What goals shall I go for next?

Right bit of background to my game play.

Been playing this game for 3 months now (got to say loving it and am addicted) currently I have 6 level 80’s (Ele,Necro,Guardian,Revenant,Thief,Ranger) I don’t want to buy anymore slots at the moment.

My current goal was to create Twilight, I managed to complete that last night! I am actively raiding and WvWing (no real desire to pvp) and am working towards getting my 150 AR to complete all Tier 4 fractals.

Just would like to know if anyone has any other goals I could go for. Ideally some long term goals (and outside of the box, not just creating legendaries) as I need a goal to keep myself firmly planted in the game.

Any fun achievements? Or any long term goal ideas would be great.

Thanks for all the help!

OldManPingu

My personal goals all more or less revolve around fashion. Acquired Flameseeker Prophecies 'this week, wanna finish the legendary trinket Aurora, get a celestial infusion, finish some of the elite spec weapons, etc. I make new characters a lot (up to 40 right now with 1-2 more in the works lol) so I always have something to work on whether that be completing their looks, getting the new guys to 80, completing elite specs, etc. That's where I get my enjoyment in the game from :3

For me, the most long-term and universally rewarding goal is achievement points themselves. After every 3000 points you get an armor piece toward sets that a very small fraction of the player base has completed. My goal since the inception of achievement rewards has been the Hellfire Armor set, which I'm getting near to completing. Going for high-tier achievement rewards is the kind of goal that will keep you occupied for years.

there are plenty of goals. lol.someone suggested "mad memoires" collection, which could take up to 2 years if you miss some achieves and couldn't finish it when your halloween is on.after fractals t4s, i could see you get yourself in some raid trainings.raids are hard end-game contents. mainly cuz 10 people not only requires teamwork and good coordination, but also skills and tactics.you can't come in and spam 1111111 or 123 anymore. raids can take a lot of time too.then there are little gizmos that you have to do achieves for. they could eat your stacks of bloodstone or other overflow mats.some gizmos can also grant you free item(s) each day.

my goal is kinda involving fashion wars. i save up and spend on some unique skins.legendaries are too pricey for me. i don't want to grind for the mats. i also roll on different toons and can't find a weapon set most of them use yet.i just casually play through stuff and add a few collections to work on here and there.make sure to go into your hero panel, under achievements tab, and start playing around. there are a ton of achieves there.

I personally like to go for character progression. So in that sense i would say buy a few more character slots and make/level up the professions you do not have yet. You can also go for the all the crafting disciplines. Surely an investment at start, but they do pay out later down the road. Tho you might want to skip scribing. Next could be to explore all corners of the game for map completion: Pve PvP and WvW. Finishing the competitive playground is kinda pointless but i did get satisfaction out of it. Perhaps explore all dungeon paths too. Can go for maximizing your main character too. All legendary equipments, attributed infusion. Maybe QoL upgrades such as: infinite harvesting tools, max amount of inventory bags, shared slots, infinite salvage kit(s). These on themselves already take quite some time, so its nice to progress towards it on the long run. If that does not drive you, maybe getting all achievements might. Plenty of stuff to go for really. Just "point and shoot"

@Ulion.5476 said:For me its fashion and legendaries. You can slowly upgrade your bags to 24-28slot (32slot bags are to expensive) or get 10 bag slots. You can do some of the rare collections. They give you titles and unique items like mawdrey, ascended backslots and titles.

Fashion Wars 2 B3

Past level 80, there is no specific goals the game demands of you to keep playing. So its largely up to the kind of things you like doing or working for. Most people veer toward legendary collections, because their both a tangible item, and a prestige skin with the least convoluted acquisition requirements. Ironically there are skins with higher prestige value, mostly due to being Drop-only and incredibly rare (like invisible shoes).

I find this to be the primary break down of player motivations for this game.... with some overlaps of course.

Busy Bodies - Players who have no real plan, but insist on having some short or medium term goal to be working on. Long term goals end up being frustrating due to lack of visible progress, or large hurdles caused by too many sub-goals. I tend to lump "progression" people in this, because they tend to dislike the spotty feed back loop of longer projects in this game.Achievement Hunters- Typically the complitionist types, who like to clear out the achievement panel, so long as the task list doesn't run afoul of their personal limits. (Like not spending 1000g to get the "I'm Rich, you know" title.Project Managers- The one group that actually uses the term "Goal" in the most reasonable sense, they like long term objectives, and will plan, pre-plan, and research, to find the most acceptable approach to their goals.Rock Stars- Want to be recognized for their greatness, and will take many forms based on their personal preferences. Unlike Try Hards, most Rock Stars are accomplished in some area of the game, and often gain a following because of it. Can become Toxic if they gain a superiority complex- which is when we relabel them "douche-bags".
Fashion Collectors- Loves playing dress up, and spends most of their time hunting down skins for that purpose.
Bankers- Primarily driven by massing wealth and account value in all its various forms, and are among the few who are capable of resisting gold sinks. TP Flippers fall into this group, and some are disturbingly successful at it.
Try Hards- A cousin of the douche-bags, Try Hards claim accomplishments that usually aren't theirs, and consider themselves experts in a subject when they're barely passable, if not bad at said activity. They're most visible in PvP and WvW, due to both modes relying heavily on communication, which makes them difficult to be isolated from other elements. PUG Raids tend to attract a lot them given the prestigious stigma attached to the game mode, but not being tolerable enough to slot in a regular group.
Explorers- Ranging from casual content tourist to map completionist, Explorers love to poke around everything they can find. They share similarities to achievement hunters in they type of content they go after, but are more motivated by the love for the problem solving aspect of how the system works. These folks tend to pave the way for most other players, as the information they gather is often invaluable for Wiki Articles and forming guides. When extended into buildcraft, they also build and/or refine the meta with each new discovery or shake up.
K-Trains- Blanket term for the casual end of open world players, they spend most of their time participating in, or hosting open world events. They differ from a lot of other categories by being more opportunity driven, rather then seeking a specific type of goal to motivate their activities. While they may work on various other projects, they'll usually discover them by chance, or incidentally while doing something else (hence, opportunity driven).

I think I'm missing another category, but I can't recall it off the top of my head......

Anyway..... I would NOT recommend trying to be "firmly planted" in this game, as it lacks the liner progression models used by most MMOs to force investment. This game is in a really good position to easily disengage and reengage at will; so I highly recommend you take advantage of that to avoid burn out. Right now this is my main MMO, but mostly because I'm extremely pick about the game play models I get into. I'm also hyper aware of reward systems (and its various pitfalls), which makes the current landscape for major titles look like a mine field to me..... and with the bad blood boiling over due to several high profile games and loot boxes, a lot of gamers are having trouble finding games they can comfortably get behind, without feeling shafted after launch. Most of my upcoming games of interest are tied up in the Kickstarter space..... but not a lot of people can participate in that ecosystem without feeling anxious about its inherent uncertainty.

Since Living Story Season 4 is coming up, I'd suggest shifting your focus toward that while its popular, and then taking a break before the next expansion. I know it sounds odd at first, since most people are keen on living the "One game" life style... but its not healthy for your mind, or for your enjoyment of this game. I've been playing GW2 on and off since launch, but had been stuck in this cycle longer then normal because of a lack of other games that interest me this season. I was almost ready to walk away from the game for good over frustration with Raids and the Legendary armor, but after backing off from that and going the WvW route, I'm starting to feel sane again.

Archived