Revenant in PvP

Wishes.3021

Power Herald was the only rev build that was somewhat useful in ranked PvP and now they removed equilibrium, a key trait in rev gameplay, and replaced it with some garbage trait. For some odd reason (maybe picked it from a hat?) randomly reworked sword to make it a worse version of axe when the only thing that should have been looked at reworking was renegade, which got effectively zero attention and will never see the light of day in PvP. There is zero reason to play rev anymore when something like holosmith exists, so I guess Revenant is completely dead now if it wasn't already since PoF. Does this class actually get used in other parts of the game? Will a dev please explain yourself

Look up bryvanant on twitch. Dude's a sick rev. Rev isn't dead. It's a matter of l2p since performing well as a rev requires a high skill ceiling. More so in these dark times where scourge and mirage run rampant. Also have you seen the new build will 25 might 100% uptime? You take that trait that gives might on fury instead of the new equilibrium. It's pretty insane.

The changes definitely made me adjust my play style but the changes to Burst are offset by consistency, and the OH Sword makes up the burst lost but lose some survivability without the block on Sw4. The Equilibrium removal hurts but Charged Mists is a good Contender to choose between Roiling Mists now when before Roiling Mists was mandatory if taking Invo. It sucks that they completely neglected Rev glaring flaws against condi

@Les.4872 said:Look up bryvanant on twitch. Dude's a sick rev. Rev isn't dead. It's a matter of l2p since performing well as a rev requires a high skill ceiling. More so in these dark times where scourge and mirage run rampant. Also have you seen the new build will 25 might 100% uptime? You take that trait that gives might on fury instead of the new equilibrium. It's pretty insane.

Sigh... there's always one. Ok dude, here we go1) First of all bryvanant had a support FB babysitting him all the time and he could barely hold his shit alone agaist any class because any kind of pressure and he was in danger.2) Revs already had easy 25 might stack with easy Nefarious Momentum which makes the change to insensed response pointless.3) Revs lost a shit ton of burst potential without equilibrium. The "new equilibrium" aka "Song of the mists" can barely hit for 1k WITH CRIT.4) The changes to sword off hand were necessary yes, but the "new style" they gave to "fix" what they called an identity crisis is the same role that axe off hand performs, but axe has greater range, better CC and is unblockable.5) Without the block on sword off hand core rev has now ONLY staff to save his ass which pretty much killed build diversity to revs, that was almost non existant already.

So, do you want me to continue or thats enough? Because I can go on for days here.

@Halikus.1406 said:

@Les.4872 said:Look up bryvanant on twitch. Dude's a sick rev. Rev isn't dead. It's a matter of l2p since performing well as a rev requires a high skill ceiling. More so in these dark times where scourge and mirage run rampant. Also have you seen the new build will 25 might 100% uptime? You take that trait that gives might on fury instead of the new equilibrium. It's pretty insane.

Sigh... there's always one. Ok dude, here we go1) First of all bryvanant had a support FB babysitting him all the time and he could barely hold his kitten alone agaist any class because any kind of pressure and he was in danger.2) Revs already had easy 25 might stack with easy Nefarious Momentum which makes the change to insensed response pointless.3) Revs lost a kitten ton of burst potential without equilibrium. The "new equilibrium" aka "Song of the mists" can barely hit for 1k WITH CRIT.4) The changes to sword off hand were necessary yes, but the "new style" they gave to "fix" what they called an identity crisis is the same role that axe off hand performs, but axe has greater range, better CC and is unblockable.5) Without the block on sword off hand core rev has now ONLY staff to save his kitten which pretty much killed build diversity to revs, that was almost non existant already.

So, do you want me to continue or thats enough? Because I can go on for days here.

I think you mean Spirit Boon for point 3.

! > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:! > > @Halikus.1406 said:! > > > @Les.4872 said:! > > > Look up bryvanant on twitch. Dude's a sick rev. Rev isn't dead. It's a matter of l2p since performing well as a rev requires a high skill ceiling. More so in these dark times where scourge and mirage run rampant. Also have you seen the new build will 25 might 100% uptime? You take that trait that gives might on fury instead of the new equilibrium. It's pretty insane.! > >! > > Sigh... there's always one. Ok dude, here we go! > > 1) First of all bryvanant had a support FB babysitting him all the time and he could barely hold his kitten alone agaist any class because any kind of pressure and he was in danger.! > > 2) Revs already had easy 25 might stack with easy Nefarious Momentum which makes the change to insensed response pointless.! > > 3) Revs lost a kitten ton of burst potential without equilibrium. The "new equilibrium" aka "Song of the mists" can barely hit for 1k WITH CRIT.! > > 4) The changes to sword off hand were necessary yes, but the "new style" they gave to "fix" what they called an identity crisis is the same role that axe off hand performs, but axe has greater range, better CC and is unblockable.! > > 5) Without the block on sword off hand core rev has now ONLY staff to save his kitten which pretty much killed build diversity to revs, that was almost non existant already.! > >! > > So, do you want me to continue or thats enough? Because I can go on for days here.! >I think you mean Spirit Boon for point 3.

Nope, they swapped places and song of the mists is now a Grand Master trait.

The block was the only thing useful on sword off hand and thats why it was in need of a rework. And since people usually ignore what other say to make their point valid I'll say it again, revs now only has staff as defensive weapon with crazy cds and energy cost still to manage. Shield and axe will be twice as important now but since you dont play rev you woudn't know right? lol

ye it's an l2p issue even though I've been at the top end of PvP for a long time and have never heard of this guy, just checked his twitch and he's got a 53-54% winrate in ranked compared to my 65%.

@Chaith.8256 said:Sword offhand was ridiculed and either Axe or Shield was run 99% of the time in PvP pre-patch, now I'm noticing quite a number of Revs coming out of the woodwork being sad about losing block on Sword4, as if it was the lifeblood of the class :astonished:

As far as Herald goes what Anet says is true, OH sword had an identity crisis because axe had better pressure and shield had better sustain.

Renegade is a different story. It's supposed to be an offensive support-ish spec, right? OH sword was the only core weapon aside from staff that had a block, and now staff is the only defensive weapon core rev (and by extension, renegade) has. Renegade sustain was already absolutely garbage, this won't help at all.

@Halikus.1406 said:

! > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:! > > @Halikus.1406 said:! > > > @Les.4872 said:! > > > Look up bryvanant on twitch. Dude's a sick rev. Rev isn't dead. It's a matter of l2p since performing well as a rev requires a high skill ceiling. More so in these dark times where scourge and mirage run rampant. Also have you seen the new build will 25 might 100% uptime? You take that trait that gives might on fury instead of the new equilibrium. It's pretty insane.! > >! > > Sigh... there's always one. Ok dude, here we go! > > 1) First of all bryvanant had a support FB babysitting him all the time and he could barely hold his kitten alone agaist any class because any kind of pressure and he was in danger.! > > 2) Revs already had easy 25 might stack with easy Nefarious Momentum which makes the change to insensed response pointless.! > > 3) Revs lost a kitten ton of burst potential without equilibrium. The "new equilibrium" aka "Song of the mists" can barely hit for 1k WITH CRIT.! > > 4) The changes to sword off hand were necessary yes, but the "new style" they gave to "fix" what they called an identity crisis is the same role that axe off hand performs, but axe has greater range, better CC and is unblockable.! > > 5) Without the block on sword off hand core rev has now ONLY staff to save his kitten which pretty much killed build diversity to revs, that was almost non existant already.! > >! > > So, do you want me to continue or thats enough? Because I can go on for days here.! >I think you mean Spirit Boon for point 3.

Nope, they swapped places and song of the mists is now a Grand Master trait.

Again I think you Mean Spirit Boon.

Shrouded Mists: This trait has been reworked and renamed Song of the Mists, and it causes invoking a legend to cast a skill based on the legend you are invoking. This trait has swapped positions with Roiling Mists.

Equilibrium: This trait has been reworked and renamed Spirit Boon and grants a legend-specific boon to yourself and nearby allies when you invoke a new legend.

Equilibrium was never GM and the Spirit Boon kept the same spot, Spirit Boon still does Proc Damage but not as much, Song of the Mists was the old Shrouded Mists and only procs Damage on certain legends.

@Halikus.1406 said:@"BlaqueFyre.5678"What I meant was, the new trait that was supposed to "substitute" Equilibrium is a Grand Master trait in the same place as Roiling mists which is the fury 40% bonus.Not to mention that the dmg of Song of the Mists can barely reach 1k.

Equilibrium could crit 3k+ easily..

@Halikus.1406 said:

Sigh... there's always one. Ok dude, here we go1) First of all bryvanant had a support FB babysitting him all the time and he could barely hold his kitten alone agaist any class because any kind of pressure and he was in danger.2) Revs already had easy 25 might stack with easy Nefarious Momentum which makes the change to insensed response pointless.3) Revs lost a kitten ton of burst potential without equilibrium. The "new equilibrium" aka "Song of the mists" can barely hit for 1k WITH CRIT.4) The changes to sword off hand were necessary yes, but the "new style" they gave to "fix" what they called an identity crisis is the same role that axe off hand performs, but axe has greater range, better CC and is unblockable.5) Without the block on sword off hand core rev has now ONLY staff to save his kitten which pretty much killed build diversity to revs, that was almost non existant already.

Yea sure why don't you keep qq-ing for days to come.

1) Bryvanant didn't have a FB babysitting him all the time. It's just good thinking to duo with a FB while you're doing ranked to have a reliable mid presence also 1v1 rev hasn't been a thing since 3 or so seasons ago. Revs are great for +1 scenerios and big mid fights. I don't know why you expect a rev to 1v1 any class these days with the abundance of spellbreakers and mirages.

2) Yea but it's never been as fast as it is now. 5 stacks of might per fury stack which means you can swap out sigil of courage to give room for something else.

3) Maybe they have new sources for burst now? (:thinking: sword 4 -> sword 5 :thinking:)

4) That doesn't make axe better than sword. It just supports a different playstyle. cc and long unblockable shadowstep or immob and short shadowstep into big attack. Offhand sword just supports an even more aggressive playstyle than axe.

5) Oh yea cause axe offhand had a block to totes save the rev in dire times. And what do you want to use instead of staff? a hammer? "build diversity."

qq more pls. it hasn't even been a day yet. I expect you to go on for at least a month.

Stuff like this is annoying. No because someone with twtich skills better then 99% of players is doing well on something doesn't make it good. Hardly anybody plays Revenant because they aren't good. Your hero would be doing even better on a strong class.

@brannigan.9831 said:

Stuff like this is annoying. No because someone with twtich skills better then 99% of players is doing well on something doesn't make it good. Hardly anybody plays Revenant because they aren't good. Your hero would be doing even better on a strong class.

Ikr remember when Sindrener was the only thief streamer lmao? And everyone be like thief is balanced it's just really high skill ceiling! Then they buffed dagger autos 25%.

@Les.4872 said:

@Halikus.1406 said:

Yea sure why don't you keep qq-ing for days to come.

2) Yea but it's never been as fast as it is now. 5 stacks of might per fury stack which means you can swap out sigil of courage to give room for something else.

sounds like an overkill to me, especially when it converts to weakness no matter how fast you build it, so I went Incensed Response and swapped Nefarious Momentum to Assassin's Presence for now, mb I'm just being dumb tho

@NagiZauth.4502 said:Yup i know him ingame and im apart of the same guild i suggest you watch his twitch for real he is a talented revenant and truly shows what the class is capable of

well, in OP's defense wanna say that he can perform just as good at the very least in my opinion, so it's probably not a l2p issue.

PowerYou can sacrifice shield for off-hand sword for mobility and stronger 1v1 damage, but the net burst damage has gone down by a factor of 1 equilibrium. The extra might is nice, but getting to 25 might wasn't impossible before.

CondiBit of a nerf to mace. It was already not great, scourge made it harder and it's worse now. Do not recommend, but is still doable.

RenegadeThe change to sword was where this sucks, cause there's less defense. Don't take renegade unless you're really bold (like I am).

You can still use it in solo/duo queue and win games, especially since people don't seem to want to target revs. Scourge are still terrible to deal with, but honestly off-hand sword helps a lot. I won't be blown away if it struggles to find a place in tourny play because of Scourge countering revs and rev contending for a spot with holosmith and spellbreaker.

I have really no idea why they thought trashing Equlibrium was a good idea, Rev was already in a tough spot with all the CC and Condi Apply, but could still do allrightish with strong support and flawless gameplay and then it gets nerfed further. It just doesn't make sense.

And btw, just because you can still do alright by being very skilled against players who would usually be 200+ MMR lower, it doesn't mean that the class is fine or that it's a "l2p issue". Once you run into people with a similar skill level, those balance issues will decide the outcome. I've known Wishes from Ranked Play for quite a while now and I'm pretty sure 99% of the shitposters here have more "l2p issues" than him...

Its definitely not a l2p issue here. Wishes has been a decent Rev for some time, im surprised you havent heard of him tbh. Equi was the most defining trait for power rev and anet decided to nerf it. Like falan said, rev alrdy had a hard time with all the condis, so most revs were expecting at least some buffs, either dmg on weapons or better condi removal along with bug fixes.

Archived