Reaper and necro suggestions

Yannir.4132

So while I'm not overly worried about the shroud "nerfs", as I was already using a flash shroud build, I do have a few gripes. Mainly my issue with power Reaper currently is that it doesn't have enough defense in any one line, and the damage is also underwhelming without Spite. Optimally I would pick Blood Magic, Spite, Soul Reaping AND Reaper but as that's not possible, Blood Magic has more potential than Soul Reaping. What it lacks is a self-sustaining option, and what necro generally lacks, sufficient condi clearing. Suggestions follow.

Blighter's BoonI don't know if this was neglected unintentionally or not, but it is now significantly weaker than before with how much shorter a time you have to utilize it now.I suggest increasing the health gain in RS per boon by 100%.Or make it so that you always gain both Life Force and health, regardless of if you're in RS or not.

Deathly ChillHonestly I don't know if this trait has a place in Reaper anymore. While I enjoy it for Open World, anything high end like PvP or raids make it feel rather useless.I don't have a suggestion, I just want to iterate my opinion that this trait should go away. What do you guys think, and what do you think should replace it?

Unholy MartyrNeither the old trait or the new one are good enough. What's the point of gaining LF when your shroud goes on cooldown at that same second?So remove the LF generation, and rather make the trait give health and/or LF every few seconds per condition on you at any given time.For example like this: Gain health every second for each unique condition on you. Health gain 35 hp/s per condition, doubled with 1000 Healing Power.You are likely to only have a maximum of 9 conditions for any prolonged periods of time, as Taunt, Fear and Immobilize are short-lived condis and blind will be removed the first time you try to hit something. This amount of health regen won't completely nullify any single condition from a condi class but it'll keep you in the fight for longer.Not sure how strong this would be for Scourge but Reaper would probably benefit more from it.

That's it for now! Let me know your thoughts.If you want to cry, go somewhere else. I got enough salt.

(Only considering PvP here.)

@Yannir.4132 said:So while I'm not overly worried about the shroud "nerfs", as I was already using a flash shroud build, I do have a few gripes.My first gripe is that because of some players with Parkinson, I have to stay 1 sec in shroud, losing at least 5% (could be 10% with lag or stacked fractions of a second) when I just want to flash it. A global UI option to do that for any kind of "kit" would have been much better. But no, it's forced down my throat, and it costs me dearly. >_<

Mainly my issue with power Reaper currently is that it doesn't have enough defense in any one line, and the damage is also underwhelming without Spite. Optimally I would pick Blood Magic, Spite, Soul Reaping AND Reaper but as that's not possible, Blood Magic has more potential than Soul Reaping.I feel that Spite is now much less desirable. When we enter shroud it's not to spam 1 and get those might stacks (and tiny heals via Blighter's Boon) anymore; it's to hit meaningful skills. And blood magic is now pretty much mandatory if we want to live long enough to achieve anything in that sea of invuln/stealth/blocks...

Anyway, overall, I think everyone agrees that if they start to get rid of shroud as a mean to soak up damage, they should really compensate with other kind of mitigation or active defense.

Unholy MartyrNeither the old trait or the new one are good enough. What's the point of gaining LF when your shroud goes on cooldown at that same second?I like it, but it's competing with better choices (wells for reaper, res/heal for support scourge). It would be better as a master trait.By the way, it's funny they decided to rework a GM trait in Blood Magic when Death Magic is in dire need of a complete overhaul. But I guess they lacked time to do so.

@Ara.4569 said:(Only considering PvP here.)

@Yannir.4132 said:So while I'm not overly worried about the shroud "nerfs", as I was already using a flash shroud build, I do have a few gripes.My first gripe is that because of some players with Parkinson, I have to stay 1 sec in shroud, losing at least 5% (could be 10% with lag or stacked fractions of a second) when I just want to flash it. A global UI option to do that for any kind of "kit" would have been much better. But no, it's forced down my throat, and it costs me dearly. >_<

Mainly my issue with power Reaper currently is that it doesn't have enough defense in any one line, and the damage is also underwhelming without Spite. Optimally I would pick Blood Magic, Spite, Soul Reaping AND Reaper but as that's not possible, Blood Magic has more potential than Soul Reaping.I feel that Spite is now much less desirable. When we enter shroud it's not to spam 1 and get those might stacks (and tiny heals via Blighter's Boon) anymore; it's to hit meaningful skills. And blood magic is now pretty much mandatory if we want to live long enough to achieve anything in that sea of invuln/stealth/blocks...

Anyway, overall, I think everyone agrees that if they start to get rid of shroud as a mean to soak up damage, they should really compensate with other kind of mitigation or active defense.

Unholy MartyrNeither the old trait or the new one are good enough. What's the point of gaining LF when your shroud goes on cooldown at that same second?I like it, but it's competing with better choices (wells for reaper, res/heal for support scourge). It would be better as a master trait.By the way, it's funny they decided to rework a GM trait in Blood Magic when Death Magic is in dire need of a complete overhaul. But I guess they lacked time to do so.

It really is unfortunate that you have to live with this chronic illness, how ever with that said you should probably be playing Reaper with Blood and Death Magic, maybe even toughness gear because the truth is they didn't have people with bad reflexes in mind when they designed this game. I've learned to accept that the only class I'm able to play on is Necro with my crap reflexes, i was born with a mild case of Cerebral Palsy.

Archived