Things HUD?

Hey, I'm a new player and as I'm sure you know, leveling involves a lot of map exploration, which i have nothing against, only due to my nature of wanting to check where I'm going, I find myself spending FAR too much time looking at the minimap instead of looking at the (very wonderful looking) world. I was wondering if there is a way to get PoIs, waypoints, vistas or maybe even gathering nodes to show up in a more Heads Up Display type of fashion? If this is already a thing then that's great, can someone direct me in the right direction? And if not, I hope that someone takes a note of this.

I don't think this should be default and obviously you should be allowed to pick what is being shown, but I think this would be a good addition for people like me, who spend ages looking at maps. Any thoughts?

Also, when you are in the full map vista (M), you can hover the cursor over the symbol of the type of objective needed (Vistas, POI, Hero Points, Hearts), and if you have accessed the area, the remaining places you still need to visit or complete will illuminate in the map. Then you can use the personal WP that Costepj said to guide you to your next goal.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Turning off Personal Story may help direct you to content that is part of Map Completion.

Options - General Options - Content Guide - Disable Personal Story

Good luck.

This. The arrow that usually points to the personal story will now point you to the nearest Vista/POI/WP or the nearest even so you can just head on in that direction and explore.

Sometimes though, it'll be underground or something so you'll have to explore alternative ways to get there which will require minimap and map, but at least you'll be looking at the game most of the time.

Archived