Core Warrior Build - Help needed

Oberwaldmeister.8239

Hey guys,as the balance patch came out I edited my personal Core-Warrior build and came to a point where I couldn´t decide between 2 options for my build. For a close-up: this is a Core-Warrior build that focuses on gaining might, endure and heal with crticial hits. The build got 80% crtical-hit-chance as the "Signet of Rage" and the Axe 2 attack gives me 20% more to push it at the end to 100% so every attack is a critical hit.

To reach this number I got 2 options:

1. every weaponset has the "Superior Sigil of Accuracy"http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJEQNAR3ejMdQhH2FCmdAnIGICKLAigeGPhXYE0vY63CA-jFCBABVcEAOTJIAXEgyU+txDAwQdD1s/woq/sZIAYRC8/SVVVJDg+YA-w
  2. every weapon and armor-part is an assassins and pretty much every Infusion has +5 Precisionhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJEQNAR3ejMdQhH2FCmdAnIGICKLAigeGPhXYE0vY63CA-jFSGQBQR5nBuAAOS9nEcQAAx+DA4JA8QlgxR3QAAEgduz0ZdGszduzduzdWduzdezbezduzbezSB45YA-w

With the first option I got more strength but therefore I can only place one sigil besides the "Superior Sigil of Accuracy". With the second option I can place any sigil I want, but get less strength at the start. The strength gap is about ~160 points. The advantage of this is obvious - more damage, but the advantage of the 2nd option is that I gain more might and therefore more endure and more heal. So what do you guys think I should go with? The 1st or the 2nd option?(As I know this build has not so much sustain some of you would recommend me to a more "though" build. You can do this for sure, but please try to help me with the topic I asked for too :))

P.S. because the new patch nerfed/change the stances I use now the "Signet of Stamina" (better ednure regeneration) and "Bull´s Charge" because the increased damage for 5 seconds is just insane! What do you guys think of these choices instead of "Beserker Stance" and "Balanced Stance"?

EDIT: I want to use this build for WvW solo/minor group roaming

A few thoughts: Signet of Stamina isn't worth it. It's too punishing to pop it, since it's unlikely you'll remove that many conditions if you're just roaming. Cleanse in general isn't worth it. On that note, I wouldn't bother with Cleansing Ire. I would get traited stances and berserker stance with some boon duration. Another thing is... Might Makes Right isn't that great imo. It just takes too long for it to be worth it, not to mention GS hits pretty weak and slowly. But since you feel good about landing your bursts you might aswell opt for Berserker's Power. Also, don't forget that traited stances will give you vigor anyway, which is better than Signet of Stam.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:A few thoughts: Signet of Stamina isn't worth it. It's too punishing to pop it, since it's unlikely you'll remove that many conditions if you're just roaming. Cleanse in general isn't worth it. On that note, I wouldn't bother with Cleansing Ire. I would get traited stances and berserker stance with some boon duration. Another thing is... Might Makes Right isn't that great imo. It just takes too long for it to be worth it, not to mention GS hits pretty weak and slowly. But since you feel good about landing your bursts you might aswell opt for Berserker's Power. Also, don't forget that traited stances will give you vigor anyway, which is better than Signet of Stam.

I agree with the MMR. I feel like Might Makes Right synergized better with SB than core since you could fill the dodge gaps with FC. Though the increased cooldown might affect the total mitigation now.

@Turk.5460 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:A few thoughts: Signet of Stamina isn't worth it. It's too punishing to pop it, since it's unlikely you'll remove that many conditions if you're just roaming. Cleanse in general isn't worth it. On that note, I wouldn't bother with Cleansing Ire. I would get traited stances and berserker stance with some boon duration. Another thing is... Might Makes Right isn't that great imo. It just takes too long for it to be worth it, not to mention GS hits pretty weak and slowly. But since you feel good about landing your bursts you might aswell opt for Berserker's Power. Also, don't forget that traited stances will give you vigor anyway, which is better than Signet of Stam.

I agree with the MMR. I feel like Might Makes Right synergized better with SB than core since you could fill the dodge gaps with FC. Though the increased cooldown might affect the total mitigation now.

Might Makes Right works best with Magebane Tether, since you generate lots of might, but if you use Might Makes Right, best to have a might-centric build (e.g. Runes of Strength, Sigil of Battle on GS).

Hi,

I play core power warrior as well, but I have made different choices than you did. Not saying they're better, but here are the differences - hope they can give you interesting feedback.

In terms of traits:

• I prefer Last Stand over Cleansing Ire. Cleansing Ire is a fine choice on core warrior, no doubt about it, but I value the stability from Last Stand even more (your build only has one active stun breaker and no stability, too vulnerable for my taste against hard CC). Plus Last Stand brings vigor on stances (I equip 2 as utilities, plus have Deny Pain/Lesser Balanced Stance), which works well with the dodge theme of the Strength specialization.
  • I prefer Axe Mastery over Burst Mastery. I enjoy the additional damage, but I enjoy even more the adrenaline generation, which lets me burst more often (it compensates the lack of Cleansing Ire). The synergies brought by bursting are so neat, that I want to optimize them: bursting refills endurance through Building Momentum, thus fueling Reckless Dodge and Might Makes Right. The might from Eviscerate means 40 endurance back, which is insane (plus 500 HP, not bad). The fury from Arcing Slice works with Forceful Greatsword, so gives more value to MMR.

In terms of utilities:

• I still use Berserker's Stance. In my opinion, the skill is actually stronger than it was, from a skirmish point of view. The adrenaline gain is always good to take (more bursts), but it is mainly the 30s CD which is really good. It gives you more flexibility on the fight (you can use it more often, thus counter more easily big condi skills, and spend less time kiting, so exert more pressure). Note that as a frontliner walking in the condi AoE, the new Berserker's Stance is probably inferior to its previous version.
  • I use Balanced Stance instead of Endure Pain. While it is true that Balanced Stance (and Lesser Balanced Stance) are less interesting than they were, I feel that the immunity to critical hits is interesting enough to replace Endure Pain - plus this somehow compensates the loss of stability uptime, and improves the uptime of swiftness as well. I'd love a little shave on the CD though.
  • My third skill is Bull's Charge, like you - such a great skill now. I don't use the stamina signet. Although I think it is not a bad choice per se, the passive is actually wasted with the endurance regeneration cap set at 100%: I already have +50% (vigor with Last Stand) and +40% (food).

In terms of gear:

• I tried the same approach as you, using assassin's trinkets. Yet I wasn't satisfied with it, it felt less bursty (but I have made a different rune choice, this could be significant). I brought back more berserker pieces, and ended up with about 60% critical chance. My current damage is enough to "one-shot" squishies in matters of seconds, through weapon combos. I have marauder armor (because overall stats matter), and a mix of berserker/assassin's on weapons/trinkets.
  • Your choice of Runes of Strength is pretty logical. I still prefer the Runes of Durability, which offers so much sustain (passive stats, protection when you need it and boon duration, helping might, fury, vigor...). WvW is all about unfair fights, and as a roamer I'm used to being outnumbered. The runes have helped me sustain and win tons of 1vX already.
  • Like you, I use the sigil of energy, definitely a must with the Strength line. In PvP, I rather use the sigil of battle, which grants more might stacks. Aside from energy, I've kept Hydromancy / Leeching on the Greatsword, because of the basic burst combo it offers (Reckless Dodge in the opponent, weapon swap at melee to trigger the sigils on the enemy, then GS#3 through them). Finally, for the last one, I've tried many variations, and have no definite opinion. I currently use bloodlust, because stacks are easy to build, and the additional power is pretty good.

In terms of food:

• There's no way I'd exchange my Bowl of Orrian Trufle and Meat Stew for your Plate of Truffle Steak. 100% chance to gain might on dodge, +40% endurance regeneration, this works way too well with the Strength line to not take it. I prepare them myself, by batches of 100 (because they're quite costly to buy).

Cheers.

Signet of Stamina is just there because of the nerfed Stances. Before the patch my utility-skills where Berserker Stance, Endure Pain and Balanced Stance. Since Both Stances were nerfed I switched them to the buffed physical skill Bull´s Charge and just for more mobility + might gain I added the Signet of Stamina. I think wouldn´t pop it or maybe never pop it because of what you said. But imo there isn´t any better Signet. As I said I think the both stances aren´t that reliable more. I just have to run away if I see any Condi-Player... :DMaybe I switch the Signet of Stamina with one of the stances and apply the trait Last Stand, but I think less adrenaline gain isn´t good for this build as I might switch Burst Mastery to Axe Mastery from time to time.

@Turk.5460 said:

I don´t play SB and I dont want to play SB just because I don´t like it. I can live with the fact that I don´t play the best specs but imo core is better and I can handle it better, but thats just me. )> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

Might Makes Right works best with Magebane Tether, since you generate lots of might, but if you use Might Makes Right, best to have a might-centric build (e.g. Runes of Strength, Sigil of Battle on GS).

As I said before I dont play SB therefore I can´t apply this trait. Furthermore I like MMR and think it´s a good trait with core-warrior.

PLEASE REMIND: You can offer me different options, but please stay on topic. I didn´t ask for SB build-recommodations!

@Oberwaldmeister.8239 said:

Signet of Stamina is just there because of the nerfed Stances. Before the patch my utility-skills where Berserker Stance, Endure Pain and Balanced Stance. Since Both Stances were nerfed I switched them to the buffed physical skill Bull´s Charge and just for more mobility + might gain I added the Signet of Stamina. I think wouldn´t pop it or maybe never pop it because of what you said. But imo there isn´t any better Signet. As I said I think the both stances aren´t that reliable more. I just have to run away if I see any Condi-Player... :DMaybe I switch the Signet of Stamina with one of the stances and apply the trait Last Stand, but I think less adrenaline gain isn´t good for this build as I might switch Burst Mastery to Axe Mastery from time to time.

@Turk.5460 said:

I don´t play SB and I dont want to play SB just because I don´t like it. I can live with the fact that I don´t play the best specs but imo core is better and I can handle it better, but thats just me. )> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

As I said before I dont play SB therefore I can´t apply this trait. Furthermore I like MMR and think it´s a good trait with core-warrior.

PLEASE REMIND: You can offer me different options, but please stay on topic. I didn´t ask for SB build-recommodations!

Might Makes Right can work with Core Warrior. As I said, focus on maximizing might generation.

I had to split this post because it would be too confusing.

@Elegie.3620 said:Hi,

I play core power warrior as well, but I have made different choices than you did. Not saying they're better, but here are the differences - hope they can give you interesting feedback.

In terms of traits:

• I prefer Last Stand over Cleansing Ire. Cleansing Ire is a fine choice on core warrior, no doubt about it, but I value the stability from Last Stand even more (your build only has one active stun breaker and no stability, too vulnerable for my taste against hard CC). Plus Last Stand brings vigor on stances (I equip 2 as utilities, plus have Deny Pain/Lesser Balanced Stance), which works well with the dodge theme of the Strength specialization.
  • I prefer Axe Mastery over Burst Mastery. I enjoy the additional damage, but I enjoy even more the adrenaline generation, which lets me burst more often (it compensates the lack of Cleansing Ire). The synergies brought by bursting are so neat, that I want to optimize them: bursting refills endurance through Building Momentum, thus fueling Reckless Dodge and Might Makes Right. The might from Eviscerate means 40 endurance back, which is insane (plus 500 HP, not bad). The fury from Arcing Slice works with Forceful Greatsword, so gives more value to MMR.

Yeah I just wanted to write that I might change CLeansing Ire to Last Stand, but I have, as you said, worries about adrenaline gain. Good point that you trait Axe Mastery over Burst Mastery for this gap. I switched it serveral times because Axe Mastery has less damage output even with 100% crit chance.I might switch the Signet of Stamina for to Berserk Stance or the stunbreaking Balance Stance. I don´t like them anymore because of the nerf.As I said Axe Mastery with Last Stand instead of Cleansing Ire is a very good Idea! What you point out is that what I think all time and how great all works together.

In terms of utilities:

• I still use Berserker's Stance. In my opinion, the skill is actually stronger than it was, from a skirmish point of view. The adrenaline gain is always good to take (more bursts), but it is mainly the 30s CD which is really good. It gives you more flexibility on the fight (you can use it more often, thus counter more easily big condi skills, and spend less time kiting, so exert more pressure). Note that as a frontliner walking in the condi AoE, the new Berserker's Stance is probably inferior to its previous version.
  • I use Balanced Stance instead of Endure Pain. While it is true that Balanced Stance (and Lesser Balanced Stance) are less interesting than they were, I feel that the immunity to critical hits is interesting enough to replace Endure Pain - plus this somehow compensates the loss of stability uptime, and improves the uptime of swiftness as well. I'd love a little shave on the CD though.
  • My third skill is Bull's Charge, like you - such a great skill now. I don't use the stamina signet. Although I think it is not a bad choice per se, the passive is actually wasted with the endurance regeneration cap set at 100%: I already have +50% (vigor with Last Stand) and +40% (food).

I would say its the better stance too, but also I think the adrenaline you gain is now too much therefore it´s just wasted. The lesser CD is nice but I can´t say If I like the stances or not. Time will show it for me, but it´s good to hear someones opinion. The most opinions I read to this point were negative. At the end for now it´s maybe better to avoid condis for us core-warriors :DBut with Endure Pain you have no incoming damage - crit or no crit. For now I´ll stay with Endure Pain but that´s just my choice. :)There shows off my goal of 100% crit chance - I need the +150 Precision food to come to the point where I dont need the Superior Sigil of Accuracy. I can´t decide between the both builds because I can only place one more sigil and this makes me a little bit uncomfortable. Therefore I could take the food for +40% stamina regeneration. But I didn´t know there is a cap, thank you for the info! As you can see it´s not that easy for me between these both variants of 100% crit chance even if you said with personal experience that it´s not that good. I might change to a berserker/marauder build in the future but for now I HAVE to try the 100% cause it sounds so nice. :)But - YES - as I read the patch notes and asked if 33% damage boost from Peak Performcance does apply in WvsW aswell and the answer was yes I couldn´t resist to take Bull´s Charge. Bull´s Charge -> weapon switch (+Might) to Axe/Shield with Sigil of Battle (+2 Might) -> Eviscerate seems tobe soo good.

In terms of gear:

• I tried the same approach as you, using assassin's trinkets. Yet I wasn't satisfied with it, it felt less bursty (but I have made a different rune choice, this could be significant). I brought back more berserker pieces, and ended up with about 60% critical chance. My current damage is enough to "one-shot" squishies in matters of seconds, through weapon combos. I have marauder armor (because overall stats matter), and a mix of berserker/assassin's on weapons/trinkets.
  • Your choice of Runes of Strength is pretty logical. I still prefer the Runes of Durability, which offers so much sustain (passive stats, protection when you need it and boon duration, helping might, fury, vigor...). WvW is all about unfair fights, and as a roamer I'm used to being outnumbered. The runes have helped me sustain and win tons of 1vX already.
  • Like you, I use the sigil of energy, definitely a must with the Strength line. In PvP, I rather use the sigil of battle, which grants more might stacks. Aside from energy, I've kept Hydromancy / Leeching on the Greatsword, because of the basic burst combo it offers (Reckless Dodge in the opponent, weapon swap at melee to trigger the sigils on the enemy, then GS#3 through them). Finally, for the last one, I've tried many variations, and have no definite opinion. I currently use bloodlust, because stacks are easy to build, and the additional power is pretty good.

In terms of food:

• There's no way I'd exchange my Bowl of Orrian Trufle and Meat Stew for your Plate of Truffle Steak. 100% chance to gain might on dodge, +40% endurance regeneration, this works way too well with the Strength line to not take it. I prepare them myself, by batches of 100 (because they're quite costly to buy).

Cheers.

I had thoughts about a more though build that could resist much more but as I said I have to burn my hands and make my own experience with the asassins one. Marauders/Berserk/Assassins is a good combination yes. 60% crit chance might be the the answer for me in the end, but as i said I have to make my own experience with the 100% crit chance build.Because the build of me is all about might the rune of strengh is the only answer. But with what I said in the sentence above it will maybe turn in the Rune of Durability too for me.Yep and of course on the GS to gain more might with Forceful Greatsword. PvP will be another topic for me. At first I want to complete my WvsW build.I know that combo but I took more attention to gain might therefore it had to goo for a Sigil of Strengh ;) I also like the combo Sigil of Intelligence + Sigil of Force on the Axe/Shield for max. dmg output for lesser crit chance builds.

As I said before I need the +150 points of Precision to reach 80%/100% crit chance without Sigil of Accuracy. Therefore I ask you: which one of the two build varaints would you choose? (At the variant with Sigil of Accuracy I can take the buff food you have and then I would switch the Signet of Stamina for one stance for sure)

I thank you very much for your outstanding helpful answer and ideas! Cheers too!

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@Oberwaldmeister.8239 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

@Turk.5460 said:

Might Makes Right can work with Core Warrior. As I said, focus on maximizing might generation.

In fact you would rather pick the 2nd variant? Because I would think that this generates more might than the first.

@Oberwaldmeister.8239 said:I would say its the better stance too, but also I think the adrenaline you gain is now too much therefore it´s just wasted.

I don't feel like I have too much adrenaline, but Cleansing Ire might have a bigger impact than I think. One of my untested hypothesis is that Might Makes Right devalues Cleansing Ire, because more dodges make you take less hits.

In terms of gameplay, I tend to burst as often as I can, even if I have only one bar available. My reasoning is that experienced opponents will focus on your bursts, trying to bait and mitigate them (same as stances), so I don't want to lose all my adrenaline for nothing. I thus prefer using my burst skills as regular skills, nearly off-cooldown, all the more this is compatible with Adrenal Health (each burst grants one stack, stacks accumulate). It's a bit awkward, but so far it's been working pretty well for me.

But with Endure Pain you have no incoming damage - crit or no crit. For now I´ll stay with Endure Pain but that´s just my choice. :)

I have the same dilemma. I tried Balanced Stance out of curiosity after reading the patch notes, and was surprised at the result. I decided to keep it (for now) after a very nice duel with a power herald, where we watched each other's CDs, and I manage to emerge victorious.

But - YES - as I read the patch notes and asked if 33% damage boost from Peak Performance does apply in WvsW aswell and the answer was yes I couldn´t resist to take Bull´s Charge. Bull´s Charge -> weapon switch (+Might) to Axe/Shield with Sigil of Battle (+2 Might) -> Eviscerate seems to be soo good.

I fell in love with Bull's Charge when they added the evade on it, this made it pretty strong already. As for the recent 33% damage boost, I'm definitely interested in experimenting too.

I had thoughts about a more though build that could resist much more but as I said I have to burn my hands and make my own experience with the asassins one.

Sure. There's a lot of fun in analysis and experimentation, so you should definitely try it. Plus practice is a necessary element to convert / enrich knowledge into experience and insight. Don't forget to share if you make interesting discoveries; I failed in my own experimentations, but reading about others' successes is often enlightening!

As I said before I need the +150 points of Precision to reach 80%/100% crit chance without Sigil of Accuracy. Therefore I ask you: which one of the two build varaints would you choose? (At the variant with Sigil of Accuracy I can take the buff food you have and then I would switch the Signet of Stamina for one stance for sure)

If you don't change food, then I think I prefer the +150 precision food build. As you said earlier, it feels bizarre investing into two sigils of accuracy, after all you only need to generate 4 stacks of might with your sigil(s) to get a superior output (unless you find yourself capped at 25 stacks soon enough). The difference in your builds isn't too costly though, so it'll be easy for you to try both. If you change your food, then the choice is made already (worth trying too).

When I was experimenting with the level of critical chance, I couldn't help but think about buffs brought by allies - especially the ranger's Spotter (+7% critical chance IIRC?). I have seen it many times in WvW, so if you play with rangers around, then it might be interesting to take it into account in your analysis.

Good luck!

@Elegie.3620 said:

@Oberwaldmeister.8239 said:I would say its the better stance too, but also I think the adrenaline you gain is now too much therefore it´s just wasted.

I don't feel like I have too much adrenaline, but Cleansing Ire might have a bigger impact than I think. One of my untested hypothesis is that Might Makes Right devalues Cleansing Ire, because more dodges make you take less hits.

Maybe you´re right, but I don´t think there´s a huge difference in gaining adrenaline with or without more dodging. Surely there IS a difference, but sometimes you dodge because you expect let´s say Eviscerate from your opponent and then he doesn´t do it. And this is just one attac = 1 point in adrenaline that you didn´t gain. I think the autoattacks are the real ones with what you gain adrenaline. In 1vsX fights you get hit with much more of them and therefore gain more adrenaline. The other point is that you might get stunned more often in 1vsX fights than in 1vs1s and then Last Stand might be the better option for more sustain against non-condi builds (there´s also a CD for lesser Balaned Stance of 40 seconds am I right I - don´t know because I didn´t use this trait before?). I can´t say how reliable Cleansing Ire for condi-remove is but because they nerfed Berserker Stance it might got more valuable then before.One option would be that you take Last Stand in combination with Berserker Stance (I think this is what you got in your build?). Then you have 5 seconds of Resistance and get 35 Adrenaline in 5x1 second intervalls (with might be too much as I said before) aswell as 5 seconds of Endure Pain and 2.5 seconds of lesser Balanced Stance (2 stunbreaks at all).It´s really hard to say which combination is the best as I can´t say if Cleansing Ire is a must-have to gain adrenaline (but I think it is) and a reliable condi-remove (which I don´t think it is).

In terms of gameplay, I tend to burst as often as I can, even if I have only one bar available. My reasoning is that experienced opponents will focus on your bursts, trying to bait and mitigate them (same as stances), so I don't want to lose all my adrenaline for nothing. I thus prefer using my burst skills as regular skills, nearly off-cooldown, all the more this is compatible with Adrenal Health (each burst grants one stack, stacks accumulate). It's a bit awkward, but so far it's been working pretty well for me.

Now it makes sense you took Axe Mastery because this is under those circumstances much more viable.I think I am more max-adrenaline burst orientated, but the disadvantage of it is what you said - sometimes I spent my whole adrenaline for nothing.

But with Endure Pain you have no incoming damage - crit or no crit. For now I´ll stay with Endure Pain but that´s just my choice. :)

I have the same dilemma. I tried Balanced Stance out of curiosity after reading the patch notes, and was surprised at the result. I decided to keep it (for now) after a very nice duel with a power herald, where we watched each other's CDs, and I manage to emerge victorious.

Balanced Stance is good for power vs power and the big question is: do you want to fight condi effectively or not? Could you maybe post your build so I can see which utility and trait combinations you have?

But - YES - as I read the patch notes and asked if 33% damage boost from Peak Performance does apply in WvsW aswell and the answer was yes I couldn´t resist to take Bull´s Charge. Bull´s Charge -> weapon switch (+Might) to Axe/Shield with Sigil of Battle (+2 Might) -> Eviscerate seems to be soo good.

I fell in love with Bull's Charge when they added the evade on it, this made it pretty strong already. As for the recent 33% damage boost, I'm definitely interested in experimenting too.

Tomorrow I can finally test it in PvP to farm the rest of my armor and then finally I can try it in WvsW.

I had thoughts about a more though build that could resist much more but as I said I have to burn my hands and make my own experience with the asassins one.

Sure. There's a lot of fun in analysis and experimentation, so you should definitely try it. Plus practice is a necessary element to convert / enrich knowledge into experience and insight. Don't forget to share if you make interesting discoveries; I failed in my own experimentations, but reading about others' successes is often enlightening!

Yeah but the recrafting in Berserkers or Marauders isn´t that cheap for a whole armor and weapon set :D

If you don't change food, then I think I prefer the +150 precision food build. As you said earlier, it feels bizarre investing into two sigils of accuracy, after all you only need to generate 4 stacks of might with your sigil(s) to get a superior output (unless you find yourself capped at 25 stacks soon enough). The difference in your builds isn't too costly though, so it'll be easy for you to try both. If you change your food, then the choice is made already (worth trying too).

Yes the build with the Sigils of Accuracy isn´t that versatile. But if I reach the Might cap too early with the 2nd build I think I will change the food to yours and change the Assassins Armor to Berserker stats. Maybe I should try the capping before with exotic berserker gear hm :)

When I was experimenting with the level of critical chance, I couldn't help but think about buffs brought by allies - especially the ranger's Spotter (+7% critical chance IIRC?). I have seen it many times in WvW, so if you play with rangers around, then it might be interesting to take it into account in your analysis.

Good luck!

The problem is I am solo-player. I don´t have the time for group PvE/PvP/WvW because I never can say If I am only 1 hour online or 5. Therefore this build is just for ego-player like me and wouldn´t be good in a big group where buffs like the one from the ranger "destroy" my build because my crit chance would be above 100% and this means given away points which could be better placed in strength or thoughness/vitality. (The Spotter gives 7,14% crit chance which leads us to this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJEQNAR3ejMdQhHWGCmdAnIGICK9Lm+YAPhXYEsAIC6ZA-jFSGQBG4CAAi9HAwTAAKK/SwBBwRq/EHdDPUJYAAEgduz0ZdGszduzduzdWdmOTn7cnJDQ1YA-w)

Thank you, of course I will post my results with the build or which build I choose in the end

Hi,

@Oberwaldmeister.8239 said:Maybe you´re right, but I don´t think there´s a huge difference in gaining adrenaline with or without more dodging. Surely there IS a difference, but sometimes you dodge because you expect let´s say Eviscerate from your opponent and then he doesn´t do it. And this is just one attac = 1 point in adrenaline that you didn´t gain. I think the autoattacks are the real ones with what you gain adrenaline. In 1vsX fights you get hit with much more of them and therefore gain more adrenaline. The other point is that you might get stunned more often in 1vsX fights than in 1vs1s and then Last Stand might be the better option for more sustain against non-condi builds (there´s also a CD for lesser Balaned Stance of 40 seconds am I right I - don´t know because I didn´t use this trait before?). I can´t say how reliable Cleansing Ire for condi-remove is but because they nerfed Berserker Stance it might got more valuable then before.

These are good points. Unfortunately I cannot bring interesting responses on that, as I haven't had the time to play and test as much as I want since PoF/Patch came out. I'll definitely give Cleansing Ire a try.

There are some issues with Last Stand and Balanced Stance not stacking together, and with the non--visible CD of Last Stand (40s yes) it's pretty hard to manage both of them at the time. Yet, I've liked the idea of the double stab for a long time now, coupled with the resistance which neutralizes soft control, you can attack or defend unhindered.

Balanced Stance is good for power vs power and the big question is: do you want to fight condi effectively or not? Could you maybe post your build so I can see which utility and trait combinations you have?

The build I use is nothing innovative I'm afraid:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3ejMdQZHWFCmhAnIGICK8EehVwCgIon1vY6jBA-jlCEQBP4gAEhLAg/U/hJK9woSw2obILKDAwRAACPAA4t/AZAqGDA-w

I've recently swapped out more assassins' pieces for berserker, so the critical hit chance has dropped to 56%. I actually don't have much problem facing conditions, except when I'm outplayed or don't pay attention (but I really do not hesitate to kite away when I'm at disadvantage). The true build exception is condi mesmers, where I often disengage early - not sure I can do anything against them with that build.

In terms of 1v1 gameplay, I monitor the boons of my opponent (especially stability), as well as their skills' CD or mechanics (especially defensive ones). I try and use shield 5 to counter critical skills more than avoid damage, and I use hard cc -> damage combos as often as I can. I also don't hesitate to abuse mobility during the fight and reposition myself away (e.g. with GS #5), breaking targeting, when an opponent's not vulnerable or is exerting too much pressure. I have tried and played most PvP damage builds from core and HoT in the past, for all classes, so as to know what to expect and what opportunity to grasp. I'm an average player, and it taught me a bit about being attentive and seizing momentum in the fight.

Aside from the Reckless Dodge -> swap -> Hydro/Leeching -> GS #3 combo, the one I use most is probably Bull's Charge + Axe #2 + Axe #1 when the opponent's down, then swap -> Hydro/Leeching -> GS #3.

In terms of 1v2 or 1v3, I use a different set of tactics, first baiting and avoiding the initial skill burst of the opponents (most go all out immediately when they face a single guy), then looking for the weakest player first, or the most squishy, and trying to down him fast. When a group has a player down, they always consider rezzing them, this changes the way they play, and you often get lots of free hits cleaving them. I usually don't try to kill downed players, they're more useful as downed players, and if they get back up it's just a matter of putting them down again. I don't kill forcefully, as I tend to preserve my CDs for really dangerous situations.

Sorry for the random thoughts :)

Tomorrow I can finally test it in PvP to farm the rest of my armor and then finally I can try it in WvsW.

Congrats on that armor.

The problem is I am solo-player. I don´t have the time for group PvE/PvP/WvW because I never can say If I am only 1 hour online or 5. Therefore this build is just for ego-player like me and wouldn´t be good in a big group where buffs like the one from the ranger "destroy" my build because my crit chance would be above 100% and this means given away points which could be better placed in strength or thoughness/vitality. (The Spotter gives 7,14% crit chance which leads us to this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJEQNAR3ejMdQhH2FCmdAnIGICKLAigeGPhXYE0vY6jBA-jVSGQBOS1HApGgBuAAxR3AAeCAgY/hHqEMBHEAoo8LAACwO3Z6sODu5O35O35OrO35O35O35O35O3ZZAqGDA-w)

What I like with your approach is that you'll be able to progressively diminish your critical hit chance, until you find a level where you're satisfied. I'll be interested in hearing what level you consider optimal eventually, even though differences in gameplay can change this perception.

Bye!

EDIT: wrong build.

Idk how it does in WvW roaming but the Daredevil rune variant in sPvP is amazing for Core warrior.

Strength, Defence, Discipline; take Might makes right and balanced stance, and the bursting mastery respectively.

Daredevil runes

Doom/Energy on Axe/shield - stagnation/exploitation on GS

Full Berserker - Berserker Stance, Stamina Signet and Endurepain, Signet of Rage for utilities.

Pretty self explanitory, dodge and F1. It's a LOT of fun to play. Remember that dodges with the Strength tree allows your dodge rolls to do dmg, even through blocks.

From a WvW solo roaming perspective, core warrior is indeed pretty good (not tried yet the sPvP variant with Daredevil runes), however do you have any tips when fighting against thieves and mesmers? Do you have any other semi-hard/hard counters? Pretty hard sometimes to land the burst, GS is so slow! My build: Strength (3, 2, 2); Defense (1, 1, 2); Discipline (2, 3, 1) - then Marauder armor with rune of durability with full berkezer accessories/rings etc...; axe/shield (Sigil of Battle/Energy), gs (energy/hydromancy). Againt mesmers or heavy condi pressure players: do you activate the healing signet to get the resistance at the beginning of the fight?

So I played some games with the new utilities. Signet of Stamina isn't really worth any words because it's selfexplanatory and isn't that powerfull without the additional 40% endurance regeneration of the food in WvsW. Bull's Charge is like the GS #5 but more usefull because of the stun with what real high damage combinations are possible. With Peak Performance it's CD is against my expectations really short and most of the time I did need it it was up. Withal I just tried it in PvP where the damage buff is only 10%. At all I would say Bull's Charge is atm a really good stand-in for the stances.

I will start with 72,8X% crit chance as I think around 93% with fury is enough to gain 25 Might and 190% endurance regeneration is important to survive long enough and gain additionally Might and therefore heal andmore endurance. So if I fight along with the ranger's Spotter I can reach 100% but don't waste any point. Furthermore I don't have to infuse my back or the rings to reach this number :p.

I hadn't Rune of Daredevil so gar but I will test it but only in PvP as I don't have that much gold to test every single combination and I am really excited to play the Assassin's build because I feel Like no one plays this (but hopefully not for a reason...)

Thiefes tbh aren't that much of a struggling. Deadeyes (which are dead now I think) -> Shield #5 as easy as possible. Normal thieves are normally that fragile that you only have to stun them with e.g. Shield #4 (or Bull's Charge) and then F1 them. Pistol/Pistol players like the Deadeyes -> Shield #5. It might be mindless but just dodge them (GS #3 and normal dodge rolls) and play it calmly. I don't have any bigger struggles with thieves and they are imo Not really counters but I have to note that I didn't play that much WvsW and this ist Just the was I recognized it in PvP.Scourge players (especially in PvP) are (my) hardcounters because of the lack of resistance now and the big AOEs. Trap Guardians are annoying in PvP but only because of the points you have to defend or attack. The last one that Comeback to my mind are Mesmers as you said already.And I only activate the healingsignet if I am in real trouble and won't live without the fast 2k heal (maybe 1 out of 20 fights)

Might makes right works very well with a sigil of strength on the weapon. The added endurance is significant .

You might want to try KICK.Since changes and you can get 5 seconds boost to damage via peak performance and it triggers on each iteration of kick which is 3 in 24 seconds (15 seconds uptime in that 24). This 10 percent damage boost plus that interrupt and knockdown. This can be very effective against classes with no stability. Bulls charge in for knockdown interrupt and a damage boost, then time your kicks for further interrupts and damage boost.

Kick does not have to land to get that damage boost so even if it blocked or dodged you still putting out more damage for the next 5 seconds..

I didn't think about this tbh but that's a real good idea. I'll try it definitely out in PvP and then in WvsW. My thoughts are that Kick benefits in PvP more than in WvsW because mobility is not that important but the ability to defend one point properly is. Of course there are scenarios where more interrupts are better than mobility in WvsW and vice versa is more mobility sometimes better in PvP. What I like about Bull's Charge is the 3 second knockdown where you can literally destroy your opponent in this duration mainlyin WvsW because of the 33% damage boost. I think with enough Might you can down someone easily but I couldn't test it so these are just expectations.

@babazhook.6805 said:Might makes right works very well with a sigil of strength on the weapon. The added endurance is significant .

You might want to try KICK.Since changes and you can get 5 seconds boost to damage via peak performance and it triggers on each iteration of kick which is 3 in 24 seconds (15 seconds uptime in that 24). This 10 percent damage boost plus that interrupt and knockdown. This can be very effective against classes with no stability. Bulls charge in for knockdown interrupt and a damage boost, then time your kicks for further interrupts and damage boost.

Kick does not have to land to get that damage boost so even if it blocked or dodged you still putting out more damage for the next 5 seconds..

Haha, you know, I've been using Kick for that same reason - but in PvE. I don't think Core Warrior has room for Kick in WvW though. Maybe for roaming?

Thanks, I will try KICK in PVP, it does make sense to switch BULL's CHARGE to KICK when having to capture/hold points - however for solo roaming, it does not make sense as you may end up being kited left and right. One question though regarding Sigil choice: what works best: sigil of battle of sigil of strength (with a ca. 60% crit. chance without Fury - I changed a few accessories from Berzerker to Assassin and it works very well)?

Battle: in best scenarios 2 Stacks Might/9 secStrength: 0.6 (critchance) 0.6 (Chance for Might gain) 9 (9 Times the Chance to get Might with CD of the Sigill) = 3.24

In best case scenarios Strength gives more might. Depending on your critchance this goes Up but at the Same time it can Go down cause maybe you don't Land every second a hit (crit or Not) so maybe you hit 2 times in one seconds (CD of the Sigill is 1 sec) or 4 times in 2 seconds(you don't use the CD to the Maximum). As you can Swap in 5 seconds to the other weaponset you get per 10 seconds Minimum 2 Stacks Might (Swap to Sigill of Battle -> 5 seconds Swap to other weapon -> 5 seconds Swap again to Sigill of Battle = 10 seconds at best) and even sometimes you stay on one Set and and therefore gain less Might over time.

So if you want to Decide between the 2 Take strength definitely

Edit: how much did the Might gain change and so you feel the damagedrop? Did you Change because of this discussion or because of yourself?

@Hitman.5829 said:Core warrior in PVP and WvW is useless! isn't core warrior dead with all the warrior nerfs and expansions over the past 5 years?

This doesnt help anyone. I Play Warrior because I Like it and Not for playing the best build Out there (every build hast it's Advantages and disadvantages aswell...)

And of you ask me: no for solo and minor Group Roaming it's good and Fun to play.

So either you give intersting and usefull ideas or dont Play Warrior and dont Post such useless Things.

Edit: uhm and why you state Something what you think is right but in the next sentence you doubt the same thing as you ask if it's right?!

@Hitman.5829 said:Core warrior in PVP and WvW is useless! isn't core warrior dead with all the warrior nerfs and expansions over the past 5 years?

Quite the contrary, core warrior is tier 1 in solo roaming due to it's high damage, sustain, and mobility. Core warrior is strong in sPvP but with the Scourge Meta, it's weak against Condi vomit.

Archived