Are all the devs maining Scourge or something?

Jackalrat.5493

How is it that this class has been identified as too strong since PoF launched, is still #1 on all my death recaps every game, is the obvious preferred choice over every other necro build by miles, and still just got buffed with this patch?

Have the devs somehow not experienced the immense condi spam Scourges are sporting? Nothing else seems to come close. I mean every time I zone in as necro my team is just praying I'm on the scourge bandwagon cause it's literally the only choice by the most immense gap I can think of between any builds of a given class.

So now, what, we wait another full season and hope the incredibly obvious balance choices are made?

@ArthurDent.9538 said:It isn't that they all main scourge, it is that none of them play pvp or wvw so none of them have to experience trying to play against the abomination of a spec.

That makes me realize that I used to see ANet emplyees in-game in Heart of the Mists fairly regularly a while ago. However, it stopped, and I haven't seen any there since then.

Well it's just getting ridiculous. Balance patch after balance patch they usually leave some inherently monstrous version of burning going.

And I do play Necro, but I pick a class for its flavor and playstyle, not cause it's OP. I like greatswords, which admittedly are better now than they ever have been, but even when I run a full anti-condi build, if there's one scourge or one firebrand, every death I have is like...60,000 burning damage and it usually happens pretty quick. There isn't enough cleanse in the world. Not to mention that in the middle of all those condis they have awesome weakness up time with Curses so they're impossible to fight as melee.

This is some real salt here, but I feel like they could take any average rank 100+ SPvPer to their balance team and he/she could devise a better list of changes than they usually do. And if PvE is the issue, they're already willing to do PvP-specific changes so come on, A. Net.

Edit: Typos yo.

@Jackalrat.5493 said:This is some real salt here, but I feel like they could take any average rank 100+ SPvPer to their balance team and he/she could devise a better list of changes than they usually do. And if PvE is the issue, they're already willing to do PvP-specific changes so come on, A. Net.

The problem is that any real fix to PvP would divorce it from PvE so completely that PvE players could never casually drift in to PvP. The dev team wants PvP as similar as possible to PvE, and that will prevent any large-scale mechanical changes to conditions in general, stat combinations, and a variety of other factors that make PvP so painful.

So Scourge having no-tell giant AoE condi bombs will never change, because that's the only way the class can be useful in PvE where only DPS matters.

@P Fun Daddy.1208 said:

@Jackalrat.5493 said:This is some real salt here, but I feel like they could take any average rank 100+ SPvPer to their balance team and he/she could devise a better list of changes than they usually do. And if PvE is the issue, they're already willing to do PvP-specific changes so come on, A. Net.

The problem is that any real fix to PvP would divorce it from PvE so completely that PvE players could never casually drift in to PvP. The dev team wants PvP as similar as possible to PvE, and that will prevent any large-scale mechanical changes to conditions in general, stat combinations, and a variety of other factors that make PvP so painful.

So Scourge having no-tell giant AoE condi bombs will never change, because that's the only way the class can be useful in PvE where only DPS matters.

Giving them easier-to-see animations shouldn't hurt them in PvE. It's not as if AI cares whether there are obvious animations or not; they know what you're casting regardless.

Dear customers,

As POF sellings are not reaching our primary objectives, we have decided to keep our over broken profession still available for the next 3 months. Please buy.Note: for those who are upset with the current meta...well...sorry :). Please note that you can still buy a second (or a third) version of our expansion ... to help accelarating a bit things ;)

Scourge is example how big is difference between game modes. They really need to make big balance differences between them. Scourge is underperfoming in pve, coz they tell that he is heavy support (lol with what ? , barrier is crap in pve atm), he is ok in wvw group play (slow ranged condi corrupt bruiser) , but in pvp where it is about point defend... there must be some icd on skills or lower durations, also less corrupt, if they do it, they do it across all modes ...

@intox.6347 said:Scourge is example how big is difference between game modes. They really need to make big balance differences between them. Scourge is underperfoming in pve, coz they tell that he is heavy support (lol with what ? , barrier is crap in pve atm), he is ok in wvw group play (slow ranged condi corrupt bruiser) , but in pvp where it is about point defend... there must be some icd on skills or lower durations, also less corrupt, if they do it, they do it across all modes ...

Honestly, as I've said before, changing the corrupt to strip shouldn't have any noticeable impact on PvE, but would make them much better balanced in PvP. They wouldn't even need to bother with splitting between game modes if they went that route.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@intox.6347 said:Scourge is example how big is difference between game modes. They really need to make big balance differences between them. Scourge is underperfoming in pve, coz they tell that he is heavy support (lol with what ? , barrier is crap in pve atm), he is ok in wvw group play (slow ranged condi corrupt bruiser) , but in pvp where it is about point defend... there must be some icd on skills or lower durations, also less corrupt, if they do it, they do it across all modes ...

Honestly, as I've said before, changing the corrupt to strip shouldn't have any noticeable impact on PvE, but would make them much better balanced in PvP. They wouldn't even need to bother with splitting between game modes if they went that route.

agree but i think anet want to keep that as some sort of theme for scourge .

Reminds me of those python-like druid bunkers last year, after tempest bunkers got nerfed to misery. Somehow, Devs decided that bunker ele should not exist while letting those druids slip away unharmed, I recall they even buffed them a couple times. Same is happens with Scourge this year. Anti-bunker class (not) that disables everything: can't have boons while fighting them because they corrupt 4 of them with a single fart, can't apply condition on them because you are risking to get them back into your face and now you can't also power-damage melee them because of neverending weakness and cripple. Unless you are a spellbreaker I but heard these guys struggle too.

Makes me sad that they only tweak overpowered specs after one of them solo kills a raid boss lol

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:Reminds me of those python-like druid bunkers last year, after tempest bunkers got nerfed to misery. Somehow, Devs decided that bunker ele should not exist while letting those druids slip away unharmed, I recall they even buffed them a couple times. Same is happens with Scourge this year. Anti-bunker class (not) that ~~disables ~~everything: can't have boons while fighting them because they corrupt 4 of them with a single fart, can't apply condition on them because you are risking to get them back into your face and now you can't also power-damage melee them because of neverending weakness and cripple. Unless you are a spellbreaker I but heard these guys struggle too.

Makes me sad that they only tweak overpowered specs after one of them solo kills a raid boss lol

Ooo, Scrouge doesn't disable stuff, Scrouge just kills everything. Blackout Mesmer in GW1 was disabler.

Archived