Post Buff Sword PvE DPS

Raif.9507

So now that the balance patch has passed, has anyone tested thoroughly the swords new DPS on the golem? Pre-patch I was able to get around 33-34k on large (someone using the same build but without the 220 ping I have got around 35k) and around 30k on small.

Wanted to see what other people have been able to swing with the new buffs since they're pretty OK.

I'd like to see it as well. I'm not sure how much will be changed, except for reducing the hit box differences. Ice Bow and Fiery Greatsword were nerfed, and there's a 10% damage loss from GOTL rework. What I can tell you is that I had a skilled Fresh Air Sword Weaver in a raid pug last night, and was doing the same damage as me as a cDPS warrior. Based on that, I assume Fresh Air Sword Weaver will be around 33k DPS.

Someone got 31.9k on a small target:

That is slightly ahead of the power dh runs I've seen post patch and likely similar to holosmith as well, so it seems like a viable option

Edit: this is running bolt to the heart I believe, I quickly checked out the basic rotation and it seemed to match up

@Amineo.8951 said:Sword/Dagger is very good in fractals now, I use it instead of Staff for CM because it's much better in any encounters except Ensolyss. I'm pretty sure it could be decent against some bosses in raids too once they fix the weakness bug in wing 1 & 3.

I found myself using staff for teq, and after breach for Sw, and sword/dagger for pretty much anything else, im finally finding a use for my bolt and im enjoying it so far.

Archived