Dear Game Industry

Dear Game Industry,

We want you to make money, but I don't know if you listen to game podcasts or read gaming news, but a large majority of people that adore games and cover games and are in the game industry at large loathe RNG loot boxes.

We all want you to make money. I want all the games I love to make money by the boat load so I can keep playing the gasmes that delight me day after day and year after year but I think that we want you to make money in a way that is more amicable to consumers where we get the thing we want for our hard earned money without the RNG of maybe spending money and not getting the thing we want. <---- Does that seem reasonable? Go back and read it, please.

Thanks for your time.

Don't talk to the game industry. They won't listen, I guarantee it.

Talk to your fellow gamers who allowed this to happen. Your fellow gamers who still bought Shadow of War to such an extent it easily topped Steam's Top-Seller's List despite all the flakk it got for it's loot boxes.

They are focused on the "whales" rather than the average person. There is this weird idea that you can get more money by milking tons of money from a few people than you can by getting a little money from a lot of people. In the short term, I think it's true. In the long run, though? Eventually the whales run out of money or get ticked off, and the money stops flowing. Then the psychological warfare gets ratcheted up and up trying to make new whales, until the games are no longer games. Just psychological marketing tricks that could have been a game if all the game mechanics hadn't been replaced with marketing ploys.

This kind of thinking has already destroyed the mobile game market. Sad to watch it happen to PC gaming too.

Archived