The Items That NOW Give Elegy Mosaics

• The monster-specific Elegy Mosaics now can be consumed for a single Elegy Mosaic currency.
  • Charged gems for the "Glorify the Golden Heart" collection now give 20 trade contracts when consumed.

It's great that Anet decided to reward more Elegy Mosaics but this method sucks.

1. It would be great, if people didn't finish them ages ago and didn't already delete the items because they were trophies that had no use.
  2. This is not what people asked for when we asked for more elegy mosaics, we asked for a more reliable system that also included every bounty, not just legendary bounties.

It is better than what we had.I'm sorry because I literally deleted mine about 2 days before the change. But then again, 6 months from now, the loss/gain of 8 mosaics will not have made an appreciable difference in my acquisition time or fun. I doubt very much I'll even remember.

So sure, I wish they had set it up this way from the start, but I'm happy that they finally made those elegies worth something for the future.

• 3 weeks later...

@Wizardwolf.7016 said:The thing is they should be more available like winter berries, or unbound magic and other currencies, or give us another avenue like Laurels to buy the Grieve ascended trinkets.

Meh I don't mind it. Lazy as I am, I don't think everything in the game should be able to be acquired just by doing some mindless activity like winterberry farming or sitting on a bunch of free laurels you get just for logging in till you have enough. Some things people should have to put in a little time and effort into to get and if the stats are really as good as people seem to think they are then I guess those that get them will be the ones who pushed for them. Thats just my 2 cents on the issue though.

@Moonlit.6421 said:

@Wizardwolf.7016 said:The thing is they should be more available like winter berries, or unbound magic and other currencies, or give us another avenue like Laurels to buy the Grieve ascended trinkets.

Meh I don't mind it. Lazy as I am, I don't think everything in the game should be able to be acquired just by doing some mindless activity like winterberry farming or sitting on a bunch of free laurels you get just for logging in till you have enough. Some things people should have to put in a little time and effort into to get and if the stats are really as good as people seem to think they are then I guess those that get them will be the ones who pushed for them. Thats just my 2 cents on the issue though.

I agree that it should not be as easy as Winterberry farming, etc.The mosaics just need to be more readily accessible than just the Legendary Bounties and these strange new ways and the Buried Chests (which TBH makes no sense anyway because they were never in there to begin with).On top of that, there is no consistency when receiving mosaics from the bounties.

Legendary Bounties need a large amount (but not anything too crazy, maybe 10-15 because you can get like 22 at random at the moment but also can get 2 which seems like a load of crap)Champion Bounties also need to get some, maybe like 1-3. This gives more incentive for running the champ trains as well and not just legendary.

It's not as bad as you think it is, I already have over 500 and that's just from doing bounty runs...besides the ones I got from saving my original monster drops(never toss out things that say they can be sold to the merchant but don't have a price, Anet might decide to use them at some point in time for something). It's the Intact Elegy Mosaics that most people are complaining about.

@Zaklex.6308 said:It's not as bad as you think it is, I already have over 500 and that's just from doing bounty runs...besides the ones I got from saving my original monster drops(never toss out things that say they can be sold to the merchant but don't have a price, Anet might decide to use them at some point in time for something). It's the Intact Elegy Mosaics that most people are complaining about.

Considering you only get the mosaics from Legendary Bounties, where is the value in doing Champs?

Archived