Slightly peculiar request - death fade

Narrrz.7532

When a mob dies/despawns in the game, currently it just vanishes (though some creatures, notably mordrem, have a despawn animation where they sort of burrow/are absorbed into the ground)

I was wondering how difficult it would be to implement a simple sink-into-the-ground or even just fade-to-nothingness animation for creature corpses? It's just slightly immersion breaking to watch the chak lobber i've killed writhe around on the ground in its death throes and then just- blip out of existence. I realise there's no really graceful way to handle this, unless the playerbase is okay with having literally the entire world being littered with the decomposing remains of every single creature ever killed, but it seems like spontaneous vanishment is about the most graceless way to do it.

Not exactly a game breaking issue, just a pet peeve i've had for a few years now...

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Narrrz.7532 said:I was wondering how difficult it would be to implement a simple sink-into-the-ground

In other news, my mount sinks into the ground when I mount up, they need to fix that.

Yeah, i agree, it should just vanish with its running animation still playing like what happens when you fall so far that your mount dies from the damage.

Archived