Hall of Monument progress lost?

I just received a mail saying that my Gwamm title was revoked, when I never had it in the first place.Problem is, I lost all the titles and achievement (and achievement points too) for completing my Hall of Monuments, like if I never even started it. I still have the skins tho.The HoM site is not working, so... might be that?

Is it just me?

@"Hawk of Destoria.1067" said:I second this.

However, I DID earn GAWMM and maxed HoM stuff. I got a letter in game about "unearned HoM rewards being revoked."

Please tell me this is a bug

@"Hawk of Destoria.1067" said:I second this.

However, I DID earn GAWMM and maxed HoM stuff. I got a letter in game about "unearned HoM rewards being revoked."

Please tell me this is a bugI earned GWAMM and maxed HoM as well. I have lost the GWAMM title, "Champion of the Gods" title (and lesser titles), the HoM acheivements (and its points), and all the skins (but not the minis).

Edit: https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/ seems to be erroring out when entering any of my GW1 character names as well, saying it is unable to load the character.

Same happened to me. I lost ALL my HoM privileges... Happy to see i'm not the only one. I'm trying to log into guild wars 1 and not able to. So something must have happened server side. Entering one of my chars names in the HoM reward calculator ends with "Error Loading Character. We couldn't load that character, please check your spelling." As if my account doesn't exist anymore.

Edit: Think i still have access to my skins actually. But the achievements i got together with the titles it gave me are gone. Went down 300 in achievement points.

@Jasonbdj.4021 said:Sadly mine is still not fixed, I've created a ticket regarding the issue :(. logged into GW1 etc still nothing at all.....

It can break more than once, because the issue is dynamic: whenever GW2 cannot connect to the relevant GW1 servers, GW2 won't be able to validate HoM scores and whether GWAMM was earned. If that validation fails, the email goes out and the AP/titles are removed. As soon as GW2's servers can connect to the GW1 computers again, the problem resolves itself.

You can always accelerate that process by:

• Closing game & restarting (easiest, but not 100% reliable)
  • Closing GW2 then visiting the the HoM Calculator and looking at the details of any of your characters (very easy, usually successful)
  • Closing GW2 then opening GW1 and starting any character (ideally, entering the HoM and speaking with Kimmes). If GW1 servers are talking to GW2's, this always resolves the issue.

However none of the above will matter if the communication problem is ongoing. This will happen during certain types of maintenance (as we have seen this week), during DDoS attacks, and so on. However, eventually, it will resolve itself. Eventually.

Background

Understandably, people often ask, "why the heck does this keep happening? can't the GWAMM and HoM scores just be permanently stored on the GW2 account?"

I wish that were true and, near as I can tell from the developer posts on the topic, they wish it were true for more reasons. (It also affects their accounts, too, and they have to keep fixing it, dealing with the player frustration.) Some time ago, some code was introduced in the game that wasn't supposed to have anything to do with HoM/GWAMM but had the effect of giving people credit that hadn't earned it. By the time the root cause was discovered, lots of accounts had HoM/50 & GWAMM.

First attempts to resolve it did the obvious: remove credit & achievements from the 'wrong' accounts; re-validate the deserving ones. That effort did not succeed, because it turns out it's a lot harder to remove AP/titles — without affecting accounts in other ways — than it is to add them (there's apparently a cascade of things that change). That didn't stop them from trying, but apparently, there was at least one root issue that prevented this from permanently resolving the issue.

One possible alternative was to ensure that all the deserving accounts remained okay and simply allow some/many non-deserving ones to keep their mistakenly-awarded GWAMM and/or AP. The feedback on the forum was, to my best understanding, overwhelming against the idea.

To expedite a fix, they decided to make the validation dynamic: this way, even if the problem reoccurs (as it has done before), the game can fix it automatically. This trades off annoyance and inconvenience for legit GWAMM players, in exchange for making sure that there never will be any false GWAMMs.

In short: it's the least bad of a bad set of options.

• 1 year later...