Mender still the best option for Meta Druid?

beatthedown.2651

For clarification: I'm talking about the widely used tanky Druid build and it's variants for High Gold/Platinum and above.

What do you guys think of cele and avatar amulet? I tried out both and I did pretty ok. Cele against offfensive physical comps and avatar against tanky comps would my strategy.

Are we finally able to swap amulets or do you guys think Mender is still the best?

I'm currently gold 3, about 2 wins away from cracking plat this season. I still run the menders amulet, but to get a little more killing power I've gone back to using the bristleback instead of an electric wyvern. As soon as I'm about to set up for a burst, I swap to bristle, and hit f2 and warhorn 5. It cuts through blocks quite nicely, and helps me force more errors, which I in turn exploit with quickness and sword autos. I'm finally able to scare some firebrands and spellbreakers off node, often outright killing them between constant poison, muddy terrain, and the unblockable burst.

I think I'd prefer celestial myself, as I'm a pretty defensive player overall. I'll give these a shot in unranked and see how they go.

@Pvt Frosty.6973 said:I would say celestial is probably the most effective, especially with how easily you get might now as a druid.

Currently does seem to work best for me in queues

Ya should make video of Cele Druid, would be interesting to see where its stands these days. I personally won't be playing druid again it's been done for so long now it's not even interesting anymore.

Yeah I've been having the debate of Menders/Avatar/Celestial Amulet myself.

I've been under the impression that the power damage that power specs bring is so crazy that the better defensive stat split from Celestial doesn't make much of a difference.

I'm not sure yet if Avatar is worth trading the Healing Power for either.

Any insight is sure to help.

@Nicknobreak.7543 said:YES! Stick with menders, and especially water runes. I've found these especially useful with all the conditions and my teammates always appreciate the healing in matches. Keep in mind it won't be ideal for EVERY Matchup but at least for a majority it will work

I wouldn't immediately throw away the idea of running Leadership Runes and swapping to Entangle in this meta for water runes. With corrupts being almost as spammable as condis are and the way teamfights typically look, the added defensive benefit could definitely be argued for.

That's neither here nor there though I suppose. Although Menders + Leadership is much closer to Avatar + Water statwise, which is partially the reason I wanted to reopen the topic to discussion.

@ninjambo.3784 said:Menders is still the meta. Avatar or Celestial might work on lower tier matches, but then again basically anything works at lower tiers.

Well like I said above, Celestial is working pretty good for me and I'm currently at 1818 rating. I agree that in games where the enemies majority of damage is condition menders is still superior, but in games where you do have a good power spread, cele is pretty good (and in the games I play there is always at least an engi or rev or thief in there).

going entangle+leadership is a good alternative to sotp+water, however in that case you will also want to switch out your search and rescue trait for the bonus healing power as your resses are pretty inconsequential without stability. (note: you will want to switch out the res anyway if there are too many necros on the other team)

@Pvt Frosty.6973 said:

@ninjambo.3784 said:Menders is still the meta. Avatar or Celestial might work on lower tier matches, but then again basically anything works at lower tiers.

Well like I said above, Celestial is working pretty good for me and I'm currently at 1818 rating. I agree that in games where the enemies majority of damage is condition menders is still superior, but in games where you do have a good power spread, cele is pretty good (and in the games I play there is always at least an engi or rev or thief in there).

going entangle+leadership is a good alternative to sotp+water, however in that case you will also want to switch out your search and rescue trait for the bonus healing power as your resses are pretty inconsequential without stability. (note: you will want to switch out the res anyway if there are too many necros on the other team)

Yeah a good majority of my matches look something like Scourge/Scourge/Firebrand/x/x where x = Daredevil, Mirage, Chrono, Spellbreaker, DH, Druid, Soulbeast, Holosmith etc you get the point, 2 damage dealers.

That's why in those situations I was wondering if I should just run defensive and Menders.

I guess my philosophy is that I already am forced to range a Scourge to beat it, so I shouldn't really have to build to account for fighting on point with them when I can win with positioning, so then I'm mostly building for mobility for rotations, contributing to teamfights, and dealing with getting +1'd.

At first I thought Celestial would be a good answer to the stat split, but in practice I didn't even notice the extra stats from the stat split, although I did notice the difference in Healing Power, and I felt I was being melted all the same, which is why I wanted to come and ask.

Everyday I'm getting closer to a staff/lb build though. This meta feels like being in melee range is suicide.

Edit: I guess I should actually frame that I'm asking a question lol.

Just wondering what your take on Menders vs Celestial ultimately is?

My personal preference definately leans towards staff/longbow with menders. Your healing power is your main defensive (but also supportive!) attribute, and reducing it by taking another amulet doesn't feel right nor effective. The gap of healing power between mender and celestial is quite huge; some extra thoughness (and even less vitality also) is not making up for it.On the offensive side of things:460 power, 460 precision, 460 ferocity (1380) vs 1050 power and 560 precision (1610). Quite some difference as well. I didnt take into account the condi dmg from celestial, but yeah, that few bleed and poision stacks arent particularly game changing. Especially not with everyone running quite some condi cleanses now.

Its good though, I like to see that people consider multiple builds viable. This wasnt possible for a long time.

Archived