This is silly.

zealex.9410

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@OriOri.8724 said:Its also due to a bug with axe ambush hitting large hitboxes twice according to Pyro. This was not intended.

The bug has been around since PoF release. Weird they didn't fix it with yesterday's patch. I kinda start to think that maybe it is intended behavior of this skill? I don't know.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Aylaine.1036 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:Its also due to a bug with axe ambush hitting large hitboxes twice according to Pyro. This was not intended.

Even if that shaves off 5-6k DPS, this build would still do tons of damage.

So do most DPS builds.

Except, you know, we've never had a DPS build go that high before. The other classes have more or less had one spec that they can break the 30-35k mark with, and now Mesmer has one too. The fact that Mesmers can compete now is something I was not expecting to see from yesterdays patch, bug or not.

@Aylaine.1036 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Aylaine.1036 said:

So do most DPS builds.

Except, you know, we've never had a DPS build go that high before. The other classes have more or less had one spec that they can break the 30-35k mark with, and now Mesmer has one too. The fact that Mesmers can compete now is something I was not expecting to see from yesterdays patch, bug or not.

On cairn and matt this is disgusting it didnt need to be 40k on a static boss too.

@Aylaine.1036 said:

If it shaved off 5-6k DPS it brings it roughly in line with the top DPS builds from other classes.

@bart.3687 said:

The bug has been around since PoF release. Weird they didn't fix it with yesterday's patch. I kinda start to think that maybe it is intended behavior of this skill? I don't know.

Well, Anet fixes bugs that they are aware of and see as a priority. I wasn't even aware of this bug until just a day or two ago, and I stay rather well informed on mesmer mechanics. It's unlikely the skills team even knows that the bug exists yet.

I think I need to put some time in at the dps golem to hit this new high of dps, clearly a very complex interwoven set of skills resulting in what can only be described as artistic flare...I forgot where I was going with that sarcastic rant.

Bet it’s hot fixed by the end of the week.

@vaxjani.9073 said:https://dps.report/RgKk-20171108-213401_cairnThis is balanced. - Anet

Nah it’s fine, the rotation is really hard as you can see by the pleb mesmers not even doing 7k....

! Your sarcasm meter just broke. It’s nice to see a 7 dps group though, wow that was really a fast adaptation to the meta, can’t wait to see the POV from it.

@Cwnannwn.7681 said:It's not more than 7k, the test on small hit boxes only loses 4k.

Also hit boxes taking more hits isn't a bug for mesmer anymore than it is for other professions.

people were saying it also hits twice on small hitbox if you stand inside it .not sure if its true .as for second point , anet did bug fix / nerfed those things on other classes .and they tend to overnerf mes anyway .also 40k+ dps is indeed broken . i would like to keep a properly functioning build with less dps than an op build with bugs .so they don't nerf other dmg source then when they finally fix the bug they forget the nerfs done due to that bug . which happens a lot with gw2 balance and mes

@Solori.6025 said:Would rather this gets fixed fast, I do not want to see Mes get the scourge treatment

This.

I actually really love how people here react (being serious, not sarcastic) to an overtune.

We finally are top dps spot, with a sort of simple rotation, and even though mesmer has never been in this spot people are suddenly concerned with balance as a whole.

I remember a lot of other class forums going:"No it's fine, leave it" etc. to justify their class being totally broken. Let's hope arenanet sees it the same way and does a small numbers tweak (which it is essentially combined with bugfix) to correct the mistake instead of removing the elite from the game.

EDIT: I do kind of wonder how Robert Gee feels about all of this. I mean he must be sitting there going:"What do they want from me? They've been moaning all this time about how terrible their damage is, now their top dps and they still complain. Damned if you do, damned if you don't." We are a fickle mesmer community aren't we B)

Archived