My thoughts on the new que system

Nova.3817

The change to not allow players to duo que after a certain point has a pretty large flaw in my eyes....

during the offseason i rarely play Spvp (even tho its my most enjoyable game mode the rewards aren't there and bc of that i don't feel like it's worth the time to play and the enjoyment does not offset the loss of progression or the feeling thereof)

therefor i mostly que and quite frankly even play during the official season (when pip rewards become a thing) bc this makes the rewards of SPVP good enough so that i feel like i'm progressing towards getting more shiny stuff...(ultimately why i play a MMO)

When i play spvp I always prefer to play with friends not bc i feel this gives me some sort of advantage against the other team or bc i'm trying to get every edge i can to get wins via duo vs solo. Playing with friends yields a better exp talking strats on how we can win or just generally trolling people. (solo que gets boring very fast) In summary its just nice to have someone in coms to conversate with while queuing...

now i don't really care about the leaderboards i also think the badges awarded to players who are in plat aren't very prestigious hell even legendary to me doesn't really do it for me since almost every other game mode (wvw and pve) you can just turn off from seeing it....

Sooo what's my point??? well normally thru the course of a season my rating typically sits just below legendary (50-75 points below) but since i cant duo Q at that point anymore i doubt i will climb that high....not bc i need a duo to do so trust me i don't but bc i want to duo....so i will jump on one of my weaker classes once i get close to the 1600 threshold that cuts me off from friends ( obviously dragging down anyone queued on my team) now i definitely won't ever throw a game but i can tell you my skill with other classes outside my main is less than desirable at 1600 rating (yea its that big a gap)....

and i refuse to believe other players won't do something simular to this just to keep the ability to duo queue...

then end result will be cancer around the 1600 rating for people trying to climb out of that zone for people who care to climb anyhow.... i guess one solution is to just get rid of duo que all together but that doesn't feel like a real answer either since myself included would pretty much leave pvp and possibly the game altogether if that were to happen.... just my observation and thoughts on the new queue changes

@Bossun.2046 said:That is throwing.

playing a alt class is throwing?

throwing is going in with the intention to lose make no mistake while i play my offclass i will try my best to win.... but i know my ability on other classes i will not be anywhere close to consistent as with necro even i f i stayed on necro i would play something like reaper (which its not like its bad hell it just got buffed but it isnt meta) and its nowhere close to as good a scourge.

@Morwath.9817 said:Entire idea of having 'main' is silly. It's like LoL players would only play one champion, when you need to play multiple positions with random people...

that may be true but i have over 6k games on necro or something like that and less then 1.5k with all other classes combined so take from that what you will lol

@Nova.3817 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:Entire idea of having 'main' is silly. It's like LoL players would only play one champion, when you need to play multiple positions with random people...

that may be true but i have over 6k games on necro or something like that and less then 1.5k with all other classes combined so take from that what you will lol

...and I've played 0 games as Firebrand before yday before I went with it into Ranked, is that any issue?

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Nova.3817 said:

...and I've played 0 games as Firebrand before yday before I went with it into Ranked, is that any issue?

not at all..... kinda my point tho is that you would pull out one of these build (one of which you have little exp on) to keep your rating below 1600 for the sake of being able to duo with friends (all in the name of games are more fun with friends) trust me i have no qualms with you playing a class you know less about in ranked lol my point is i think a lot of players will do this around the 1600 rating and so if you're trying to climb out of that rating it will be terrible this is a observation i have.....since i'd prefer to keep playing with friends this won't really have a negative impact on me

@Nova.3817 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Nova.3817 said:

not at all..... kinda my point tho is that you would pull out one of these build (one of which you have little exp on) to keep your rating below 1600 for the sake of being able to duo with friends (all in the name of games are more fun with friends) trust me i have no qualms with you playing a class you know less about in ranked lol my point is i think a lot of players will do this around the 1600 rating and so if you're trying to climb out of that rating it will be terrible this is a observation i have not that it will effect me.

Ooo, Quaggan just wanted to say, Quaggan has no issues with you playing something else than your "main", as long as you do your best and don't throw Quaggan games.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Nova.3817 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Nova.3817 said:

not at all..... kinda my point tho is that you would pull out one of these build (one of which you have little exp on) to keep your rating below 1600 for the sake of being able to duo with friends (all in the name of games are more fun with friends) trust me i have no qualms with you playing a class you know less about in ranked lol my point is i think a lot of players will do this around the 1600 rating and so if you're trying to climb out of that rating it will be terrible this is a observation i have not that it will effect me.

Ooo, Quaggan just wanted to say, Quaggan has no issues with you playing something else than your "main", as long as you do your best and don't throw Quaggan games.

most def not my goal is to farm pips more then anything else so id just prefer to do so with friends lol

Your reward for being a good player is the ability to only play alone. Woo-woo!

My friend and I were going to go for plat together this season, but I guess we'll be sticking with gold. If one of us accidentally gets to plat, we'll just have to throw a few matches. I guess that is the kind of thing anet wants for people who don't like playing alone. . .get too high, and you have to make your team lose on purpose to demote your rank.

Aside from that, it seems very bizarre that in a team-based game players can't organize their teams.

If you need shinys n rewards to do ranked pvp in any meaningful way for your self then ranked pvp is NOT for you. All i care about is the ladder and how high i can climb on it. Not the rewards, not the shinys, not the felling of progression. Im in it for the out right fun of competition and gameplay the pvp provides. If you need to have the feeling of new shinys rewards and toon prgression how about not pvping at all? Your mentallity just seema toxic to the idea of competitive/ranked pvp.

The enitre idea of duo q is dissapointing. This is a team based game not allowing 5 man q is bad enough but a 2 man q is almost worthless. I was hoping theyll allow at lwast 3 man q this season but then again anet is the king of dissapoint in my life atm.

@Aplethoraof.2643 said:Your reward for being a good player is the ability to only play alone. Woo-woo!

My friend and I were going to go for plat together this season, but I guess we'll be sticking with gold. If one of us accidentally gets to plat, we'll just have to throw a few matches. I guess that is the kind of thing anet wants for people who don't like playing alone. . .get too high, and you have to make your team lose on purpose to demote your rank.

Aside from that, it seems very bizarre that in a team-based game players can't organize their teams.

Fooo, Quaggan thinks if people like you will keep throwing, they will disable duos even at bronze.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Aplethoraof.2643 said:Your reward for being a good player is the ability to only play alone. Woo-woo!

Fooo, Quaggan thinks if people like you will keep throwing, they will disable duos even at bronze.

Some people have to be very special to think banning duo will be positive for the game at any given rating. As someone who played a lot of RA (soloQ) in GW1 I know that syncing is inevitable for one reason or the other. There were even entire guilds made for people syncing after Anet took away Team Arenas - history just keeps repeating itself because Anet refuses to learn.

Imagine you and a friend que up at the same time to get into the same team - but end up on opposite sides. Almost certainly you two will decide who needs the rating more than the other, even if your original goal was not to wintrade.

Banning duo will just make matchmanipulation seep into lower ranks.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

Some people have to be very special to think banning duo will be positive for the game at any given rating. As someone who played a lot of RA (soloQ) in GW1 I know that syncing is inevitable for one reason or the other. There were even entire guilds made for people syncing after Anet took away Team Arenas - history just keeps repeating itself because Anet refuses to learn.

Imagine you and a friend que up at the same time to get into the same team - but end up on opposite sides. Almost certainly you two will decide who needs the rating more than the other, even if your original goal was not to wintrade.

Quaggan would just ban match manipulators, so they would have to buy expansions once again. Match manipulating is against ToS as far as Quaggan remembers.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:If you need shinys n rewards to do ranked pvp in any meaningful way for your self then ranked pvp is NOT for you. All i care about is the ladder and how high i can climb on it. Not the rewards, not the shinys, not the felling of progression. Im in it for the out right fun of competition and gameplay the pvp provides. If you need to have the feeling of new shinys rewards and toon prgression how about not pvping at all? Your mentallity just seema toxic to the idea of competitive/ranked pvp.

The enitre idea of duo q is dissapointing. This is a team based game not allowing 5 man q is bad enough but a 2 man q is almost worthless. I was hoping theyll allow at lwast 3 man q this season but then again anet is the king of dissapoint in my life atm.

who are you to tell me ranked PVP is not for me? this is the mode they tied all the rewards 2 yes? if you think i shouldn't be in que bc im in it for fun and not for the competitiveness then how about you start a thread campaigning for pip rewards in unranked and ill back you 100% and ill never que ranked again.

as i said earlier pvp is by far my most enjoyable game mode and i am by nature a competitive player and will always try to win.....however i also want to play with friends and WILL play a lesser class on purpose so as to keep my rating in line with the new rules...... and also agree with smurf that if they banned duo altogether that people would just start syncing and win trading even creating more toxic game mode.....heres a fix make unranked team que ranked mode and walah even have separate leaderboards EZPZ

@Morwath.9817 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

Quaggan would just ban match manipulators, so they would have to buy expansions once again. Match manipulating is against ToS as far as Quaggan remembers.

the issue my small pink Quaggan friend is that other players aren't as dumb as Quaggan would like them to be and they wouldn't necessarily AFK in spawn but could still easily manipulate outcomes by either making bad plays (but plays nonetheless or even playing dumb builds like MM necro lol) hard to say if its match manipulation bc there is literally nothing anet could do about someone wanting to play MM or playing into hard counters.....it would be impossible to police that for anet even now someone can get reported a million times and nothing ever happens lol .02

@Nova.3817 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:If you need shinys n rewards to do ranked pvp in any meaningful way for your self then ranked pvp is NOT for you. All i care about is the ladder and how high i can climb on it. Not the rewards, not the shinys, not the felling of progression. Im in it for the out right fun of competition and gameplay the pvp provides. If you need to have the feeling of new shinys rewards and toon prgression how about not pvping at all? Your mentallity just seema toxic to the idea of competitive/ranked pvp.

who are you to tell me ranked PVP is not for me? this is the mode they tied all the rewards 2 yes? if you think i shouldn't be in que bc im in it for fun and not for the competitiveness then how about you start a thread campaigning for pip rewards in unranked and ill back you 100% and ill never que ranked again.

as i said earlier pvp is by far my most enjoyable game mode and i am by nature a competitive player and will always try to win.....however i also want to play with friends and WILL play a lesser class on purpose so as to keep my rating in line with the new rules...... and also agree with smurf that if they banned duo altogether that people would just start syncing and win trading even creating more toxic game mode.....heres a fix make unranked team que ranked mode and walah even have separate leaderboards EZPZ

Quaggan believes you don't have to touch unranked, there should be two Ranked ques, with one que button. Just players who que solo should be thrown into other bag than 2,3 & 5. You shouldn't be able to que as 4.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Nova.3817 said:

Quaggan believes you don't have to touch unranked, there should be two Ranked ques, with one que button. Just players who que solo should be thrown into other bag than 2,3 & 5. You shouldn't be able to que as 4.

and with this i would like to vote for Quaggan as president!

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Im not saying you shouldn't q at all, im just saying qing ranked soly for the rewards is the wrong mentality thats toxic to competitive pvpness

Then do what he said and ask Arena Net to give rewards for unranked... Lots of people only queue in Ranked because of the rewards and not because they care to be a number in some ladderboard. If I could gain my rewards while playing with my friends in Unranked, I would leave your Competitive Enviroment clear off my presence. However, I cannot. Thus, I will queue for Ranked with the sole purpose of farming rewards, I will try to keep my rating below 1600 if I need to be able to play with my friends, and there is nothing you can do about it.

This has inspired me to play things that I'm not all that good with honestly. I don't play Mes or Engi, but I think I might this season, simply because I don't care about my ranking. I don't care about my personal rewards (but I do care about them for others, figure that one out) and I care about playing with friends when I can. If I push for my rank to be on the leader boards I have to give up a few of those things.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Im not saying you shouldn't q at all, im just saying qing ranked soly for the rewards is the wrong mentality thats toxic to competitive pvpness

i Enjoy PVP more so than wvw/pve and i enjoy winning as opposed to losing of course as well! That said i also feel like without both reward systems (pips and reward tracks) there isn't enough reward to play ...(this is even made worse by not being able to que with friends and currently with the meta the way it is there is not enough drive for me to play Spvp for the sake of it..... it was for 4 years+ but not any longer)...i won't lie about it and say i'm not here for the rewards....i most certainly am.... to me its the most enjoyable game mode so as long as i can reap decent rewards then thats what im gonna do.

however i offered a compromise that if they simply put the rewards in unranked then you wouldnt have your casual playerbase mixed with your competitive player base

Sry its all in caps idk why

1 thing i hate in this game is inventory management. It wouldnt bother me in the least bit if they done away with rewards in ranked. Competitiveness is its own reward when you win or lose its fun. You shouldnt need boxes just to enjoy and continually play a game mode you either want to do it or you dont. With the reward system in ranked you get people who just dont care about learning what needs to be done in fights weather its when to cc someone so your team can burst or capture awareeness, or knowing what build/class you shouldnt 1v1 against repeatedly n lose. Yes rewards bring casuals to the ranked scene and help it grow but in the long run they are hurting the competitivness of ranked pvp with there half as s idelology of "o im mainly 75% here for the rewards so losing i dont care." And that what i feel your saying.

Archived