Potential fix for some fps issues

I managed to find a possible solution to completely fixing fps issues that are occurring that aren't specific to PoF maps. Not only am I now able to play on max settings again, but my load times are quicker too without that bug happening often, even LA now loads in ~4 seconds for me.

What I had to do was delete one file and one folder, keep in mind deleting these will reset any settings that aren't tied to your account, so be sure to remember your volume settings, graphics options, etc.

Firstly open your File Explorer and copy/paste-> %appdata% <- into the address bar. Look for the Guild Wars 2 folder [C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2] and delete the Local.dat file. Afterwards click your address bar and replace Roaming with Local\Temp and go to the folder [C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Temp], in that folder simply search gw2 and delete the folder gw2cache-.... After the file and folder has been deleted simply start your launcher and it will re-download the files, then you may re-adjust the necessary settings that had been affected by the deletions. I also suggest keeping VSync disabled for the client if you had issues with low fps cap.

This may not fix all fps issues, but it will fix any issues that pertain to this particular files.

Side note: if you do not see the file and folder, be sure you have your OS set to being able to see invisible files/folders.

Archived