[Suggestion] Racial mounts

Dantert.1803

I have considered racial mount skins for a while now, either as a single mount pack (with each race getting one mount) or as complete mount packs for each race. Some ideas:Raptor - something like a slender, quick packheart thing, a plant-mare if you will ;) (sylvari of course)Springer - Asura Golem with rocket jump, ideally one to climb intoSkimmer - Charrcopter-like hovercraft with impellers in the wingsJackal - Watchknight horse (the human contribution to this)Griffon - Norn raven spirit (ghostly wereraven form surrounding the character)

Racial mounts are interesting. I think they are also a candidate for in-game reward.

For example:Once an account has unlocked every single racial weapon and armor skin for a particular race, a set of mount skins for that race becomes available at the racial equipment vendors. I also think those skins should only be usable by that race, much like armor.Just one idea, there are countless ways it could be implemented, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Giving this thread a little bit of a necrotic bump, because I had just now thought that mount skins themed to the races would be awesome, and didn't want to start another one... Of course I like the idea of them being achievement rewards, and I'm sure it would mend a few fences, but I'll admit I'd pay also. I'm sure they see the potential in it, so I hope it's something in the works crosses fingers

• 2 months later...

I guess this is the right thread to post this in even though it is an old one.

I have been thinking about racial mounts and I guess you could do the same with gliders.

I was thinking it would be great to have a special racial questline in which you create a set of racial mounts for Charr I was thinking of something robotic like the Charr cars, the machined weapons and the Charr anniversary back. Asura of course gollem mounts, Sylvari would be plantlike like the fernhounds, Norn could be something with the spirits of the wilds and for humans I have no idea right now. But I think it would be awesome to be able to craft get your own mount through a quest in game and not from the gemstore and I think racial mountskins would be a nice one.

@Zionka.6897 said:Giving this thread a little bit of a necrotic bump, because I had just now thought that mount skins themed to the races would be awesome, and didn't want to start another one... Of course I like the idea of them being achievement rewards, and I'm sure it would mend a few fences, but I'll admit I'd pay also. I'm sure they see the potential in it, so I hope it's something in the works crosses fingers

Good points. Now that ANet has released one 2000-gem skin per mount, it would be nice to see them go in a different direction with mounts, and achievement rewards would be a great start.

Archived