[Idea] Miniature Infusion, Embiggering Infusions, and more

Furako.4829

As the title says, but not limited to those.Some people always have one of those on, even when they're playing in open PvE and such, but have to activate them every 15 mins is annoying.We already got some cosmetic effect turning into infusions (the color changing ones, I remember the frogs in Spakfly Fen sell consumable tonics with similar effects since launch) what's if the same can be done with these tonics wich allow fighting, like Miniature, Embiggering, Koda, etc...

Much as I love special infusions, some things just work better as tonics. Auras are an ideal candidate for infusions, because they add shading/highlighting or particle effects, whereas Embiggening and Miniaturizing tonics seem like cool, temporary effects.

Tonics do present several issues that could be addressed by, um, transforming them into infusions, but there are other potential solutions:

• Duration: it's never been clear why tonic forms have a time limit and especially not why it's so short. These could be lengthened so single-use tonics last 5-10 minutes and infinite/everlasting ones actually are infinite and everlasting.
  • Convenience: currently each tonic takes up an inventory slot, meaning you have to pick from just a few to carry with you (at least, for most people). This could be addressed by things like a tonic panel (similar to finishers, storing as either individual uses or infinite).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Much as I love special infusions, some things just work better as tonics. Auras are an ideal candidate for infusions, because they add shading/highlighting or particle effects, whereas Embiggening and Miniaturizing tonics seem like cool, temporary effects.

Tonics do present several issues that could be addressed by, um, transforming them into infusions, but there are other potential solutions:

• Duration: it's never been clear why tonic forms have a time limit and especially not why it's so short. These could be lengthened so single-use tonics last 5-10 minutes and infinite/everlasting ones actually are infinite and everlasting.
  • Convenience: currently each tonic takes up an inventory slot, meaning you have to pick from just a few to carry with you (at least, for most people). This could be addressed by things like a tonic panel (similar to finishers, storing as either individual uses or infinite).

I would love beeing able to select my tonics like I do with finisher and maybe add a keybind option to activate and deactivate tonic but remove the timer so that I can even use quaggan/choja tonic whenever I want without having to blow up my inventory! 80% of my tonics are currently in my bank even though I would love to use them simply because running event's with an inventory full of tonics is highly impractical!

Yeah, I have some tonics in the bank, that I never swap out (even when I have easy bank access), because I forget about them, because I have to click them a lot, because it's just so darn tedious after a while. Some are relegated to mules because they aren't interesting enough to take up valuable bank or inventory space.

My shared slots do include the Shrink Ray, Supersizerizer, Gifty Gift, and Snowball's Chance in CoF, and wow, that's an expensive hobby to maintain.

Archived