Best looking medium armor? - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Best looking medium armor?

124>

Comments

• Ty :) glad you like it.

• Won first place in Guild Fashion show in Medium Armour

• Gemnaid.4219Gemnaid.4219 Member ✭✭✭

Get the raiding legendary skin. It’s the best skin.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Chinn.9208 said:

@aniesia.4823 said:

she's a ranger <3

which boots and pants did u use?

Legs are from the gem store Viper set. The boots look like the Bladed medium boots.

Just a note, Ins't it Funerary leggings?

I dream of elves in GW2.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Mine is a bit... expensive.

Are you referring to the per-hour payment? Because that's what she looks like. :s (I still can't believe that ANet is no better than other companies when it comes to creating sexist armor for female characters. Plain awful.)

The woman's body is a beautiful thing. I want to see this beautiful thing, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to do so. If anet should happen to implement hot sets [...]

Only if there were equivalents on the male side, but there are none. Therefore, this policy is sexist. Also, there is a difference between "hot" and "cheap" (I can't type the actual term I am thinking of, because it would get censored, but I am sure you know what I mean).

There are many armors that show of the male body too.

Not really. And surely none that would expose secondary sexual characteristic like with female armor (boobs, butt, upper thighs and bikini zone, belly button).

There is a difference between sexy and sexist

Indeed there is, and "cheap" (I can't use the actual term, it's being filtered) isn't sexy.

and no female character is ever forced to wear this type of clothing.

The fact that there is a huge amount of said armor pieces limits your options, so you are forced to wear the few alternatives - whereas men have a wide variety to choose from, and none of those armor pieces look cheap.

It existing because clearly some people (perhaps the majority?) enjoy it doesn't make anything sexist.

Many people enjoy certain types of videos. Doesn't mean they aren't one-sidely sexist in the way they depict women.

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Are you referring to the per-hour payment? Because that's what she looks like. :s (I still can't believe that ANet is no better than other companies when it comes to creating sexist armor for female characters. Plain awful.)

The woman's body is a beautiful thing. I want to see this beautiful thing, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to do so. If anet should happen to implement hot sets [...]

Only if there were equivalents on the male side, but there are none. Therefore, this policy is sexist. Also, there is a difference between "hot" and "cheap" (I can't type the actual term I am thinking of, because it would get censored, but I am sure you know what I mean).

There are many armors that show of the male body too.

Not really. And surely none that would expose secondary sexual characteristic like with female armor (boobs, butt, upper thighs and bikini zone).

There is a difference between sexy and sexist

Indeed there is, and kitten isn't sexy.

and no female character is ever forced to wear this type of clothing.

The fact that there is a huge amount of said armor pieces limits your options, so you are forced to wear the few alternatives - whereas men have a wide variety to choose from, and none of those armor pieces look kitten.

It existing because clearly some people (perhaps the majority?) enjoy it doesn't make anything sexist.

Many people enjoy certain types of videos. Doesn't mean they aren't one-sidely sexist in the way they depict women.

So? By your saying that having more revealing armour on female and not male is sexist?

There are probably far more female players that wear there's skimpy armours then male players do (not saying we don't at all because I sometimes change to full t3 on my thief)

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    So? By your saying that having more revealing armour on female and not male is sexist?

Yes. It is a sexist design.

There are probably far more female players that wear there's skimpy armours then male players do

And that makes it better how exactly? Just because modern media teaches girls and young women that "skimpy" equals "sexy" and that you have to dress a certain way to be perceived as attractive doesn't make it so.

My GW2 content charts: (1) LWS 4, (2) PoF , (3) Personal story (pre-Claw Island/Orr) , (4) LWS 2 , (5) HoT, (6) Orr campaign , (7) LWS 3

• My current mixed set for my Ranger

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

Quite agree. This Pc stuff is getting tiresome.
    I'm a female who plays females and I say my armour isn't skimpy enough.

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

@OP, how about this combo? (The lady in the middle next to the Asura with the horned helmet.)

• Assassin's Shoulderpads
    • Krytan Jerkin
    • Buccaneer Gloves
    • Duelist Pants
    • Assassin's Boots

@Oriens.5630 said:
    Here I went for a cute girl look.

"Cute"?! Dear Dwayna... :s

I'm betting that referring to a female character as a hooker will be the most sexist thing I read all day, so, thanks for that, I guess?

• ParadoX.3124ParadoX.3124 Member ✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

Yes, I like Flashy armor and I don't know how to update a screen.

oWyl5g.jpg

• This is my deadeye that I made for PoF.

• Gw2 armor in general is all boring versions of others-

• A lot of posts on this, but I will suggest this. Try looking into Requiem armor. This is the armor that got released in Jahai Bluffs and it glows! You can also change the color of the glow and customize the look pretty well with other armor sets. I combined mine with Bladed Armor from Verdant Brink and the Requiem Armor to have a really cool effect. It's worth checking out.

ALSO here is a list of armor types that many try for
    Warbeast Armor
    Bounty Hunter Armor
    Bladed Armor
    Funerary Armor (not my cup o tea though)

If you use the above you can honestly get some good combos. You can get most of these via the desert box which is in PvP and WvW. :+1:

124>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.