Best looking medium armor?

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Mine is a bit... expensive.

Are you referring to the per-hour payment? Because that's what she looks like. :s (I still can't believe that ANet is no better than other companies when it comes to creating sexist armor for female characters. Plain awful.)

The woman's body is a beautiful thing. I want to see this beautiful thing, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to do so. If anet should happen to implement hot sets [...]

Only if there were equivalents on the male side, but there are none. Therefore, this policy is sexist. Also, there is a difference between "hot" and "cheap" (I can't type the actual term I am thinking of, because it would get censored, but I am sure you know what I mean).

There are many armors that show of the male body too. There is a difference between sexy and sexist and no female character is ever forced to wear this type of clothing. It existing because clearly some people (perhaps the majority?) enjoy it doesn't make anything sexist. It's more like that's what people want, the company would be catering to the audience. Pure capitalism, those pigs amirite

There are sooo few revealing armors its actually funny how many times I wished there was at least a little skin showing because that's just my personal taste.

Bite me.

• Alek Seven.2374Alek Seven.2374 Member ✭✭✭

Spearmarshal isbquite beautiful too.

• La Sirena.6873La Sirena.6873 Member ✭✭
    edited April 9, 2018

Heres my ranger

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2018

casual looks

• For my male charr core ranger I use Legendary pvp armor, with dragonscale epaulets
    For my female human druid I use Zehtuka's ascended.

Rytlock Brimstone: So we find the archon, take him out, then use Kas's "imposter" trick to take his place, right?
    Lady Kasmeer Meade: It's not a trick. Mesmers don't do "tricks"—we utilize illusion.
    Rytlock Brimstone: Yeah, yeah. You guys are worse than elementalists.

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2018

• Furrocious Cat Ears (Lava/Peach Ice)
    • Shoulders hidden
    • Krytan Jerkin (Shadow Purple)
    • Chaos Gloves (Vincent)
    • Aetherblade Medium Leggings (Shadow Purple)
    • Viper's Boots (Shadow Purple)
    • Privateer Staff ((Daredevil, fully unlocked))
    • Tempered Spinal Blades

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

My ranger, although norn and not human, is the closest I can provide to suggest skins to the OP

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• @aniesia.4823 said:

she's a ranger <3

which boots and pants did u use?

• RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chinn.9208 said:

@aniesia.4823 said:

she's a ranger <3

Legs are from the gem store Viper set. The boots look like the Bladed medium boots.

Oh look. I have a signature now.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@aniesia.4823 said:

she's a ranger <3

You wouldn't think she would wear clothing with that much exposed skin if she insufficiently cold to need a heavy scarf.

• juhani.5361juhani.5361 Member ✭✭✭

@Jordan.5930 said:

Personally, I love the sneakthief set, everything from the ninja stars on the side, to the tabi on the bottom. I think it's very detailed. Here's my Canthan character Jin.

Gah, it kills me how much nicer the male Sneakthief set is than the female version. I need this on my female Sylvari ranger. Badly.

• Liewec.2896Liewec.2896 Member ✭✭✭

@ZeddyGW.5013 said:
    My thief is female and a human.

cultural t3, its the only option! ;)

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Myrdreth.6829 said:
    My thief looks like this. I really like the combination of those clothes :)
    Simple and clean and still elegant and feminine.

Shoulders: Privateer Shoulders
    Chest: Falconer's Coat
    Hand: Sneakthief Gloves
    Leg: Seeker Pants
    Foot: Prowler Boots
    Imgur

I love, love, love this look! But sadly the Falconer's chest is Human cultural armor, and my Thief is a Female Asparagus. I'll post a pic of mine later when I get home.

• Dreadshow.9320Dreadshow.9320 Member ✭✭✭

Human Cultural Assassin Outfit with a hood and knee high boots.

• @RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    "Best looking" is very subjective, as you can tell from the various screenshots in this thread. This is my engineer's current look (I swap between this and the Outlaw outfit).

What leggings are you using?

• @The Spiritbraker.9452 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    "Best looking" is very subjective, as you can tell from the various screenshots in this thread. This is my engineer's current look (I swap between this and the Outlaw outfit).

What leggings are you using?

That's Vigil's Honor Medium leggings.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• Tyson.5160Tyson.5160 Member ✭✭✭✭

How come no one is posting the Perfect Envoy Armor...

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

@mnyonk.6134 said:
    Found some old screenshots. Cant remember the combination though. But this was the medium armor for my soulbeast.

Luke-Sky-Baba :

Baba's Creed:

ohh wow, this is cute

• Ty :) glad you like it.

• Won first place in Guild Fashion show in Medium Armour

• Gemnaid.4219Gemnaid.4219 Member ✭✭✭

Get the raiding legendary skin. It’s the best skin.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Chinn.9208 said:

@aniesia.4823 said:

she's a ranger <3

Legs are from the gem store Viper set. The boots look like the Bladed medium boots.

Just a note, Ins't it Funerary leggings?

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Are you referring to the per-hour payment? Because that's what she looks like. :s (I still can't believe that ANet is no better than other companies when it comes to creating sexist armor for female characters. Plain awful.)

The woman's body is a beautiful thing. I want to see this beautiful thing, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to do so. If anet should happen to implement hot sets [...]

Only if there were equivalents on the male side, but there are none. Therefore, this policy is sexist. Also, there is a difference between "hot" and "cheap" (I can't type the actual term I am thinking of, because it would get censored, but I am sure you know what I mean).

There are many armors that show of the male body too.

Not really. And surely none that would expose secondary sexual characteristic like with female armor (boobs, butt, upper thighs and bikini zone, belly button).

There is a difference between sexy and sexist

Indeed there is, and "cheap" (I can't use the actual term, it's being filtered) isn't sexy.

and no female character is ever forced to wear this type of clothing.

The fact that there is a huge amount of said armor pieces limits your options, so you are forced to wear the few alternatives - whereas men have a wide variety to choose from, and none of those armor pieces look cheap.

It existing because clearly some people (perhaps the majority?) enjoy it doesn't make anything sexist.

Many people enjoy certain types of videos. Doesn't mean they aren't one-sidely sexist in the way they depict women.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

There are many armors that show of the male body too.

Not really. And surely none that would expose secondary sexual characteristic like with female armor (boobs, butt, upper thighs and bikini zone).

There is a difference between sexy and sexist

Indeed there is, and kitten isn't sexy.

and no female character is ever forced to wear this type of clothing.

The fact that there is a huge amount of said armor pieces limits your options, so you are forced to wear the few alternatives - whereas men have a wide variety to choose from, and none of those armor pieces look kitten.

It existing because clearly some people (perhaps the majority?) enjoy it doesn't make anything sexist.

Many people enjoy certain types of videos. Doesn't mean they aren't one-sidely sexist in the way they depict women.

So? By your saying that having more revealing armour on female and not male is sexist?

There are probably far more female players that wear there's skimpy armours then male players do (not saying we don't at all because I sometimes change to full t3 on my thief)

edited December 3, 2018

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    So? By your saying that having more revealing armour on female and not male is sexist?

Yes. It is a sexist design.

There are probably far more female players that wear there's skimpy armours then male players do

And that makes it better how exactly? Just because modern media teaches girls and young women that "skimpy" equals "sexy" and that you have to dress a certain way to be perceived as attractive doesn't make it so.

• My current mixed set for my Ranger

• ParadoX.3124ParadoX.3124 Member ✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

Yes, I like Flashy armor and I don't know how to update a screen.

oWyl5g.jpg

• This is my deadeye that I made for PoF.

• Gw2 armor in general is all boring versions of others-

• A lot of posts on this, but I will suggest this. Try looking into Requiem armor. This is the armor that got released in Jahai Bluffs and it glows! You can also change the color of the glow and customize the look pretty well with other armor sets. I combined mine with Bladed Armor from Verdant Brink and the Requiem Armor to have a really cool effect. It's worth checking out.

ALSO here is a list of armor types that many try for
    Warbeast Armor
    Bounty Hunter Armor
    Bladed Armor
    Funerary Armor (not my cup o tea though)

If you use the above you can honestly get some good combos. You can get most of these via the desert box which is in PvP and WvW. :+1:

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

Can you tell me what armor wears 3rd character at right from Asura with Horns please? That armor is sick!

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

Also, there is a difference between "hot" and "cheap" (I can't type the actual term I am thinking of, because it would get censored, but I am sure you know what I mean).

Indeed there is, and "cheap" (I can't use the actual term, it's being filtered) isn't sexy.

We get it, you think women who don't do what you want are hookers and you hate them. Sheesh. Also you don't get to define what is sexy for the rest of us. Now go be a busy body somewhere else.

• Nury.3062Nury.3062 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2018

https://ibb.co/BZf5ZxQMy ranger but looks more like an assassin.

edited December 28, 2018

@robertthebard.8150 said:
    I'm betting that referring to a female character as a hooker will be the most sexist thing I read all day, so, thanks for that, I guess?

It can't be sexist when I am a woman, can it? That is how I feel about what I saw (namely offended), although I used a different terminology than you did. ;) There is a reason why I almost exclusively play male characters in this game - there aren't enough decent options for female chars to look other than like either "fragile little princesses", vixens, or, well, what you wrote.

Anyway, happy holidays:

• My Daredevil, simple and stupid (w/ Reclaimed staff)

• Omernon.9762Omernon.9762 Member ✭✭✭

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@OP, how about this combo? (The lady in the middle next to the Asura with the horned helmet.)

• Assassin's Shoulderpads
    • Krytan Jerkin
    • Buccaneer Gloves
    • Duelist Pants
    • Assassin's Boots

@Oriens.5630 said:
    Here I went for a cute girl look.

"Cute"?! Dear Dwayna... :s

I'm betting that referring to a female character as a hooker will be the most sexist thing I read all day, so, thanks for that, I guess?

She has a point tho. If you go to Red Light district in Amsterdam you will noticed that there is not a world of difference between beautiful ladies there and many female player characters in the game. Facts cannot be sexist; they’re just facts. Saying that they look like a hooker is actually quiet accurate, given that prostitues were historically a driving force behind women fashion change over the years. Not that it is a bad thing, because without them women would still be wearing long dresses and probably women’s rights movement in the 60s would never happen. ;)

Although I wouldn’t want to see male characters as “exposed” as some female characters in the game are. Call me sexist or homophopic, I don’t care, but the moment I would see pink afro norn with big pink mustache and visible boobs and “bikini” zone, teabagging my corpse in WvW would be the moment I would uninstall this game for good. There is a limit of bad taste that I can swollow... and I know that many players would create such characters with silly legendary weapon skins (those that make silly noises during combat) just for the kek and annoyance of other players.

• @Omernon.9762 said:

She has a point tho. If you go to Red Light district in Amsterdam you will noticed that there is not a world of difference between beautiful ladies there and many female player characters in the game. Facts cannot be sexist; they’re just facts. Saying that they look like a hooker is actually quiet accurate, given that prostitues were historically a driving force behind women fashion change over the years. Not that it is a bad thing, because without them women would still be wearing long dresses and probably women’s rights movement in the 60s would never happen. ;)

Although I wouldn’t want to see male characters as “exposed” as some female characters in the game are. Call me sexist or homophopic, I don’t care, but the moment I would see pink afro norn with big pink mustache and visible boobs and “bikini” zone, teabagging my corpse in WvW would be the moment I would uninstall this game for good. There is a limit of bad taste that I can swollow... and I know that many players would create such characters with silly legendary weapon skins (those that make silly noises during combat) just for the kek and annoyance of other players.

Sometimes us guys want to see jacked dudes wearing loincloths cross swords.

Anyway, down here in Vegas, it isn't uncommon to see the average woman walking around in Daisy Dukes and a cropped tube top. If they're wearing that much. The thing about modesty is that it's relative. Living here, I've been utterly desensitized. What for other people is too provocative is just Tuesday for me. It goes the same for everybody else living here. The prostitutes around here don't go for the minimalist approach. They go for a particular style, with cached up makeup and lingerie, mostly to hide the bruises/drug erosion but also to stand out from the average woman.

Also I'm going to call into question that prostitutes were responsible for women's lib. Historically the cause of most liberation is literacy and widespread publication. In order to maintain rights in the face of greater power, you have to win the argument. It's only once people find that injustice is indefensible does justice prevail.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• Omernon.9762Omernon.9762 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2018

Well, but they did inspire sexual revolution of 20th century and that also led towards women's right movement. There is quiet a lot of books on this topic and I mean books written by historians and scientist, not ideologists. But you're also right; one thing is not enough to account for entire women's right movement, but it did played a big role.

Back on topic tho:
    This may not be medium armor, but it certainly looks like one. My Human Engineer in Rox outfit:

I also use Zafirah's Rifle on her, so to match colors with the outfit:

I like when my characters look like real adventurers, not some half-naked chicks imbued with way too many flashy auras. I just wish the quality of in-game images was a bit higher...

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2018

Hi, I have a few medium armor combo that I actually like :D I will post it here if it helps.

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• jinxykat.6519jinxykat.6519 Member ✭✭✭

I just want a little something like this https://imgur.com/C6DMVv6

The beatings will continue until moral improves!!

• dbill.7483dbill.7483 Member ✭✭

I wanted something a little more realistic than the typical "fantasy female" type

Tootsie
    Sanctum of Rall [FLUX]
    "shut up and suck less" is the new GW2 manifesto

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Chinn.9208 said:

@aniesia.4823 said:

she's a ranger <3

That's not Viper's Pant. That's problably Funerary. The boots is indeed Bladed.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• Iris Ng.9845Iris Ng.9845 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2019

Not so long ago, I made some sketches for a request, which I thought could be a good reference for the OP.

• Chyanne Waters.8719Chyanne Waters.8719 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.