475 Member ✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

Never ever getting another cent from me until you change this. How could you even think that this was a good idea. Just awful.

• Logging in just to say that I'd be fine with the lootbox skins if there was some way to also get different skins in-game. Even if it wasn't the skins in the lootboxes, why is it that we have no skin rewards in-game for mount use? Or completing metas, or challenges, or anything besides just throwing down cash? We don't get rewarded for playing the game, just for spending money on it.

• RNG sucks, period. Also the skins are too expensive.

• Kylindra.1794Kylindra.1794 Member
    edited November 9, 2017

I buy gems. I buy stuff off the gem store. I won't buy a random chance at a mount skin I want, with >$100 to get the one I want.

Here's some options for making this better. Any of these would be fine:
    1. Make them tradeable. Make them like gem store dyes where you open the random pack, and then sell the result on the TP if you get one you don't want. That way I can just pay for the exact one I want with gold, or take my chances on a random one if I choose. I don't want to buy all 30 at the current price and I don't want to be stuck with a dumb one if I open one I don't want.
    2. Lower the price per chance to 100 gems, and remove the non-unique skins from the options. By non-unique, I mean the ones that are just the regular skin with more dye channels. Those shouldn't be in the gem store. Either let us have more dye channels by default, or let us earn the fancy version in the game, maybe by getting 1st place in the mount races. They're not good enough to sell for $$$.
    3. Remove the random element and sell each individual skin for 400 gems, except for the non-unique ones. Again, those shouldn't be on the gem store in the first place. Either give them to us or let us earn them in-game. Or if you really must put them in the gem store, add them as a random drop to BLTC chests (and if you do that, make them tradeable).
    4. Make them a random drop from BLTC chest (at a reasonable rarity) and then make opened skin tradeable. Random + not tradeable = bad.

Any of the above options would be less outrage-inducing that what you gave us. I had left the game for a bit but the expansion brought me back. Don't drive me away again with this kind of nonsense.

• Edelweiss.4261Edelweiss.4261 Member ✭✭✭

I'm a return player and I've been back for a little over a month. The Black Lion Trading Company offers many things that I can see myself investing in. I am something of a nomad when it comes to MMOs and I make occasional purchases. As such, I feel like I have a strong grasp on the value of typical cash shop items in MMOs. The first thing that hit me about the Trading Company's stock after returning was that the prices were shockingly high. There are likely reasons for this that aren't purely money-grubbing(I hope), but it raises the expectations of quality and fairness from the Black Lion Trading Company.
    I play Maplestory from time to time. Maplestory is infamous for its exploitation of RNG to drain its players of their money. The game is a bundle of fun, but their business model just feels skeevy. They compensate for this by keeping the prices low(for most things) and regularly distributing items from the cash shop during events. If you wait long enough, you can probably get more than what you need without spending a dime.
    Based on what I've said so far, the cash shops of Maplestory and Guild Wars 2 are reversed, but consider that the Black Lion Trading Company has contained RNG chests since the beginning, if I remember correctly. This too has been hand-waved away with the promise of quality, but many will find it grating as, despite legal definitions, it is perceived by many players as gambling and, ultimately, unfair.
    Based on this knowledge, we can infer that the Black Lion Trading Company and its patrons have had two unspoken contracts of sorts: Price for Quality and RNG for Quality. This balance held steady because the two rarely overlapped(or so I am led to believe by the posts of others and my memories). When both of these contracts are needed for a single purchase, however, tensions become strained. With the random mount skins, many players seem to feel that they are paying a heavy premium for a chance at an item that appears to be lacking in the quality they have come to expect. This perceived breach of etiquette is what I believe is the core behind the outrage over the mount adoption system. Including an expensive(2000 gems) mount skin only serves to fan the flames.
    Hopefully, I was clear without stepping on any toes. I'm finding Guild Wars 2 to be fun and I'd hate to antagonize powerful people.

• cutiecakes.8264cutiecakes.8264 Member
    edited November 9, 2017

I haven't read all the comments, so I don't know if this has been touched on, but PoF is very bare. Bigger maps are always more difficult, because you have to put more kitten in them. Two months in, I'm bored. I don't have any amazing skins to work towards, no collections I'm hyped to finish, and I spent ten bucks to get two adoption licenses and one was a skin I'll never use, because I genuinely don't like it. What do I do with it now? Know that if I ever put money into the game that I'll never get it again? Screw that. I'm sorry there were people that spent time on those skins, but I don't want them. I want to sell them on the tp and save up to actually buy the skin I want. It's not as if we paid for a kitten expansion with NO SKINS IN IT. For an expansion that boasts the introduction of mounts has very little to do with them.

Give me a collection to work towards that gives me a skin. Give me a gold sink. I'll buy the gems to get gold. Give me the ability to choose. I'd pay ten bucks for the kitten skin I want.

Give us something other than this kitten.

• I could probably eventually swallow the price tag, some of these skins are really detailed and incredibly well done. The guaranteed new skin unlock saves the whole getting duplicates to put on tp wherein the skins people want likely drop at 0.05%. However, that pill I could swallow if I had a say in the matter, random loot doesn't have that. If I'm putting that kind of money up for this I want to pick the skins. Put them in BLC if you have to, so long as there's a few (albeit simple ones) in the regular game the rest can be in the BLC for all I care, if I really want them I'll find a way to get them with the methods previously in place. A new RNG box? It's too much, sure you dumped it right on a personal windfall but this kind of thing only works once. This is it, I'm mad at myself enough for having even considered it. Fool me once, shame on me. This time I found a way to justify the cost, I know there won't be a second. There will NOT be a second.

Just, please, random chance is the worst reward for paid content. I could stomach the cost up front for choice. I can live happy grinding away to get the gold to get the gems eventually if I really really want it. But 7 day limit on the reduced cost? It's a 30pk, that's the kind of thing one keeps in a bundle sale in perpetuity. What now? Build on the skins by adding more and more to the random adoption or grossly expensive individual skins? For premium items, just leave it as: I want X, X costs X, I pay X. Sure, eventually I could get the skin(s) I want in the new iteration, but if I'm going into the premium store, I should be able to see the cost of an individual item and get it directly. These aren't trading cards, there isn't a collector's market, I don't go to the grocery store and pay for a random chance at the ramen I want, I buy the ramen I want.

If it's going to be gem store exclusive, either make it a direct buy or put it in the BLC with a few in the game world itself. The Gem Store should be a clear and upfront catalogue, not a roulette table.

• I don't mind spending 2000 gems on a skin. I just want to have the right to CHOSE it. I bought 8 vouchers to "adopt" skins and they were very very disappointing. I feel like I've been fooled.

• I don't post in the forums, basically ever but.....when I am buying something I want to know what I am getting. I have no problem buying micro-transactions to support a game I enjoy but the random stuff needs to GO! This loot box bull needs to stop. I am running out of game companies to support that don't practice this very bad behavior promoting what in all reality is gambling is not an acceptable practice and just begging some government do-gooder to come and regulate the living kitten out of this industry. Which will end up good for no one.

• @zeronatras.3280 said:

@Myrdreth.6829 said:
    What happens if you already got a certain skin and get it again?

You will get nothing probably, at least in OW and HOTS you get shards/gold which you will use to buy skins.

Nope. Read the description all the way through. It states that you'll get a random skin from among the ones you don't already have. You won't get duplicates, you'll just get one you don't already have.

• @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    So I'm in Lion's Arch where a ton of people have those random skins.
    From what I'm seeing from this bunch? I'm not seeing a single good mount skin.

Is there a way to see what choices there are without buying the thing? I know the thing say I can right click to see but I kind of refuse to pay for one. Next is, if what I'm seeing are the choices, that is also even more of a reason I would never buy one as they all look atrocious at the moment.

Go into the dropdown and take a look. All of them are now there with padlocks, just like dyes or minis. Click on them to see what they look like.

• Ider.1276Ider.1276 Member ✭✭

@nexidecimus.5973 said:
    Arenanet, I just have one question. What could have possibly possessed the entire company to go along with this and have not a single individual say "Maybe this is a bad idea. it might kitten some people off." ? edit: wow forum lords are so literal. ok lemme clear this up, i mean all the people who are responsible for letting this happen. as in, the people who actually gave this the green light. not one of them was like "uh, no how about we don't?"

It is a win/win situation for the company. There could be 2 ways out of this situation: 1) Community accepts mount lootboxes -> profit; 2) Community actively rejects lootboxes (what we have now) -> Anet says "Sorry!", removes adoption licences and gets a bunch on praise and good PR as a company that rejected filthy lootbox practices and listened to its audience (as it happened with Dauntless and Monster Hunter World recently). Additionaly they have a profit from all those who were against lootboxes, but couldn't hold themselves and already bought a bunch of them.
    A man who came up with this plan is very clever and calculated everything.

• This is probably the wrong way to do the unlocks, I'm not against the usage of randomization on principal, but there need to be mitigating mechanics. For example having them not be account bound, allowing rerolls for a price, or the ability to swap it out for another skin with a small premium. As is it only seems like a deliberate choice to force players to buy content they do not want, which is never good.

• @GodofSlack.7460 said:
    This is probably the wrong way to do the unlocks, I'm not against the usage of randomization on principal, but there need to be mitigating mechanics. For example having them not be account bound, allowing rerolls for a price, or the ability to swap it out for another skin with a small premium. As is it only seems like a deliberate choice to force players to buy content they do not want, which is never good.

agreed... just like cable tv.... they make you buy a package deal and force channels on you that you would otherwise never ever watch or buy....

• IndigoSundown.5419IndigoSundown.5419 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

@Tuskeh.4697 said:
    For instance, I recently got a Tequatl's Hoard chest from the World Boss in Sparkfly Fen, which contains the player's choice of one ascended weapon from a selection. These weapons are the highest-tier items in the game. I was ecstatic, leafing through my options like a kid in a candy store. I had an incentive (kill the big dragon knowing that I had a chance to get some cool stuff), a challenge (kill the big dragon with an army of other players), and a reward (big dragon falls into the water, chest of cool stuff). There was an element of randomization here in what loot I got, but once the loot was acquired, the reward was in my hands, and I could define what that reward could be with the weapon selection.

I'm willing to consider siding with people against the mount adoption RNG here but only if they criticize all forms of RNG, and not just specific to gem related RNG. Either all RNG is bad or it's not, and skins that are ONLY available through RNG means should be considered bad as well.
    I am much more shocked at practices that gate some content like that, which is RNG AND Timegated AND Account Bound than a few mount skins that have no timegate and very "limited" RNG, and that you can simply farm gold to gems.
    Again, if the mount adoption licenses were in gold and sold to an in game merchant not half of the people here would complain, even though it's the exact same problem.

Same with ecto gambling, it is RNG. It involves real money (it's just hidden being a gold amount, but it's basically the same), but people aren't complaining as much, even though it's been in game forever.

Why are people waking up just now? Because they really, really want these skins (unlike BL weapons), and not because there's anything new with how Anet does things.

Though I can understand people disliking RNG in general, RNG with cash-for-virtual-items is not the same problem. From a business perspective, the reason to use RNG (loot boxes, mount licenses, and so forth) is to get people to spend more for an item they want than they would if the item was offered separately at a price the market would bear. This business practice depends on people who: do not analyze the potential cost to get the item(s) they want; have issues with impulse control; and/or make the gambler's assumption that they will get lucky.

As for BL Keys, I've been speaking against those almost as long as they've been in the game. Why are others who may not have taken a stance against BL Keys speaking up now? It's my guess that most everyone expected ANet to put mount skins in the store. Given past ANet practices, it seems reasonable to assume that they would be priced the same as glider skins (or, since mount skins may be more resource-intensive to make, the same as outfits -- which are pretty much the same thing as a mount skin). It also seems likely that a lot of people were waiting for the debut of more mount skins. So, people had expectations -- especially about price. These skins are obtainable via a business model that is likely to be disadvantageous to most consumers. Thus, the complaints.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- Santayana

• BeardRex.6739BeardRex.6739 Member ✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

When the Halloween mount skins were a bundle, I was disappointed. But the mount RNG loot-box, and the cost of one individual mount you've introduced to the gem store just puts me into a state of depression.

What was I expecting for mount skins? Well, unfortunately, I already knew you wouldn't introduce skins as in-game rewards since you never did that with gliders, but here is how I expected the Gem Store to look:

• Recolored/4 dye channel skins: 400 gems
    • Skins with particle effects or model changes: 800 gems
    • Skins with SIGNIFICANT model changes (the Balthazar one for example): 1200 gems
    • Skins with skeleton/animation changes: 2400 gems

It's insane for me to think you guys wouldn't be making enough money from that pricing scheme to keep GW2 running strong.

• GreyWolf.8670GreyWolf.8670 Member ✭✭✭

@joshc.3129 said:
    You all do realize when they "combine" one topic into one official thread that just means they are going to completely ignore it and all feed back on it. Nothing is going to change with it and by the grace of God they do start selling each skin individually, I want back the gold I used to get 6 contracts so I can actually get the raptor skins I want.

That's fine. I'll completely ignore the gem store, then. Not down with this type of predatory marketing.

• Rococo.8347Rococo.8347 Member ✭✭✭

At this point - even before you start looking at how you are going to resolve RNG pay walls and loot boxes in general (because this isn't the first example) I think a massive turn around in feeling about this could be alleviated by:

1. Mailing the simple Raptor skin to everyone
    2. Confirm 2 skins from each group of mounts will be earned in game in PoF or a certain amount of the loot boxes can be earned by normal play
    3. Confirm all RNG boxes going forward will contain tradable items not the recent account only option that have been creeping in

The RNG issue in general and increasing lack of in game cosmetics though needs a serious rethink - at least the above will build a bridge in the mean time...

• I'm going to come out and say "Good Job on the mount skins, Anet"
    I mean that, not in a sarcastic way, but sincerely .
    You guys could have just as easily jumbled the skins into the BLTC and just be done with it, but no, it's a separate purchase that guarantees a skin you don't already have, yes, it ultimately means you have to pay $120 for all the skins. But why would you need all those skins?
    This was done in a smart way, a lot better then it could have been, like what other mmo's handle this. and I have to give you props for this decision

• @John Valdea.5879 said:
    TOP 5 SOLUTIONS

1. Make loot boxes obtainable: IE weekly or daily achievements.
    2. Put mounts up seasonally in a cycled system for higher cost. You can buy random tickets any time but to buy specific mount pay 1200 gems when it pops up in gem store.
    3. Make loot boxes mount specific.
    4. Lower Loot box cost considerably.
    5. Replace loot boxes with choose your skin options, and refund players.

Generally I like what you've said, but I definitely will argue against a price of 1200 on the rotational sales. I really don't feel like any skin should be worth more than $10, so I say 800. It also makes it easier to buy, instead of having to buy an odd Gem Pack to get $15 worth of Gems.
    But fundamentally, I just don't think you can make RNG have such a vastly cheaper price than the out-right price while having the out-right prices really be used by many at all. If they made each mount $15 (personally, I think based on the "coolness" of each, they should cost 400-800 Gems), then if you have even 10 that you may at some point want to get, it just makes so much more sense to go all in for the RNG and just buy them with that. And that way you get those extra ones that aren't super nice but that are always nice to have (plus it would reduce the pool for RNG if they add more mounts in the future). So there just has to be a balance, and the balance has to be related to the average amount of desirable skins to various players. I mean sure, this may be another tool to manipulate players into just going for the RNG choice, and getting them to spend more because the individual mounts are so expensive, but I really just want to feel good about buying the skins and supporting the game, and at $15/per, I wouldn't feel good about that.
    Just my opinion, but wanted to say it.

• Not gonna read all of these to see if anyone else mentioned it but wanted to offer a couple of thoughts.

1) You obviously have a pipeline for making skins now. Make some themed for some of the metas and put them as tradable drops at a low rate (pls not as low rate as the chak aura thingy as my guild runs that every night and I've yet to see anyone get it). That will incentive new content as rare drops for neat stuff is a big part of why people keep running HOT metas.
    2) I spend money on your shop. I wanna support you. Your pricing was off on this push and you've kicked a hornets nest. Make amends quickly. 200-300 I would think would be better for the random route if you really wanna go that way. The standalone single skin for 2k is way high.
    3) Make a 6th anniversary skin for next year for long time players with a pick one like the weapons skins and back skins. It's a good long term incentive.
    4) Make at least one skin unlocked by content with new living story episodes

• If you really want to keep the lootbox structure for mounts, lower the price per roll to the price of Black Lion keys, and enable skins to be put on the trading post. I think that is a good middle ground.

• Imaginal.6104Imaginal.6104 Member
    edited November 9, 2017

Mounts just came out, but the first pair of skins came in a bundle only, where you can't even buy any of them individually "which is uncommon and pretty unfavorable to most players" and now the second wave of mount skins come out and it's even more outrageous with the RNG Factor. Personally the Gem Store is adding more RNG than ever before, and I'm disliking it; I know I don't have to buy it and, I don't but in my opinion It's starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth and pushing me more and more to keep focus on other games other than GW2 to rid of possibly getting into that gem store shenanigans.

PS: In the Gem Store I've never bought Chest Keys with my own gems, but now there's unobtainable stuff in the Black Lion Chest, that cannot be traded so that's more of a reason for me to not buy it; mostly because I'm not interested in RNG and I don't support it. I buy a lot of bag slots, couple character slots, some other stuff and I love it because I don't have to roll a die to get what I want.

Edit: Reading other opinions and thinking about it myself, It's very true that I very much didn't mind shelling out some money for this game and it's hard-working staff because it's very unique and likable at that. But putting more and more of this type of RNG in your gem store is making me less and less trusting of the game and the gem store.

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

@nastyjman.8207 said:
    I'm taking a break. I've moved from anger to depression. It's just hitting me right now at how disappointing this whole rng lootbox had transpired. It really feels like grief, like your best friend just died.

Aw. Is there anything I can do for you? Being depressed is no fun at all, if you need to talk, please PM me. ^_^

Ṡ̴͍̱̯̫̤̈o̶͍̪͔͚͉̖̤̍̈͛̊͑̈́́͗̿͊̆͝r̷̥̩͍̹͖̬̗̳̣̰͛͜r̵̡̡̛̩̠̳͉̺̞̥̤̘̭̽y̴̨̠̹͔̞̤̭̥̤͔͖͖̏̿́͆̈̈́̄̇̀̔͝ͅ

• I do not like this system. If it wasn't randomized, I'd be more receptive.

• troops.8276troops.8276 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

@Ider.1276 said:

@nexidecimus.5973 said:
    Arenanet, I just have one question. What could have possibly possessed the entire company to go along with this and have not a single individual say "Maybe this is a bad idea. it might kitten some people off." ? edit: wow forum lords are so literal. ok lemme clear this up, i mean all the people who are responsible for letting this happen. as in, the people who actually gave this the green light. not one of them was like "uh, no how about we don't?"

It is a win/win situation for the company. There could be 2 ways out of this situation: 1) Community accepts mount lootboxes -> profit; 2) Community actively rejects lootboxes (what we have now) -> Anet says "Sorry!", removes adoption licences and gets a bunch on praise and good PR as a company that rejected filthy lootbox practices and listened to its audience (as it happened with Dauntless and Monster Hunter World recently). Additionaly they have a profit from all those who were against lootboxes, but couldn't hold themselves and already bought a bunch of them.
    A man who came up with this plan is very clever and calculated everything.

This.

It's not about "making gw2 great again"
    Its not about "supporting gw2" like they're a mom and pop lemonade stand.
    It's not about "wont anyone think about the poor starving Anet employees"
    It's not about "what's a fair price"
    It's not about "giving people new and exciting ways to play"
    It's about money. Maximising profits.
    Anet could have easily given away a bunch of skins with the ex pac. It's about seeing how much of the content can be monetized.
    Can, should, legal and fair are not synonymous. It's a product. Either you're willing to buy into it or you're not. Even F2P players are buying into it without spending a single penny. Ghost town mmo's don't work and you can't show off if there's no audience. Anet and NCsoft know what makes them money so you can expect a lot more of this type of grind or pay, RNG, loot box, gated content business model whether you like it or not.

• Naurgalen.2374Naurgalen.2374 Member ✭✭
    edited November 9, 2017

I'm really dissapointed to se A-Net follow what they started with the BL Keys in a feature FAR more requested/expected than random skins. Those at least competed with TONS of other skins that could be bought directly via the Black Lion market AND all the "free" ones you get from playing. ("free" because Im a beta player who pre - ordered the game and both expansions)

Heck, I -as most of the community- expected a "Glider" model to the mounts, with reasonable prices AND non gambling purchases if you want to pay for gems / grind them.

But this? I certainly didn't expect this. And I wont support a game with this kind of predatory mechanics anymore. I'm kitten burned by this lootbox kitten that AAA company's are pushing out and will continue voting with my wallet against it.

PS and Edit: Heck even using the glider prices it means TONS of more money as you will want probably a skin for each mount! I cant fathom the greed that its needed to make this kind of decisions on top.

• I had fun with the random mount skins, I got a couple I really liked! I don't mind spending the money on a game I love for fun cosmetic things.

• I would have bought several of these skins were it not for the ridiculous RNG element. On the other hand, you did make it easier for me to pull the trigger on buying ELEX, so thanks I guess?

• fuzzyp.6295fuzzyp.6295 Member ✭✭✭

I have no issue spending my money to support to Anet, I have been with you since Factions. I think the new mount skins are lovely. But I want to spend my money on what I want. If I liked one or two skins, you could force me to drop $100+ just for one item? That is horrid and you should be ashamed. What really ticks me off, however, is the fact that you dump in all these wonderful skins only a little over a month after an expansion pack is released with no way to get any in game. You know when the consumers get upset when a game releases with immediate DLC? Same issue here. This is a huge slap in the face to us consumers. You will not be getting a penny out of me until this is addressed, and with the current rate of locking skins behind RNG loot boxes and expecting us to drop money for a chance to get it is complete ludicrous.

Let me be clear; I would have no problem dropping 400 gems on a skin for a mount that I like. I've grown to accept that this company will prioritize getting money from us. For a free to play game, its to be expected that skins will be added and purchased. But this is an absolute shameless money grab.

I'm wondering, will the new weapons from the design a weapon contest be Black Lion Chest exclusive too? :-1:

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.