Mystic Forge - Let us change stats on ascended backpieces

Hola,

The mystic forge shall be able to let us change the stats on ascended backpieces as some backpieces can only be aquired once via a collection.

I completed the collection for "the wayfarer's henge" on draconis mons and gave it celestial stats to check like an hour later i should have better choosen viper stats.If such happens with an item like mawdrey thats not that problematic as mawdrey can be crafted more than 1 time but the collection backpieces are unique.

So I think either the forge shall be able to change the stats or collections with backpieces shall be repeatable.

I tried now to write to support and asked for a swap of the item but i ofc doubt it will be done. the support will rather be interested in not having effort with players wanting different item stats.

Ill update here when the answer of support arrived...

Greets.

We should be able to stat swap all jewellery in the MF also, rings, necks, earings, it's something that has annoyed me for years, getting rings you will never use cos they have terrible stats, how is that rewarding? when what is supposed to be a reward is more like a slap in the face then someone should have to answer for it.

The origins of trinkets and backpacks were different, so they come in set stats and have the "unique" status. Both might have made sense at some point and explain current restrictions.

But, that was then; this is now. The old system is outdated an inappropriate for the current state of the game.

That said, there are so many ways to acquire backs and trinkets that I'm not sure it's worth much time from ANet to address this, except if they are making other changes to the system and can tinker with this at the same time.

it went really fast. i got a email this evening from support and they wanted me to delete the item. i did and answered them and some minutes later i got a ingame letter with the replaced item and i could choose the stats again and an email from support that they replaced the item.

thats great and fast service so i could thank them back!

There is an option (other than legendary) if you want to swap stats on back items & Jewelry. in Bloodstone fen there is a vendor who sells an amulet, a ring and a back item who's stats can be selected and then reset later. I request was made and responded to for other LS3 vendors' jewelry to be made to reset in a similar fashion that was seen and responded to by ANET (on reddit I think) that they were looking into it, but I never did see anything further from them about that as a possibility. In my opinion this makes the bloodstone jewelry and back items the best in class for ascended gear.

Archived