[Bug?] Disconnection issues at the end of missions. [spoilery info within]

I've been experiencing bugged missions, that knock me out of the mission at the very end of them. I think it has something to do with positioning and how the script loads. I have no real data other than that. Fighting Caudecus in his home in the Lake Doric instance being the roughest one. I'll fight him for a very long time (the mission is quite long IMO) and then upon defeat it will disconnect me from the instance. This is very frustrating. But, there are more. In other missions, like the one I just finished in Glint's Lair "Crystalline Memories" I defeated the the Facet and at the end of the fight I move to the large Memory Crystal. While it is still talking, I move to Big Snaff. And boom, disconnect. Same thing fighting Balthazar in the mission in the Riverlands. Defeat him, and boom disconnect. Have to start it all over again. Then, later.. in the underworld you speak to the judge with Neneh and if you don't go to the judge before you speak to Palawa Joko it kicks you again.

And then finally, in the fight with Balthazar in 'Beast of War' I believe is the name of the mission, it kicked me 4 times before I had to complete it teaming someone else and using their instance to forward my character's story. Very very very frustrating. I use the 64 bit client, and I run a Radeon RX 480 on Windows 10. I also get disconnections periodically while just simply running the client. Updating drivers does not seem to affect anything. The odd bit, is that it also disconnects me from discord as well. At no other time do these things happen.

Recreating these disconnects are easy, but I've lost all patience due to the sheer number of times they occur. I've no desire to replay any of the instanced content in Path of Fire until I have confirmation that these issues are at least looked at.

I have experienced similar problems. I've done the Beast of War followed by To Kill a God on two characters. Each time I kill Balthazar, the cut scene plays his disappearance and fails to return. At the black screen the client DCs. When I log back I get to do Kill a God again and it completes correctly. I'm looking forward to my third character's encounter and the chance to do it over.

I'm getting disconnected at the end of every story instance now. Very frustrating. I've filled a bug report and support ticket and am hoping they can tell me what to do to fix this. I'm going to be locked out of the hound and griffon mount if I can't complete the story instances. Plus very frustrating to have to do the whole instance over and over again. Please Anet - give us a little help?

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. My first character, ranger, cannot finish the end sequence of HOT. Now, I am timing out on 'To kill a God'. I have found that any mission/quest that takes more than 10 minutes, I get disconnected. After spending hours retying the end of HOT, I gave up. Now with POF doing the same, I give up with my new characters. This is a joke to get all the way to the end and not get the final reward! ANet, you need to stop timing out on missions! It's like the server doesn't recognize that you are still in the mission. Short missions that only take a minute or two, I don't mind redoing after a DC, but when I spend 30 minutes going through game dialog (mandatory at that), only to be disconnected and start ALL OVER again, it's way to frustrating. During normal play, I can play for 8 hours straight, never get a disconnect. Missions? Forget them. I'd love to follow the story, but it ain't worth the rage....please adjust your timeouts!

I only finished HoT once, because of the DC issue. Three different characters, and it kept crashing and crashing.

And now can't get through The Departed.And there is no way in the support interface to report that kind of problem! Not impressed as this prevents me from getting the final mount, the new stats and half the story and story progression rewards!

This happens in quite a few story instances. Main game, HOT,POF and LW stories. It is very frustrating. I stopped running characters through HOT because of this issue during the final fight. Some the instances can be very long and it usually always happens during the final cut scene. In POF they put in a few save points which helped me a few times.It has been asked many times by a lot of people in forums and support tickets to put in save points. I don't know if it is possible, but this is something that should be put into the game through all instances. It should have been there in the beginning.

Same. I currently have 2 characters that I can't progress anymore through the story due to this. Here is what I suspect. It seems to only happen to me on the long story quests. Short ones seem to be okay. It almost feels like there is something wrong with the timeout or something, like when you join these long story quests the server thinks you are inactive and disconnects you but your character continues to be playable. Then as soon as you complete the last quest you try to connect back to the server but since it thinks you are logged out, it errors out and does that. I'm not saying this is the cause, I don't have a clue, but that is what the behavior feels like to me...a timeout issue or something.

It is extremely frustrating. I stopped playing and went back to playing ESO because of it. I'm still waiting for an official "Yes this is a bug and it will be patched" in the bug notes or something and until then, I will stay away from GW2. It's too much of a bummer to have to go through 30 - 45 minutes of a quest only to be bumped at the end and have to start over.

Same here. I keep trying to finish the story To kill a God but at the end of the fight right as he is dying during the cutscene I get kicked out. Three times tonight and I'm done, lol. That fight solo is rather boring and I don't want to keep doing it. Wonder why it's doing this now. Just a month back I finished it with my main easily but here I am trying it on my alt and it just keeps crashing. Very frustrating.

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday I was doing Beast of War and was kicked out 3-4 times right at the beginning. Then upon defeating the Beast and after B-zar made his speech, To Kill a God started immediately. He was at 80% and immune to any damage. Would kill me instantly everytime when sticking his sword into the ground, no-matter where I stood on the platform. Will try again today. PS. I did get credit for the Beast of War.

I thought it was just me but apparently there are tons of people having this same exact issue....and this has been going on for 2 months now?! Cant finish the departed mission because some where in this LONG story instance I get disconnected. The fact that its long isnt a problem, but the game disconnecting at the very end of the instance is down right maddening! Especially because Arena Net has yet to include some sort of save system since they like to make the story instances LONG. when I heard that PoF had added elements like mounts to the game I was so excited! Then I heard about the griffon and being able to fly!!! TAKE MY MONEY! Iv'e done this story instance 6 times with 3 different characters and was disconnected every time right at the end. My computer and internet connection are both great. Its very upsetting because all my friends are way ahead of me now and I cant even finish the story. Now im locked out of 2 of the mounts in the game. Especially the mount that pretty much sold this expansion for me....... So sad.

• 2 months later...

The only acknowledgement I have seen for this issue is here:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23404/tech-assist-issue-i-disconnected-from-a-instance-during-a-cut-scene-or-cinematic#latest

I am having much the same experience. constantly having to do story missions over and over again is not fun at all. Arenanet however don't seem to be able to fix whatever it is that is causing this which by all accounts (and a quick google search) is happening quite a bit.

• 1 year later...