Anet why am i banned?

Hello,

so i am posting on a different account name because the account in question is currently banned for 2 months and cant post on the forums.

here's the brief:tried to log in game tells me im banned for third party programs. Submit a ticket being like uh whats up doc? can you tell me why im banned? GM responds saying they did not make an error my ban is legit. Great i say what do i have to remove so my account doesnt get banned the moment i can log back in in 2 months time? the response , we cant share details of our investigation gets a thing from TOS about third party program useage.

heres my side in a little more detail:Im running a fresh Win10 install as of a day before POF launch, the only programs I have installed on this computer and games, some anti malware, and voice comms. I have not with used program(s) of any kind designed to run along side GW2. I do often have a web browser open, Discord, security software and other programs that run in the background, all of which are legit and not in anyways shape or form designed with intent to mess with GW2. So hearing Im banned and knowing what ive done or even how to fix it for the future is, to say is mildly infuriating to the extent of me shaking with anger and frustration for not knowing what ive done wrong and getting no help from the people telling me ive done wrong to help fix it so i dont repeat the offence in the future.

As you may have guessed i have more than one account, and yes i play them both on the same computer (at different times) this account has not been banned yet and i am very concerned it will be banned in the near future for the same reason and i will still not know why! I am not a techy person so I am asking for information this is what you need to look for to remove, beyond a program on you computer.

thank you for your time, have a better day than me :: P

Editafter further research and with help from forums turns out it was a behavior thing not an actual third party program. I had sent items to between my 2 accounts and thats what flagged me and got me banned. thank you all for your help and input.

there is also this post off reddit a couple days ago https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7ann42/hadi_the_edgemaster_banned_for_use_of_third_party/

and i legit run gw2 as is with no gw launch buddy, or things to tweak graphics, extra key mapping or anything i run gw2 as is. Looking deeper into computer and reddit today im still at a lose for what ive done wrong and finding more people with similar issues. That guys video in the link i got nearly word for word the same response from the GM that responded to my ticket.

They don't reveal why specifically because they don't want people to know how to avoid being detected. ArenaNet only does server-side detection, so chances are their logs show that you did something that isn't possible through normal play. They will also look into player and self submitted evidence. If you didn't do anything, maybe your account was hacked. They will also ban by association, for example, if player1 logs into your account or you into theirs, you're now linked to them and will get banned when they do.

• ArenaNet Staff

This issue has been resolved, according to the OP. The account was suspended for in-game behavior. I am closing the thread.

Please remember that questions about game account issues need to be addressed to the Customer Support Team. Use "Support" at the top of any forum or website page to submit a CS Ticket. Please do not post on the forums about account issues, and no one on this team, and no member of the community, is able to help with the details of your personal account situation. Thanks for understanding.

Archived