Official Mount Adoption Feedback Thread [merged]

The Black Lion Stables are pleased to open their doors and offer new mount adoption licenses. Each license will allow you to claim a random mount skin from the Black Lion Stables, and they are available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each.

If this trend continues, RNG skins upon RNG I won't fund this game anymore, simple as that. This is stupid.

The math:400 * 31 = 12,400 gems.

Is this the direction ArenaNet is taking? Loot box skins?

• Like 1

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:The Black Lion Stables are pleased to open their doors and offer new mount adoption licenses. Each license will allow you to claim a random mount skin from the Black Lion Stables, and they are available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each.

If this trend continues I won't fund this game anymore, simple as that. This is stupid.

How is that different from spending 100 gems for a chance at an exclusive dye]? Or 80 gems (in bulks) for BL keys, with a random chance of skins? Like any lotto, play if you think you'll get lucky, otherwise hang tight and buy the specific skin(s) you want when they show up at a discount later.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:The Black Lion Stables are pleased to open their doors and offer new mount adoption licenses. Each license will allow you to claim a random mount skin from the Black Lion Stables, and they are available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each.

If this trend continues I won't fund this game anymore, simple as that. This is stupid.

How is that different from spending 100 gems for a chance at an exclusive dye]? Or 80 gems (in bulks) for BL keys, with a random chance of skins? Like any lotto, play if you think you'll get lucky, otherwise hang tight and buy the specific skin(s) you want when they show up at a discount later.

Those dyes can be bought on the TP and flooded quite nicely with supply. Mount skins cannot be bought on the TP.

Amazing. It took only seconds for the people that defend companies to come out of the woodwork.

I mean what the hell, Anet needed to take a page from EA and Ubisoft, didn't they? Friggin' wonderful.

Lootboxes lootboxes lootboxes.

The dirtiest game sales practice of recent times and Anet immediately adopt it.

The whole point of the gem store is to buy what you want. The Black Lion Chests are already lootboxes; add the random mount skins to them. This stable thing is predatory and unnecessary. I won't be purchasing your gambling stables and will encourage everyone else not to. Allow people to purchase the skins they want directly.

I'm ashamed that Anet had decided to start dipping a grubby finger into the lootbox mania that's taken over the game industry. Your gem store is where it should be. All this is going to do is make people angry, alienate your customers, and cause people to stop buying gems. Is that really the goal here?

This is why I haven't played some certain other MMOs who offer gambling style items in the cash shop, I have spent a lot of money on Gems from Anet on various items including the previous mount skin pack, but I refuse to pay for gambling items.

If this is how Anet wants to bring new items into their store in the future then they will lose sales from me (charge a higher price for items fine, but I will not gamble).

I have been very happy generally with direction things have been going with PoF apart from this (disappointed because I use the gem store a lot).

@Myrdreth.6829 said:What happens if you already got a certain skin and get it again?

"Every license guarantees the successful adoption of a unique breed, so it’s easy to make room in your heart for all of them."

My take on this statement from ArenaNet is you won't get duplicates.