Can't even play my $99.99 purchase due to "FULL" servers... wtf?!

I purchased this game under the impression I could hop into WvW with my friends on their server... alas I purchase the game with Paypal... install, go to find their server... "Full."

Wtf? I can't just play on another server or else I'll never be able to WvW pvp with my guildmates from another game... the only reason I even bought this game.

slow clap Nice work, ANet. Great stuff, real great stuff.

@Cannibowl.5427 said:I purchased this game under the impression I could hop into WvW with my friends on their server... alas I purchase the game with Paypal... install, go to find their server... "Full."

kitten? I can't just play on another server or else I'll never be able to WvW pvp with my guildmates from another game... the only reason I even bought this game.

slow clap Nice work, ANet. Great stuff, real great stuff.

I understand it is frustrating, but if you keep an eye on the population of the world you can swap there or start there - it's a bit of a wait to try and get onto the high-population servers, I've tried myself and it simply doesn't work.

Although, WvW is the only limitation you have - outside of WvW you can continue to play with your friends as normal but as you said you didn't buy the game for that. I hope you get onto the world you want but this is out of ArenaNet's control since there is a good reason to have population limitations on worlds.

I hope you get in at some point, good luck and welcome to the game; if you can't get in, I'm sure the support team would refund you.

It's a shame your Guildmates didn't inform you that their server was full before purchase. It would have been thoughtful. Depending on the Server, which is not indicated, the wait to get on could be as little as 1 day (resets on Fridays) to several months. If posted, someone may be able to help pin down the time to wait.

Good luck.

Server status changes all the time, the full part of it refers to the WvW population, like it has been stated wait until Friday reset and see if the status changes, certain server link ups make people move about,

However it is going to depend on exactly what server your friends are on, as some servers on EU/NA will always seem to show full, as the tend to be top tier WvW servers.

@Ashantara.8731 said:There is usually a waiting queue. As soon as you reach the end of it, you are connected to the server of your choice. Is that different on NA servers?

I've been on both EU and NA servers, my account was created on NA and I swapped several times; I was never put into a waiting list - but your idea could actually be quite a good suggestion to have.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:Have your friends ever transferred servers since they got Heart Of Thorns? Many counts are eligible for one free transfer.

I never used a free transfer and I wasn't eligible for one with a paid account when I wanted to use it. I don't think that offer is still valid.

@Inoki.6048 said:

@hellsqueen.3045 said:Have your friends ever transferred servers since they got Heart Of Thorns? Many counts are eligible for one free transfer.

Do your research on a good WvW server that is less populated and get you and your friends to all move. Simple as that.

I never used a free transfer and I wasn't eligible for one with a paid account when I wanted to use it. I don't think that offer is still valid.

Ahh. Well I do know that a gem transfer doesn't cost THAT much, so surely OP's WvW friends could afford a transfer and OP doesn't need to make a server choice until they all agree on one.

• 4 weeks later...

Which server is it that is full? If it is black gate then it will probably not open in a very long time. That one is overflowing with people at the moment and probably wont open for a while. If it is maguuma or fort aspenwood they do open periodically. Jade quarry and yaks bend open but it is very rare for them. Your best bet would be to have your friends to transfer to a server yall can all be on. Or you can check the servers every week to see if the one you need is open.

Archived