Nerfed SB, but not Scourge?

Bear on the job.6273

The SB nerf was expected, and justified. Especially the increased cooldown on Full Counter. But I'm really confused how ANet could nerf one class, but not the other. And actually, with the bug fixes to Scourge, I think they actually got a buff to damage?

I generally play 5 different classes in PvP, including SB and Scourge. Core Guardian is my main, and on all the classes I play, Scourge is easily the worst matchup. I ended last season at plat 3, and I just don't get the logic here. I don't think Scourge needs to be nerfed into the ground, but it seems so obvious how powerful it is right now, how could they not tweak it in the balance patch. I'm just venting but it blows my mind.

@Jeknar.6184 said:On top of that, Scourges are currently corrupting 4 boons instead of only 2 with Path of Corruption. I was thinking about playing some spvp on my holo, but I supose I'll just scourge my way through the pip track this season.

It's because two are corrupted in AoE around the scourge, two are corrupted by AoE around shade. If you're within both AoEs, you get both corruptions. Not certain if intended or not.

Honestly I am getting to the point were I wished they would just block off the scourge traitline until they can figure out what to do.Mirage, firebrand (support) are all fine in my opinion and you can get around them. The scourge: Get conditions --> Remove Conditions --> Get instantly new conditions --> Die / remove conditions --> new conditions --> Die

Had matches with 2 scourges in it on the other team = 1 person instantly goes AFK on my team.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:On top of that, Scourges are currently corrupting 4 boons instead of only 2 with Path of Corruption. I was thinking about playing some spvp on my holo, but I supose I'll just scourge my way through the pip track this season.

It's because two are corrupted in AoE around the scourge, two are corrupted by AoE around shade. If you're within both AoEs, you get both corruptions. Not certain if intended or not.

I don't think those are intended, all effects that come from shades or yourself are not supposed to stack.

@Halbarz.3854 said:Honestly I am getting to the point were I wished they would just block off the scourge traitline until they can figure out what to do.Mirage, firebrand (support) are all fine in my opinion and you can get around them. The scourge: Get conditions --> Remove Conditions --> Get instantly new conditions --> Die / remove conditions --> new conditions --> Die

Had matches with 2 scourges in it on the other team = 1 person instantly goes AFK on my team.

I think that's the main issue with Scourge, there is no rhythm to their burst. With Firebrand, it's obvious when they are gonna burst and use the fire tome, and there is a considerable cooldown before they do it again. With Mirage it is less obvious, but you can still tell when they are bursting shatters, and you can cleanse/avoid it and continue the fight.

With Scourge though, there is no rhythm or down time. It's just constant burst if you are within the AOE of the shades, or really in range of the Scourge at all. I've tried running a full cleanse/convert, a 5-cleanse, another 5-cleanse, and 2-cleanse on my guardian, and it doesn't matter. I see the condis building on me but they are non-damaging condis, so I'll wait for the Scourge to burst me with torment and burning, and I full cleanse. Instantly have all the condis back (probably from corruption), so I use a 5-cleanse. That's usually enough to full cleanse me, but then I have full condi stacks back again almost instantly. Use my second 5-cleanse, and I am ok for maybe 5 seconds while the condis build back up. Use my 2-cleanse and try to LOS the scourge, but LOS doesn't matter with them because everything is a large ground AOE and it hits you through walls and around corners.

There's just no good time to counter and attack a Scourge. I've tried a lot of strategies, trying to bait out their burst, then cleanse and pressure them back. But you just can't because their is no downtime to their burst. I don't know how to address this unless you change the core mechanics of how shades work.

There's just no good time to counter and attack a Scourge. I've tried a lot of strategies, trying to bait out their burst, then cleanse and pressure them back. But you just can't because their is no downtime to their burst. I don't know how to address this unless you change the core mechanics of how shades work.

I agree with this, especially as a melee. As a guardian, I can cleanse with almost every skill I have, but I never seems like its enough. The sad part is Scourge has a very hard counter, long range. And to them, that sort of thing feels exactly how we feel. For scourge, it's shaft with no impunity, or be shafted with no way out. That is the essence of the imbalance around scourge.

Scourge has been nerfed more than Spellbreaker since PoF released actually.

Nefarious Favor had its cooldown increased by 60%Sand Shades no longer stack effectsDesert Shroud doesn't pulse Dhuumfire any moreSand Shade duration was reduced by 50%

Currently it's just Nefarious Favor being bugged and corrupting 4 boons rather than 2 that's a problem.

@Aktium.9506 said:Scourge has been nerfed more than Spellbreaker since PoF released actually.

Nefarious Favor had its cooldown increased by 60%Sand Shades no longer stack effectsDesert Shroud doesn't pulse Dhuumfire any moreSand Shade duration was reduced by 50%

Currently it's just Nefarious Favor being bugged and corrupting 4 boons rather than 2 that's a problem.no scourge is still way overbearing.

@Jackalrat.5493 said:In all the "Nerf Scourge" threads I've seen, I think I've seen like 2-3 people saying it doesn't need a nerf. Mostly people are demanding it be nerfed, and even those playing it are saying it's low risk high reward and just too strong.

I personally find them to be obnoxiously overpowered.

BECOME AS GODS!

@Crinn.7864 said:no scourge is still way overbearing.

I don't disagree with you. They can't really do much to Scourge in it's current state without making it useless though. Scourge's only real defense is it's immense offensive capabilities. Without enough pressure to severely punish players getting up in your face the spec will just fall flat on its face. I suppose they could fully commit to making Scourge a support spec like it was intended to be. I just don't see a big rework like that happening to be honest.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Luckily it is a support spec. If it was a damage spec it would be hell.

Kinda,if you kill everything coming close,you are supporting others,no?I find pulsing condie+dmg+corupt+barier aoe+cleansing to be a great support :).In this regard,scourge is better support than reaper,which is better support than necro.But hey,some scourge will find his way here,and say they neeeed it,otherwise they would be just reaper-necro level of support,which is unthinkable!!So all in all,devs didnt lied,scourge is a support :)

They miss some party heal though...> @KaporHabakuk.6219 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Luckily it is a support spec. If it was a damage spec it would be hell.

Kinda,if you kill everything coming close,you are supporting others,no?I find pulsing condie+dmg+corupt+barier aoe+cleansing to be a great support :).In this regard,scourge is better support than reaper,which is better support than necro.But hey,some scourge will find his way here,and say they neeeed it,otherwise they would be just reaper-necro level of support,which is unthinkable!!So all in all,devs didnt lied,scourge is a support :)

Archived