Retribution trait line rethink

messiah.1908

after invocation changes which mainly reduce bit the burst dmg over sustain dmg and the nrg gain from legend swap it seems that there is no reason to take retribution line and even jalis legend.

so what can be change to make this trait line valuable again.

first jalis acts as sustain dmg/bunker theme. retribution trait emphasis it through dmg mitigation. but this alone from the beginning havent get jalis and retribution line any charm.

so what can be done to jalis

jalis use the hammer which is range attack and slow one which is easy to interrupt or dodge and strafe.

hammer
hammer bolt - 0.75 cat time. like the warrior and guard longbow. also if possible make the dmg the closer you are the more dmg you done.so 900-1200 - 388 dmg600-900 - 488 dmgbelow 600 - 588 dmgCoalescence of Ruin - reduce cd to 3 sec and cast time to 0.5 sec. its has 5 nrg already while other hammer/longbow has 5 or 6 sec without nrg.Phase Smash - its a leap so the beginning should be leap and the end blast finisher. also could be reduce cd to 7 sec.Field of the Mists - cast time 0.5. and should reflect projectile.Drop the Hammer - 1 sec cast time and animation as its too easy to avoid it and interrupt it. like warrior hammer.

dwarfInspiring Reinforcement - dmg should buff by 20%. nrg reduce to 25. also proc swiftness for 3 sec each pulse.Forced Engagement - dmg buff by 100%. slow should be 5 sec.Vengeful Hammers - after 5 sec delay when you use Release Hammers you blast the area doing aoe dmg of 2k and aoe barrier of 2k.Rite of the Great Dwarf - 50% condition dmg mitigation base.

reributionEnduring Recovery - 33% increase

Planar Protection - duration 5 sec (could be reflect i wish)Close Quarters - range above 360 10% dmg reduction and below 360 you do 10% more dmg.Improved Aggression - retaliation duration increase to 5 sec. and taunt duration increase to 100% . its not like we can spam those skills.

the idea here is to choose between block projectile, dmg mitigation or dmg buff

Eye for an Eye - protection duration should be 8 sec. icd 30 sec.Retaliatory Evasion - gain also might for 5 secDwarven Battle Training - if you foe is weaken and health above 50% you take less 10% dmg. if you foe weaken and below 50% hp you do 10% more dmg.

the idea here is to choose between interrupt, more dmg buff, or dmg mitigation

Vicious Reprisal -atm you dont get much might from it as retaliation duration is too low and mainly come from dodge. so with its 1 sec icd we should get 3 stack of might. (in pve you already get 25 might faster even without this trait)Versed in Stone - RotGD give barrier 1k for each ally around you.Steadfast Rejuvenation - add regeneration for 2 sec when you hit

the idea here is to choose between dmg buff, self sustain (250 healing per sec with no healing attribute), or aoe dmg mitigation

with those changes jalis can play real bunker and unti-dmg support.

I'd recommend vipers everything. Invocation, corruption, renegade. With mace/axe - shortbow. Using Mallyx/Kala.

I have every class maxed and geared, and I've played all game modes sense launch, and condi renegade is my absolute favorite play style of anything in the game. (even though it's a little weak against condi. But I so don't care. The fun outweighs the weakness.)

Hammer could use some clean up but you're insane if you think it needs buffs. Maybe at best it could use a better cast time on field of the mists.

But lower CD on phase smash? We are lucky it hasn't gotten increased to 10sec.Short cast time on drop the hammer? Lucky that skill hasn't been mechanically nerfed or something simple like 1sec kd nerf.The last thing CoR needs is a lower CD.

@Justine.6351 said:Hammer could use some clean up but you're insane if you think it needs buffs. Maybe at best it could use a better cast time on field of the mists.

But lower CD on phase smash? We are lucky it hasn't gotten increased to 10sec.Short cast time on drop the hammer? Lucky that skill hasn't been mechanically nerfed or something simple like 1sec kd nerf.The last thing CoR needs is a lower CD.

comapre the massive nrg to warrior or guardian range weapon and you see revenant is weaker with both nrg and cd demands.i just want it to be par with others.

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:I'd recommend vipers everything. Invocation, corruption, renegade. With mace/axe - shortbow. Using Mallyx/Kala.

I have every class maxed and geared, and I've played all game modes sense launch, and condi renegade is my absolute favorite play style of anything in the game. (even though it's a little weak against condi. But I so don't care. The fun outweighs the weakness.)

have fun in pve. for pvp and wvw (roaming use) we need a big changes

@messiah.1908 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Hammer could use some clean up but you're insane if you think it needs buffs. Maybe at best it could use a better cast time on field of the mists.

comapre the massive nrg to warrior or guardian range weapon and you see revenant is weaker with both nrg and cd demands.i just want it to be par with others.

Erm, it has 2 skills with 5e cost with the other 2 at 10e. 2 of its skills are below 10sec cd with the other 2 at 12 and 15. Rev Hammer is a pretty cheap spammable weapon with solid skills. Just compare it to the other hammer skills from other professions. Those skills all have longer cool downs per slot.

@Justine.6351 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

Erm, it has 2 skills with 5e cost with the other 2 at 10e. 2 of its skills are below 10sec cd with the other 2 at 12 and 15. Rev Hammer is a pretty cheap spammable weapon with solid skills. Just compare it to the other hammer skills from other professions. Those skills all have longer cool downs per slot.

hammer is range so compare it to range weapon.warrior longbow : AA 0.75 (rev 1), skill 2 0.25 and 6 sec (rev 0.75 and 4 sec +5 nrg), skill 3 0.75 10 sec (rev 1.25, 5 nrg 8 sec)..... and so on

5 nrg = 1 sec . so basically we have 1 sec less cd on higher activation time weapon. while our utilities cost more and we back the nrg problem again.

hammer need much faster activation time.

@messiah.1908 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

hammer is range so compare it to range weapon.warrior longbow : AA 0.75 (rev 1), skill 2 0.25 and 6 sec (rev 0.75 and 4 sec +5 nrg), skill 3 0.75 10 sec (rev 1.25, 5 nrg 8 sec)..... and so on

5 nrg = 1 sec . so basically we have 1 sec less cd on higher activation time weapon. while our utilities cost more and we back the nrg problem again.

I actually main hammer rev. Trust me, any buff would just turn into a nerf down the road.

@Justine.6351 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@messiah.1908 said:

I actually main hammer rev. Trust me, any buff would just turn into a nerf down the road.

you mean wvw or pve but not pvp . trust me any buff wont change a thing to a rev state.

Archived