How Reforged Warhound skin would have been worth 2000 GEMS

Raven.1524

They could have made you acquire a mission scroll on the gem store, and if you complete that mission you get the Reforged Warhound as a reward.A side mission with a nice lore bound to it.

Imagine if your Jackal got corrupted becoming forged or something and you had to chase it, do some other stuff, heal him and or even fight it to tame it again.

@takatsu.9416 said:It would have to be a separate mount with new abilities to be worth gems and a mission....

Personally I would like a mount that can stealth :) that would be so worth it

Yup, but that would make more controversy if a mount were to be gem gated, instead of just a skin.

Honestly if I had to spend 2000 gems to get a mission to GET the skin would've made it much worse than it is right now.And any time I hear "lore" these days, it means adding more lore junk to pile up my inventory or bank in the shape of audio or books or something.

So no, this would've made it worse. The way I see it would have been worth it is if it had the other 4 mounts in there too.

Even then though.... I personally wouldn't buy it as I don't like any of those "Balthazar horns" on any of balthazar stuff at all.

first off 2000 gems for a skin is just not worth it at all . and almost no matter how they worked that skin . still not worth it at that price. now had they try to sell it for oh say 100 gems or even 200 gems . then maybe then it might have been worth it even for those of us who do not like skins at all. but when you think it is ok to burn your bridges well you can do so but yet was it really worth it . and it only being a cosmetic skin at that #bestforbusines

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:first off 2000 gems for a skin is just not worth it at all . and almost no matter how they worked that skin . still not worth it at that price. now had they try to sell it for oh say 100 gems or even 200 gems . then maybe then it might have been worth it even for those of us who do not like skins at all. but when you think it is ok to burn your bridges well you can do so but yet was it really worth it . and it only being a cosmetic skin at that #bestforbusines

That's why I was mentioning a mission, kinda like buying a 2k gem living world story that it ends up giving a really nice mount tied to that story.

@Raven.1524 said:

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:first off 2000 gems for a skin is just not worth it at all . and almost no matter how they worked that skin . still not worth it at that price. now had they try to sell it for oh say 100 gems or even 200 gems . then maybe then it might have been worth it even for those of us who do not like skins at all. but when you think it is ok to burn your bridges well you can do so but yet was it really worth it . and it only being a cosmetic skin at that #bestforbusines

That's why I was mentioning a mission, kinda like buying a 2k gem living world story that it ends up giving a really nice mount tied to that story.

Still for just one mount SKIN, can't see it.Way too close to PoF's price. I can see if it was like as you said "2k Gem living world story", they should give one new mount. It doesn't even need to be unique except maybe it's attack. It could be a clone of one of the others in movements, but either way should be a new mount. 2000 for a single skin is eh.

@takatsu.9416 said:It would have to be a separate mount with new abilities to be worth gems and a mission....

Personally I would like a mount that can stealth :) that would be so worth it

LOL you just don't want to deal with the atrocity that is the PoF mob swarms that aggro all the way from Timbuktu and follow you to Antartica.

@Raven.1524 said:They could have made you acquire a mission scroll on the gem store, and if you complete that mission you get the Reforged Warhound as a reward.A side mission with a nice lore bound to it.

Imagine if your Jackal got corrupted becoming forged or something and you had to chase it, do some other stuff, heal him and or even fight it to tame it again.

The reforged warhound is absolutely terrible. I have it, and still chose one of the other jackal skins over it. Save your gems... seriously. It has a stiff, wooden run. And it causes tremendous fps loss... with 4th of July sparklers continually streaming out the sides, and a teleport animation that's blinding.

Remember the geomancer glider (the big, obnoxious, flaming rock)? This is the mount version of the geomancer glider.

Yeah. I think I'm being fair in thinking that a skin of this quality could have been 1000 gems, or even maybe 1200 gems, but 2000 gem is is just - too - much. And no, I wouldn't want a mission attached, because then you'd basically be making that mission locked behind a paywall, and I don't like missions being locked out.

@Ohoni.6057 said:Yeah. I think I'm being fair in thinking that a skin of this quality could have been 1000 gems, or even maybe 1200 gems, but 2000 gem is is just - too - much. And no, I wouldn't want a mission attached, because then you'd basically be making that mission locked behind a paywall, and I don't like missions being locked out.

Isn't that technically living story if you missed out on the month(s) they were released?

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Ohoni.6057 said:Yeah. I think I'm being fair in thinking that a skin of this quality could have been 1000 gems, or even maybe 1200 gems, but 2000 gem is is just - too - much. And no, I wouldn't want a mission attached, because then you'd basically be making that mission locked behind a paywall, and I don't like missions being locked out.

Isn't that technically living story if you missed out on the month(s) they were released?

IF you missed out on the month of release. Who would do that? ;) Yeah, I don't mind if players have to pay for story if they missed out on a free period or something, but I would object if the only way to access it was to pay in.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:

@Raven.1524 said:They could have made you acquire a mission scroll on the gem store, and if you complete that mission you get the Reforged Warhound as a reward.A side mission with a nice lore bound to it.

The reforged warhound is absolutely terrible. I have it, and still chose one of the other jackal skins over it. Save your gems... seriously. It has a stiff, wooden run. And it causes tremendous fps loss... with 4th of July sparklers continually streaming out the sides, and a teleport animation that's blinding.

Remember the geomancer glider (the big, obnoxious, flaming rock)? This is the mount version of the geomancer glider.

Well, to be honest... They can't release a skin like that and also release a husky one and expect us to choose the balthazar one over the husky =3

The skin basically looks like something you'd expect as an expansion preorder bonus. How the hell could you justify a mount skin being almost equal in value to the price of the whole expansion itself? It's ludicrous what people can believe nowadays even when the context is literally in front of them.

They'de make it like the Living world stories, if you logging within 2 weeks(or more? not sure) of the release, you get the mission for free. otherwise you will have to pay for them with gems.I think i remember them mentioning they don't want to gate lore behind a "paywall" or something of the sort, correct me on that if i'm wrong.

Archived