Condi vs Power nerf

SneakyTouchy.6043

I was reading the patch notes and the description paragraph said it was intended to bring down ele dps against large targets. However, in the changes noted, I only see condi nerfs?

Was a nerf to condi ele needed? As far as I am aware, it is the only profression to bring nothing other than it's own damage, AND, is the most high risk profession to play. Compare to a condi thief for example, where it does high damage, but not as much, yet it spends half its time in an evade frame. It's much safer, so lesser damage makes sense.

Yet I was totally expecting something to happen with the 20% damage on stunned mobs. Nothing?

Maybe I don't understand this, but why?

@Tashigi.3159 said:Outside of the passive burn from the conjured GS, what else did condi get as a nerf? 'Cause I only see small buffs here and there for it (IE Pyro Vortex)Arcane power only gives 2 stacks to allies. So you get 8 (4 allies with 2 stacks less) less stacks of burn (with elemental surge) from procs on your party.

yes the arcane power nerf was a sad one. It was the way you could do impactful offensive support and not play all water .... Sword buffs fine. Earth was shield unexpected and a buff but if you look at ele in total using conjures is more a lost slot due to having enough skills in rotation. FSG nerfs are minor. FSG is underperforming due to it´s 180 CD and if you reduce it´s skills effect and the CD it´s also dead like others due to adding more skills then needed. If you want conjures useful, they need to offer something diffrent to all our ele skills. FSG is good due to movement skills and i like the 2 on it.

@Wolfric.9380 said:yes the arcane power nerf was a sad one. It was the way you could do impactful offensive support and not play all water .... Sword buffs fine. Earth was shield unexpected and a buff but if you look at ele in total using conjures is more a lost slot due to having enough skills in rotation. FSG nerfs are minor. FSG is underperforming due to it´s 180 CD and if you reduce it´s skills effect and the CD it´s also dead like others due to adding more skills then needed. If you want conjures useful, they need to offer something diffrent to all our ele skills. FSG is good due to movement skills and i like the 2 on it.

FGS is used as a key part of the optimal damage rotation, adding almost 3k DPS to the rotation... Drop it and cast a couple skills, then swap out of it, continue standard rotation, then pick up your second FGS to recast those couple skills and drop again to continue standard. The same strategy is used with Frostbow. Nerfing both of these significantly effects not JUST condi DPS but also power as well.

@Wolfric.9380 said:I understand but i don´t care about a few PvE DPS ;-). When comparing effectiviness only human opponents count for me. I never played fractals and raids.

Sure, but pve is not where the nerfs were aimed at.... maybe a pvp split could be in order surely, but the nerfs were not un-needed.

Not shure if FSG nerf was aimed to PvP. There this change seems irrelevant. Arcane power is a significant PvP nerf. The only conjure i used in PvP was earth shield in a lightning rod build which i will try out again. I used FSG in WvW roaming regulary but doubt it will change much.

@Wolfric.9380 said:I understand but i don´t care about a few PvE DPS ;-). When comparing effectiviness only human opponents count for me. I never played fractals and raids.

In a similar way others do not care about snowflake pvp builds. Can't expect understanding when you're not willing to give it back, can you?

Archived