I need Pvp and Wvw advice...please

Damocles.4908

This was kinda hard for me to admit but I need advice, I have been playing core warrior since core gw2 for pvp and now with all the changes, I just cant keep up with whats going on... I enjoy using sword/ shield or dual sword (with dual agility) and a rifle (sometimes bow). I use stances with bull charge or something else for cc or precision. The idea is to do good base/ crit damage with swapping from range to close combat and doing some condi damage to touph targets. I really want to be a different warrior, in terms of custom builds but am I truly putting myself at a really bad disadvantage? I someto

I mostly see warriors with greatsword and dagger and shield ( I don't have PoF) so what makes it so popular and I do understand that a greatsword does very high melee damage, and is healing signet better than other healing abilities? Should I rather favor extra defense over ferocity? Is WvW 1v1 any different to a PvP 1v1? Is toughness more important than Vitality? should I perhap try ramjetting condi on a target without power (quickly stacking constant burn and bleed)...any other advice will be appreciated with regards to player vs player

OKay to many questions here that don't have any impact on these modes.

Decide what kinda weapons and damage you wanna use, then we can go from there per each mode.

So for wvsw, you want to do power based damage or condi based damage? If you want to do both you are limiting urself quite a bit, but its possible.

@Cerby.1069 said:OKay to many questions here that don't have any impact on these modes.

Decide what kinda weapons and damage you wanna use, then we can go from there per each mode.

So for wvsw, you want to do power based damage or condi based damage? If you want to do both you are limiting urself quite a bit, but its possible.

I'd like to do both but favor base damage more as the rifle lacks condition damage, I use it mostly to lay quick damage or to avoid aoe damage (push back and roll back), the bleed is easily removed so I don't want to be too dependent on it but I have seen some benefits to it, particularly against stick and hitters and those with who block/ dodge alot. I dunno way I am a fan of swords...just am

Right so with a rifle, ur limited to power builds. There is a rifle condi build but its not overly satisfying to play imo.

So a power build that uses rifle.

NExt would be determining the kind of role/functions you want ur build to do in wvsw. Do you want a build that can do everything? DO you want a build that is just for solo work.....just for group work? just for zerg work? Do you want to focus mainly suppport? Are you cool with fighting people for a long time or do you want short quick fights.... so a sniper type build vs a more durable tank type build.

If the answer is support, then you are going to need to go spellbreaker one way or another. Then you are looking at something that uses the winds of change ultimate or whatever its called....dome thing.

If you want something that does everything and/or just solo work.....welll you are limited to berserker since rifle lacks the functionality to do solo work without gunflame.

So we can cross vanilla warrior off the list already. Ur gonna be taking one of the 2 elites, so that's 1/3 traitlines chosen already.

Another question is how competent do you feel with warrior atm? If you feel you are getting killed alot and need some room to learn, then you want defense line no doubt. So that would be 2/3 traitlines.

@Cerby.1069 said:Right so with a rifle, ur limited to power builds. There is a rifle condi build but its not overly satisfying to play imo.

So a power build that uses rifle.

NExt would be determining the kind of role/functions you want ur build to do in wvsw. Do you want a build that can do everything? DO you want a build that is just for solo work.....just for group work? just for zerg work? Do you want to focus mainly suppport? Are you cool with fighting people for a long time or do you want short quick fights.... so a sniper type build vs a more durable tank type build.

If the answer is support, then you are going to need to go spellbreaker one way or another. Then you are looking at something that uses the winds of change ultimate or whatever its called....dome thing.

If you want something that does everything and/or just solo work.....welll you are limited to berserker since rifle lacks the functionality to do solo work without gunflame.

So we can cross vanilla warrior off the list already. Ur gonna be taking one of the 2 elites, so that's 1/3 traitlines chosen already.

Another question is how competent do you feel with warrior atm? If you feel you are getting killed alot and need some room to learn, then you want defense line no doubt. So that would be 2/3 traitlines.

In terms of traits, I have def, arms and discipline. I just find that in combat that those who can regen heal fast and constant outlast me like Sb, druids and eles, against burst dps and even condi I'm okay. I have a few tricks when playing warrior but never anything that would be very explosive...other than kill shot combined with final thrust and impale or shield bash

I guess I will have to use berserker, won't I?, never really used it before to be honest. Always played core

Archived