Possible raid comp

Lexan.5930

I'm a necro main and i wanted to see if this might work

1 healing druid1 harriers might gen healing scourge (soul reaping/blood/scourge harrier gear and weapons dagger/focus axe/warhorn)1 Cps warrior (both banners and FGJ or wild blow if cc needed)

that's might gen and healing from the scourge so 3 kinda works like 4 (2 healers 2 might gen)

then most people will wanna bring 2 chrono (for alacrity)but that leaves room for 5 dps instead of only 4

yes you lose 150 power to 1 group but thats not a HUGE dps loss, minor if you can bring a whole dps to compensate for it.

NOTE: I have done raids with no chrono at all, and just by following fight mechanics (dodge, green circle) it's pretty easy to beat bosses without alacrity and firbrands can bring quickness.

Druid already over covers might in the current balance for 10 people, splits FGJ and powerful synergy more than make up for not being near the druid.Good groups will only need 1 druid as the only healer, worse off groups should just take a healer revenant if they need the extra heals. Tempest is still a 1 trick pony in this meta.

@Xcorpdog.2840 said:Druid already over covers might in the current balance for 10 people, splits FGJ and powerful synergy more than make up for not being near the druid.Good groups will only need 1 druid as the only healer, worse off groups should just take a healer revenant if they need the extra heals. Tempest is still a 1 trick pony in this meta.

while tempest won't be meta anytime soon . but after patch you won't feel so much dps loss if you play one .

Probably ditch cps entirely and bring a dps warrior for the banners. This way you'll have 6 dps classes instead of 5. Best bet for second healer is probably Renegade, as it can give extra alac and might. But anything can work here really. Pick Tempest if you're struggling to stay alive, pick Scourge if you like, or pick nothing at all and run 7th dps if you can manage it.

Yea i was figuring that warrior could just go full condi dps with banners and empower allies and get a big dps increase anyway. It really helps free up the comp and hopefully people will be looking for might stackers, healers and dps, rather than specific builds and classes

@Lexan.5930 said:Yea i was figuring that warrior could just go full condi dps with banners and empower allies and get a big dps increase anyway. It really helps free up the comp and hopefully people will be looking for might stackers, healers and dps, rather than specific builds and classes

The thing is, there is 1 or 2 best setups in every balance that the better raid guilds use.Reddit sees these and then complains that there is no diversity, when in reality there are a number of comps within the margin for human error. But because the meta comp does not include X class or X class isn't liked by pugs because it's not as good as it could be they cry to reddit. Odds are nothing too much will change with this update other than the odds of having at least 1 good dps player in a pug squad goes up due to the fact you can have more of them.Overall the balance moved in a reasonable direction but it will never change the fact that two people don't always want the same thing out of a group, and when they meet they get angry at each other or Anet.

@Xcorpdog.2840 said:

@Lexan.5930 said:Yea i was figuring that warrior could just go full condi dps with banners and empower allies and get a big dps increase anyway. It really helps free up the comp and hopefully people will be looking for might stackers, healers and dps, rather than specific builds and classes

The thing is, there is 1 or 2 best setups in every balance that the better raid guilds use.Reddit sees these and then complains that there is no diversity, when in reality there are a number of comps within the margin for human error. But because the meta comp does not include X class or X class isn't liked by pugs because it's not as good as it could be they cry to reddit. Odds are nothing too much will change with this update other than the odds of having at least 1 good dps player in a pug squad goes up due to the fact you can have more of them.
Overall the balance moved in a reasonable direction but it will never change the fact that two people don't always want the same thing out of a group, and when they meet they get angry at each other or Anet.

Trey very true. There will always be the groups and people who only want what the best guilds run, reguardless of how well or bad a person plays. I cant tell you how many times I have seen pugs do Absolutley terrible but are kept in a group because they are the class and build that's wanted, vs someone that runs something slightly different but gets kicked because its not the "meta".

I am hopeful that people will be more willing to take more classes after this update but like you said, probably not much will change.

Archived