SPvP Soul Beast Poison Master

terrorshard.3854

Patch got released, and I thought the Vulture Stance change was the best thing we got so I tried to use it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsYVnE8CN8il8CW8Cs8iFKBrJA04yZMRrbWiLf3GcLulcu0A-jZxBQBW4RAAgjAgXKDYxTAgB3fAA

Your defense is your evading. You have a lot of it, save Griffon for emergency evading.

You can get a ton of poison burst from the start with SB2 + vulture stance + merge with smokescale and unblockable smoke assault into knockdown.I think this ends up being close to 19 poison stacks.

The poison sustain is good as well. Sometimes I switch out Griffon depending on the other groups comp.

Open to suggestions. A lot of the time vulture + sb2 is enough to kill someone if they don't cleanse right away.

So your only condi cleanse is the heal?I'd swap griffon for something else, that stance is so bad idk how it will help you in any situation.

also another problem you're way too susceptible to burst damage without signet or any source of protection other than your dodge roll which is only 2s.I like this poison synergy from soulbeast and wilderness survival tho.

@Elxdark.9702 said:So your only condi cleanse is the heal?I'd swap griffon for something else, that stance is so bad idk how it will help you in any situation.

also another problem you're way too susceptible to burst damage without signet or any source of protection other than your dodge roll which is only 2s.I like this poison synergy from soulbeast and wilderness survival tho.

Ikr. I'd pick Moa Stance over griffon any days.

Been trying to make it work, because of Vulture Stance, but there are too many trade offs to do. Yes, you can work around it.

You always want to try and keep a stun breaker, condi removal and an immunity. The problem with Griffon is that it's not a stun breaker. Instead, SoS would be more useful when you get focused. If you don't want to use SoS, maybe try to use the Black Bear, but we know how bad it is outside of BeastMode.

When it comes to condi removal, Bear only is sometime not enough, since you might use it for a simple heal, but then you get stuck with no condi removal... It pushes you to rely on your BMode Jacaranda F2 and F3.

If I was to stay in the spirit of your build, I would trait WK and use Lightning Reflexes (2 condi clear, stun break, back leap and evade) instead of Griffon Stance. Since you're Condi, Entangle (another 2 condi clear) would be better than One Wolf Pack.

The only condi cleanse is heal yes. It is very attritiony. You get in and land the poison burst and get out. If they cleanse it you hit it again. It kills very fast. I swap griffon out for signet of stone and sometimes moa, but moa lacks synergy.

You also have the heal pet for an extra heal and a little condi cleanse. The bear stance does heal 12 conditions now which makes it better. I'm afraid to dial back the poison anywhere or else you lose the burst and it just becomes bad.

@Krispera.5087 said:Been trying to make it work, because of Vulture Stance, but there are too many trade offs to do. Yes, you can work around it.

You always want to try and keep a stun breaker, condi removal and an immunity. The problem with Griffon is that it's not a stun breaker. Instead, SoS would be more useful when you get focused. If you don't want to use SoS, maybe try to use the Black Bear, but we know how bad it is outside of BeastMode.

When it comes to condi removal, Bear only is sometime not enough, since you might use it for a simple heal, but then you get stuck with no condi removal... It pushes you to rely on your BMode Jacaranda F2 and F3.

If I was to stay in the spirit of your build, I would trait WK and use Lightning Reflexes (2 condi clear, stun break, back leap and evade) instead of Griffon Stance. Since you're Condi, Entangle (another 2 condi clear) would be better than One Wolf Pack.

You really need the poison master trait or else the burst just isn't there. Like i said your defense if all your evade Iframes. You have 2 on short cd's with sword, one with dagger, then the one with shortbow. Add in 25% from WS and vigor on evade, and you can eb evading a lot. Throwing in griffon gives you another 2.5 evades, which a lot of the time you are just stalling and letting the poison tick.

@Ackzar.9156 said:The build itself is good fun, and go toe-to-toe in 1v1 match ups, it still gets countered by FotM classes like scurge and Spellbreaker unfortunetly. But it was good fun trying it out!

Thanks! Unfortunately we are lacking the raw numbers and muscle to compete with them. Against scourge you just stay in shortbow and peck at their back. Against spellbreaker, you wait for the FC then put out the burst combo.

Archived