Spent 37 BL Keys and didn't get Hydra Staff

Draco.9480

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard it's still there, but don't quote me on that.Can't remember if it was the wiki or arenanet or someone that said that it's still there, but uncommon.

I already have one and I'm not sure if I can get doubles... and even if I could, I want none of the current chest exclusives and really don't want to get stuck with one when I can't even give it away.

@Draco.9480 said:So thanks to anet I lost over 500g for nothing. The gambling stuff is so horrible in zis game. How to drain money from people. Good I didn't pay real money cuz it would go to the trashcan for no reason.In this case I will assume you are not trolling, so:You lost over 500g thanks to yourself. You bet, you lost. Your money, your choice. Don't gamble, you won't lose.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:

@Draco.9480 said:So thanks to anet I lost over 500g for nothing. The gambling stuff is so horrible in zis game. How to drain money from people. Good I didn't pay real money cuz it would go to the trashcan for no reason.In this case I will assume you are not trolling, so:You lost over 500g thanks to yourself. You bet, you lost. Your money, your choice. Don't gamble, you won't lose.

I want that Hydra Staff badly. some friends got it on 1st and 2nd try. How am I any worse? Why can't I get it like 'em? Why to give it to lucky people and not me? Am I less of a player?

@CharterforGw.3149 said:and people are complaining about the mount skins, whilst stuff like this has been in the game all along...BL chests are way worse than the mount skins

The only difference here is you can do the chests with very little hassle and 100% for free.Of course if you're in a rush or hasty, you can go the pay route.

@Draco.9480 said:So thanks to anet I lost over 500g for nothing. The gambling stuff is so horrible in zis game. How to drain money from people. Good I didn't pay real money cuz it would go to the trashcan for no reason.

The fault is yours since you didn't check the preview first.Every time the granted loot changes, rewards do also change.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Draco.9480 said:So thanks to anet I lost over 500g for nothing. The gambling stuff is so horrible in zis game. How to drain money from people. Good I didn't pay real money cuz it would go to the trashcan for no reason.

The fault is yours since you didn't check the preview first.Every time the granted loot changes, rewards do also change.

I think that 500 gold was before the update.Even stated he planned on buying more but saw it was not there in the preview no more.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:

I think that 500 gold was before the update.Even stated he planned on buying more but saw it was not there in the preview no more.

Yuk, missed that part.

lol some people are blessed by luck and some aren't. It took me 97 keys to get the zaishen helm when it came out, and I was mad at myself for wasting that much money, but after I crossed the $50 mark I couldn't go back, I was to invested lol. But meh I knew the risk so that's on me, gotta be prepared for it.

Thanks to Anet?

It takes two to tango. Dont want to lose at gambling? Dont gamble.

I dislike the gamble box system, but it would likely go away if people didnt buy into it. By buying all of those keys you wasted youe gold, and contributed to making the game less enjoyable for some portion of the remainder of the player base.

I usually buy 5 blc keys when there is an interesting (to me) change in the loot tables.This time I got the Hydra Staff on the second key. Irony is it was not what I wanted to get, and I don't have any character who could use it. And I cant sell it either. So, what good luck means is different for everyone.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

Dude, I did preview it. I spent it when it was still there. I asked If i can get somehow now since it's gone after halloween.

@CharterforGw.3149 said:and people are complaining about the mount skins, whilst stuff like this has been in the game all along...BL chests are way worse than the mount skins

To be fair people have been complaining about this stuff or them having account bound BL Weapons too but a lot of people don't seem to care that much about it so the complaints weren't as loud. A lot of people care about the new mount skins.

I think the whole mount skins debacle is actually the last straw for a lot of people, and it's not just about the skins and that system, but also about the exclusives that are hidden behind RNG lootbox constructions in general.

Archived