Hotfix mirage

OP? Not sure where you get 40k. I'm pretty sure there are some classes and builds that can record 60k burst damage on a golem. I've heard about and seen it. I remember testing deadeyes in PvP golems and hitting a 40k. On the actual field what about deadeyes or power rangers that burst you down with 30k in a few secs while moving? Of course, you can reflect it with the right timing! (Though I too don't have enough reflects to keep up most of the time) When a mirage comes to burst you, out of stealth perhaps, most players will ready their stunbreak, evade, mobility, blocks, invuln, Condi cleanse . Mos t of the time my potential 30k burst tested on a golem does not land successfully. Sure I have a lot of damage as full zerk or full Condi etc just like every class designed for it. Like a one shot Weaver? Have you seen guardian bursts too? It's not op. Every class can do it. And I have been downed before by bursts. Everyone has. Gw2 combat system is about real time response and reflexes. Don't expect to run around, classes to do less damage, and not get downed if you don't do anything to survive. All that said, I think all the elite specs continue to push the power creep and it's not longer which class or class balance, it's all of it keeps inflating. Even expansion content has mobs that hit a lot harder. I think all our base vitality at least should get a boost.

@Malediktus.9250 said:In PVE it does way too much damage for the simple rotation (i believe it is 40k at golem with realistic buffs)in PvP/WvW small scale it is dominating with insane condi spam while also making you loose your target all the time, see the pvp subforum for reference

40k on a large hitbox golem with a bug. You are clueless.

Once the bug with axe ambush double hitting on large hitboxes is fixed, the class will be fine in PvE.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:In PVE it does way too much damage for the simple rotation (i believe it is 40k at golem with realistic buffs)in PvP/WvW small scale it is dominating with insane condi spam while also making you loose your target all the time, see the pvp subforum for reference

40k on a large hitbox golem with a bug. You are clueless.

Once the bug with axe ambush double hitting on large hitboxes is fixed, the class will be fine in PvE.look at the title, it literally says hotfix mirage

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:Please hotfix mirage, it is way too OP in its current form, this cant stay for a whole quarter

You want to be more specific about what's wrong or what should be changed? That would make it at least possible for someone to consider the idea.

There's a bug that allows some skills to hit large hitboxes twice, resulting in significantly higher damage than intended. This bug can be used to achieved 42k+ DPS on a mirage against a large test golem. There are also reports of the bug being reproducible on small hitboxes as well with proper positioning.

Smarter people than I have done the math and say that the build in question should lose about 7K DPS once the bug is fixed, bringing it down to around 35K on the golem. Still on the high end, but for a build that brings no group utility I find that acceptable.

Archived