Damage Done to Downed Targets

Jackalrat.5493

Now this has no effect on gameplay and I know that, with the current state of (im)balance, this issue is a low priority but I thought this is a simple and functionally optimal change.

I think it's a little odd that damage applied to downed targets doesn't apply to your damage total. Damage done to downed targets is extremely important. I often see situations where multiple players are downed on each team, and who gets that first kill decides everything.

If you execute (stomp) a player, you should get damage done equal to their remaining HP. If you are rezzing, that should also factor into your healing (it might already, I'm actually not sure) because these things are really important and should be acknowledged for their contribution.

I personally play a very high ferocity reaper and constantly have situations where a stomp would be too risky but the fact that I can pop a downed player and anyone trying to rez them with some 9k autos or a 15k soul spiral completely changes the outcome of a fight but I don't get any acknowledgement because downed state is arbitrarily excluded from this statistic. Is there any good reason for this? Because it's certainly not less important...

@Jackalrat.5493 said:Now this has no effect on gameplay and I know that, with the current state of (im)balance, this issue is a low priority but I thought this is a simple and functionally optimal change.

I think it's a little odd that damage applied to downed targets doesn't apply to your damage total. Damage done to downed targets is extremely important. I often see situations where multiple players are downed on each team, and who gets that first kill decides everything.

If you execute (stomp) a player, you should get damage done equal to their remaining HP. If you are rezzing, that should also factor into your healing (it might already, I'm actually not sure) because these things are really important and should be acknowledged for their contribution.

I personally play a very high ferocity reaper and constantly have situations where a stomp would be too risky but the fact that I can pop a downed player and anyone trying to rez them with some 9k autos or a 15k soul spiral completely changes the outcome of a fight but I don't get any acknowledgement because downed state is arbitrarily excluded from this statistic. Is there any good reason for this? Because it's certainly not less important...

I don't think anyone cares about this.

Hah. I stated that pretty clearly, but it's not an either or scenario. It's not like Arena Net is gonna be like, "Ah! We spent so much time moving a few lines of code for this that we completely skipped on the class balance!"

Sorry to post a minor issue thread amidst the hundreds of balance QQ posts, I'll make sure to continue only using this forum to complain about OP classes (which I'll agree, are a bigger priority and a problem).

Archived