Bloody unfair in Malchor's leap

Unyque.6189

Sorry but this has to be said. Did the devs think about the repercussions associated with low population maps? Even when the map was well populated this was a problem. Why would you drop a Champion Risen Knight on top of a hero challenge. Namely the Statue of Dwayna. Not only can you not finish the challenge, which is a simple commune, solo but you cannot get any help because there is nobody there to help.

I know it sounds petty, but the issue has been there for some time. Most players I talk to about it simply ignore it and move on once they have a character that has finished the map for the completion title. I try to play all maps to completion but have only succeeded once in clearing this map and it is always right here where I get stranded. Please move this champion.

People farm Elder Wood in malchor's leap, can't you just use map chat and ask someone for help? There's always someone there. If they're willing to help is another thing, but Malchor's leap is far from deserted. It's not optimal, sure, but i always see people there. Try going there right after server reset, when the Elder wood nodes reset and shout in map chat. Someone will be there for sure and you might get help.

Good luck!

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Redfeather.6401 said:If it's a commune HP you use a stealth kit. Some guy in charr lands sells it.

edit: This thing.

Oh, had i known sooner lol. I completed the map 100% but this will be useful for my alts, thank you! :smile:

It does make me wonder how many other goodies are hidden among all the heart-vendors in the game. Shame that most of it is junk.

@Ellisande.5218 said:

@CharterforGw.3149 said:it was the end game maps, you weren't supposed to get everything that easily, they just never adjusted it

And that's why people stopped playing. Cause the end game maps weren't any fun to play on.

I loved the Orr maps BEFORE they nerfed them, but apparently I was in the minority, everyone was complaining about all the KD's, pulls, etc., etc., but I thoroughly enjoyed it...then they nerfed it and I could run from one end of each map to the other without engaging or fighting any enemies...boring.

@Dashiva.6149 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Redfeather.6401 said:If it's a commune HP you use a stealth kit. Some guy in charr lands sells it.

Oh, had i known sooner lol. I completed the map 100% but this will be useful for my alts, thank you! :smile:

It does make me wonder how many other goodies are hidden among all the heart-vendors in the game. Shame that most of it is junk.

I know right? I think i talked to most of the heart vendors i did, and maybe i even saw the spy kit, but most of the items they sell are either useless random greens and blues way below your level or some random tonic items or stuff like that so i just scrolled once to see what they offer and dismissed it entirely.

@Dashiva.6149 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

I think dulfy has a page on the various ones that can be useful. One of them is the stealth gun you can buy from malchor's leap after an event, it gives a targeted leap and stealth when you land. There is also a portal gun in timberline falls.

That Champ Knight was probably the first Champion I chose to really focus on figuring out a way to solo, and it is possible. The primary thing you have to avoid at all costs is the strafing he does which leaves you with something-billion stacks of burning and is pretty much guaranteed death. His secondary attack hits hard but has a different "telegraph" to it, and some classes, depending on armor, can take that hit straight on without a problem. Additionally, when he goes invulnerable is a time at which you can rest, use a heal, or whatever.I know it doesn't make it easier to do it on the class you are trying to get world completion on, but if you are interested in killing him on your own as a matter of revenge, I'd suggest learning with a Longbow Ranger (other weapon your choice), a Longbow/Staff Druid, Minion Necromancer, or Staff/wells reaper.Pull him towards the idol to the west of where the hero point is. He won't go up onto the flat area, but the sloped section just before that is open enough without too many obstacles.Stay at range, and learn to manage your evades. You can only dodge so many times, and you want to make sure that you have one available at all times to get out of his strafing attack line.Lastly, learn to swap to a non-projectile weapon when he goes invulnerable, so you don't just damage yourself while he's got his shield up.

Takes practice, and is time consuming, but it is possible.

Also: I highly suggest that if someone comes along to help you out that you do not attempt to rez them from a downed state unless he has just finished his strafing attack and is due to shield himself. Doing otherwise is a good way to see just how high the stacks of burning can go.

@Neural.1824 said:That Champ Knight was probably the first Champion I chose to really focus on figuring out a way to solo, and it is possible. The primary thing you have to avoid at all costs is the strafing he does which leaves you with something-billion stacks of burning and is pretty much guaranteed death. His secondary attack hits hard but has a different "telegraph" to it, and some classes, depending on armor, can take that hit straight on without a problem. Additionally, when he goes invulnerable is a time at which you can rest, use a heal, or whatever.I know it doesn't make it easier to do it on the class you are trying to get world completion on, but if you are interested in killing him on your own as a matter of revenge, I'd suggest learning with a Longbow Ranger (other weapon your choice), a Longbow/Staff Druid, Minion Necromancer, or Staff/wells reaper.Pull him towards the idol to the west of where the hero point is. He won't go up onto the flat area, but the sloped section just before that is open enough without too many obstacles.Stay at range, and learn to manage your evades. You can only dodge so many times, and you want to make sure that you have one available at all times to get out of his strafing attack line.Lastly, learn to swap to a non-projectile weapon when he goes invulnerable, so you don't just damage yourself while he's got his shield up.

Takes practice, and is time consuming, but it is possible.

Also: I highly suggest that if someone comes along to help you out that you do not attempt to rez them from a downed state unless he has just finished his strafing attack and is due to shield himself. Doing otherwise is a good way to see just how high the stacks of burning can go.

Risen Knight in Malchor's Leap is the first Champion I learned to solo too.I kill it pretty much every time I pass there and he's up. Which isn't very often anymore.

@Narrrz.7532 said:never understood why that mob was converted to a champ in the first place...

It was always a champion.

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Narrrz.7532 said:never understood why that mob was converted to a champ in the first place...

It was a vet at first, then ANet said something about how it (and several others) were supposed to have been champs all along. I remember right after they changed it getting the Rich Mithril Node that was commonly under one of the ruins there. As had happened many times before, the Knight appeared above me. As had also happened many times before, I ignored it, "knowing" my toughness/high health pool (necro in soldier's) would allow me to finish and run away. Not that time. When in a confined space, the strafe attack dropped all of it's circles in one spot. A character with 28k health and `3K armor went from full to down in about a second.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

It was a vet at first, then ANet said something about how it (and several others) were supposed to have been champs all along. I remember right after they changed it getting the Rich Mithril Node that was commonly under one of the ruins there. As had happened many times before, the Knight appeared above me. As had also happened many times before, I ignored it, "knowing" my toughness/high health pool (necro in soldier's) would allow me to finish and run away. Not that time. When in a confined space, the strafe attack dropped all of it's circles in one spot. A character with 28k health and `3K armor went from full to down in about a second.

For real?Oh well. The last few months I played in 2012 were pretty bad to me and I seem to often confuse things from then and when I came back in 2014.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Ellisande.5218 said:

@CharterforGw.3149 said:it was the end game maps, you weren't supposed to get everything that easily, they just never adjusted it

And that's why people stopped playing. Cause the end game maps weren't any fun to play on.

I loved the Orr maps BEFORE they nerfed them, but apparently I was in the minority, everyone was complaining about all the KD's, pulls, etc., etc., but I thoroughly enjoyed it...then they nerfed it and I could run from one end of each map to the other without engaging or fighting any enemies...boring.

Agreed.

Still some of my favored maps, for the aesthetic elements, but a shadow of what they once were.

I am surprised that you don't get help if you ask for it, because this area remains nicely crowded thanks to the elder wood farming, and my experience is that if someone ask for help at anything, there are always several players responding. I saw that happening again just 2 days ago.

However, thanks to several of the above posts, you now have solutions. My own way has been - depending on the toon I had - to stealth or call for others to fight the champ. Good luck.

Regarding getting help: Part of the struggle to solo him from start to end was people would come along and help. After the mega server was introduced, I finally was able to spend an hour one night clicking "later" until the instance I was in was relatively unpopulated.

I also think that his strafing could use some tweaking. When he gets a full run, it is a fine mechanic, but if he gets stuck on a rock and drops all the marks in one location, it gets a little silly. :)

@Neural.1824 said:Regarding getting help: Part of the struggle to solo him from start to end was people would come along and help. After the mega server was introduced, I finally was able to spend an hour one night clicking "later" until the instance I was in was relatively unpopulated.

I also think that his strafing could use some tweaking. When he gets a full run, it is a fine mechanic, but if he gets stuck on a rock and drops all the marks in one location, it gets a little silly. :)

It's the pay back for the FGS abuses that happened years ago

Archived