@Karl McLain.5604 and Anet devs: I apologize for pinging you so much, but I felt my most recent post was rude. Thieves everywhere are very upset about the change to Unhindered Combatant. This outrage is at the same level as when Steal was changed to only work when the thief had a target. That change was made years ago, and the outrage was such that a patch the following day or earlier, reversed the change, saying it was a "bug." It's quite possible you guys may have to revert the change or tweak it.
However, I have some things I'd like to know first. Communication is VERY important, so don't be afraid. I will not rip you apart. looks at other thief players And no one else will. I cannot speak for all thieves for my questions, feedback, and suggestions, however.
First, I'd like to thank you that Exhaustion does NOT stack upon removing multiple conditions listed on Unhindered Combatant. I greatly appreciate that.
Second, here's my questions:
1) What was the reasoning behind the change to Unhindered Combatant?
2) If it was meant for competitive changes, why do PvE Daredevils have to take the blow, too?
Third, I have some feedback to give about how the change has affected me in PvE. I will say it hasn't made a huge impact on my playstyle. However, during intense battles with plenty of chill/immobilize/cripple mobs, this can be deadly. I have died due to this change and it's making the game less enjoyable. I don't play PvP or WvW unless I need dailies (though, I'm going to need to do lots of PvP/WvW dailies now since I'm making a Legendary), so I don't know the effects there.
Another thing to note, there is also a bug with Daredevil and/or Trickery thieves when dismounting. Three initiative and the third endurance bar is emptied upon dismounting in any way shape or form. I recommend getting someone to fix this bug ASAP as it cripples PvE daredevils and trickery thieves.
Fourth, I have some suggestions for re-tweaking the nerf if it must remain. Remember, Anet's policy is "play the way you want to." I've always interpreted that with "and be successful at it." All builds should be viable, and I know that's probably difficult for the dev team considering all the traitlines, the two elite specs per class of 9 classes. So, here are my suggestions:
1) (Required) Remove Exhaustion from PvE. It's not needed there because PvE has no competitive nature (that is, if Exhaustion was the reason for being added).
2) (Option 1) Exhaustion gives -50% endurance regen instead of -100%. This still debuffs the ability to 'spam' Dash in the competitive areas, and does not punish the Daredevil as much.
3) (Option 2) Add a 4 second Internal Cooldown for the removal of Chilled, Crippled, and Immobilized when using Dash.
4) (Option 3) Unhindered Combatant has a 4 second cooldown entirely, but Dash still happens when dodging.
NOTE: Options 1, 2, and 3 can't all be added/changed together. Please pick one.
I'm no master of balancing, but I implore you to talk to us, communicate with us, and listen to us. Silence creates fear in the players that the devs aren't listening. Fear is a primary emotion, which leads to a secondary emotion: anger. I know you can't make promises and you must word your posts carefully, but at least talk to us.
As for everyone else, pitch in your feedback, too, but keep it civilized, do not flame the devs, and stay calm. Rage is what keeps the devs from talking to us, if we want that communication, we need to calm down.