Disable Path of Corruption now

Chaith.8256

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe this is the very first time I've seen you call a class OP. I'm guessing that the extreme close damage was justified by the DE long range damage.. one supposed to counter the other.

Scourge is the new trap DH. It's OP, but I'd guess it will take 2-3 seasons to get it tuned. My expectations were pretty low anyway.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I believe this is the very first time I've seen you call a class OP. I'm guessing that the extreme close damage was justified by the DE long range damage.. one supposed to counter the other.

Scourge is the new trap DH. It's OP, but I'd guess it will take 2-3 seasons to get it tuned. My expectations were pretty low anyway.

It's not 'OP' it's glitched, what the hell are you on about

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I believe this is the very first time I've seen you call a class OP. I'm guessing that the extreme close damage was justified by the DE long range damage.. one supposed to counter the other.

So much for olive branches.

@TexZero.7910 said:I don't think this is a bug due to the way NF is worded. Also, unless there's some separation which i doubt all the scourge skills can be cast without a shade and use the necro as a target much like mesmer's shatter.

1.) ArenaNet on record saying that shade abilities hit once per target despite any amount of shades and the scourge being in range, this is to avoid 'stacking' and more 'playing the field'

2.) My OP was very short, I said with NO SHADE it corrupts 4 base. The trait says that it corrupts 2 boons with Shroud #2.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

So much for olive branches.

I appreciate the banter but what you said about deadeye damage and unintended Scourge bugs being entertwined, it's nonsense, don't make me the bad guy here :expressionless:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:I don't think this is a bug due to the way NF is worded. Also, unless there's some separation which i doubt all the scourge skills can be cast without a shade and use the necro as a target much like mesmer's shatter.

1.) ArenaNet on record saying that shade abilities hit once per target despite any amount of shades and the scourge being in range, this is to avoid 'stacking' and more 'playing the field'

2.) My OP was very short, I said with NO SHADE it corrupts 4 base. The trait says that it corrupts 2 boons with Shroud #2.

You're right, i got the functionality backwards of shroud 2. It should be 2, if it's doing 4 it's cause for a fix.

are you sure he's not using anything else besides nefarious favor?only 2 boons corrupted from nefarious favor, not 4, afaik. the scourge acts as a shade themselves, without the need of another shade surrounded.but if they have enfeebling blood traited (highly doubt since parasitic contagion is too good to pass), and shroud activated, that'll be 3 boons base without questioning. any other utilities including the healing utility, sand flare, would add another boon corrupted.if nothing like that, it's too far from number 4, so gg. lol

@Hex.2579 said:are you sure he's not using anything else besides nefarious favor?only 2 boons corrupted from nefarious favor, not 4, afaik. the scourge acts as a shade themselves, without the need of another shade surrounded.but if they have enfeebling blood traited (highly doubt since parasitic contagion is too good to pass), and shroud activated, that'll be 3 boons base without questioning. any other utilities including the healing utility, sand flare, would add another boon corrupted.if nothing like that, it's too far from number 4, so gg. lol

Just test it for yourself, we're not just discovering that the Scourge acts as a shade, I mentioned that to disclude any possibility of a shade & scourge stacking bug, the bug is purely with the trait, and Path of Corruption needs to be disabled now.

They should not disable path of corruption. They just need to figure out how to make shade/skills interact with shroud traits properly. It's kind of sort of why other games have test servers. And also it helps if they learn to read so they can fix bugs that are announced during beta tests and stuff. A bit of a jab but not completely unwarranted.

@Justine.6351 said:They should not disable path of corruption. They just need to figure out how to make shade/skills interact with shroud traits properly. It's kind of sort of why other games have test servers. And also it helps if they learn to read so they can fix bugs that are announced during beta tests and stuff. A bit of a jab but not completely unwarranted.

They know how to make it work as intended, it was clearly just broken in a mini patch. It's been working as intended properly between launch and yesterday.

This is why it needs a sudden disable or hotfix

Archived