Apparently I suck with scrapper.

STIHL.2489

Ok, well, I am dying to thief's, mesmers, and necros, and when I expressed this, I was told it was a L2P issue, and that WvW balance was fine.

Alright, so.. can anyone direct me to a good roaming scrapper build, and maybe some guides on how to play it,

So far.. everything I have found on Meta-Battle has shown "good" at best, not Meta, just "good", and that is not building my confidence, and from what I read, the best thing about scrappers are their ability to revive people, so.. looking for how I can survive and win fights with a scrapper,

I am looking for a Roaming Scapper Build, and, advice/video's on how to play it.. because.. Obviously if a thief can kill me on a scrapper, I need to L2P.

And here I am.. looking to L2P.

I would recommend, checking out YouTube, search for GW2 Scrapper Roaming and watch through several of those. YouTube search up some guides on there as well. It's where I myself, look up, "How-to's", ect.

I can say when I used to roam as a Scrapper, that it is very important to make use of your ability to gain superspeed, using your combo fields, and timing abilities. Because if I where to just blow through my skills, I would be dead, but if I took my time and really concentrated on using skills properly and making use of my combo fields, I was golden and won very often.

Honestly, with all the Scourges and Spellbreaker out there, I don't think Scrapper is viable anymore. But anyway, here:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTBVXhFYBubBEqiF2iCMEPxAgO4H+kXsjqinA-j1BGQBrTHA62fIAPAAAcBAioSQCq8LQq/QKgAnpB-w

This is what I played on Scrapper during HoT. It deal a fair ammount of damage while being relatively tanky. It have a high protection uptime and permanent swiftness in combat (Which mean you'll have Rapid Regeneration ticking constantly). I used to run it with Elixir S instead of C, but when the condition meta started to creep in I changed both Elixir S for C and Self Regulating Defenses for Backpack Regenerator.

Back then, the only builds that would give me trouble were Condi Reapers, Condi Daredevils and a good Medi Trapper Dragonhunter. But I'm not sure this build would fare well against the majority of the PoF specs, principally the boonhate ones like Scourge and Spellbreaker.

I mained a scrapper for almost year until PoF release... now its just not competetive anymore. Dont get me wrong - I dont really think its worse than holo and the stomp gyro is still a small scale I win button when you work that to your advantage, but we're seeing insane extremes both condi and power, roaming and zerging. If you build to outsustain one the other roflstomps you in a second.

Keep on looking in the engineer forum, theres not much help to be had from WvW in general. Engineer has never been meta and no amount of build theory is gonna change that.

@Jeknar.6184 said:Honestly, with all the Scourges and Spellbreaker out there, I don't think Scrapper is viable anymore. But anyway, here:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTBVXhFYBubBEqiF2iCMEPxAgO4H+kXsjqinA-j1BGQBrTHA62fIAPAAAcBAioSQCq8LQq/QKgAnpB-w

This is what I played on Scrapper during HoT. It deal a fair ammount of damage while being relatively tanky. It have a high protection uptime and permanent swiftness in combat (Which mean you'll have Rapid Regeneration ticking constantly). I used to run it with Elixir S instead of C, but when the condition meta started to creep in I changed both Elixir S for C and Self Regulating Defenses for Backpack Regenerator.

Back then, the only builds that would give me trouble were Condi Reapers, Condi Daredevils and a good Medi Trapper Dragonhunter. But I'm not sure this build would fare well against the majority of the PoF specs, principally the boonhate ones like Scourge and Spellbreaker.

Thanks.

checking it out now!

The big issue is that scrapper isn't well set up to dump more then a couple conditions at a time (and only has a-shot mass clear in Elx C), meaning its always been vulnerable to condi stacking. I was running Scrapper just prior to, and during the first week of POF. Against Roamers it could hold out well; and in a Zerg it could keep pace with Frontline guards handling the condi removal. But when POF dropped, and Scourges figured out Dhuumfire, Scrapper's sustain rapidly began to weaken against the increased condi pressure. In the current meta its not reliable as front line, but it can make for a strong mid-line clean up against targets that got spat out the back side of the Frontline. Those targets are usually weakened by that point, so you'll have no issue locking them down and finishing them off. This also puts you in range of the back line, and can respond to flankers if needed.
Its not Ideal, but Scrapper has no good way of sustaining through the AOE bomb aside from ElxS. And even if you do drive through with Invul up, you still pick up a lot of torment from Scourges, along with getting caught in the short range Boonstrip/Corruption that gets fired off regularly. Theres a lot less of that on the mid-line, which gives you enough breathing room to work your magic... but theres also a lot less you can do because you're mostly melee ranged.

As for thieves telling you "L2P"... those guys are full of shit. Theres no effective counter to a well played thief, because their stealth gives them full control of the fight. Srappers can survive pretty long against them, which does improve your odds of winning... but basically you have to wait for the thief to screw up, or get lucky with a stun to actually kill them. Most thieves get cocky due this advantage, and may get sloppy at first.... this gives you one real opportunity to catch them off-guard. But once they know you're a threat, they'll tighten up quick. They know the odds are stacked in their favor- which is why they so openly taunt everyone else about it.

Thanks Starlinvf.1358!

I was hoping to find more a Roamer Build, not a zerg build. I tend to roam more as zergs system lag me pretty hard, and I do is stand there with my hammer firmly wedged up my ass as I watch all my abilities flicker,and everyone just sorta kinda standing skill.. until BAM.. dead.. and everyone is at super meth speed.

So I kinda hoping to find a solid 1v1 scrapper build, but I keep getting torn down.. fast.

@STIHL.2489 said:Ok, well, I am dying to thief's, mesmers, and necros, and when I expressed this, I was told it was a L2P issue, and that WvW balance was fine.

Alright, so.. can anyone direct me to a good roaming scrapper build, and maybe some guides on how to play it,

So far.. everything I have found on Meta-Battle has shown "good" at best, not Meta, just "good", and that is not building my confidence, and from what I read, the best thing about scrappers are their ability to revive people, so.. looking for how I can survive and win fights with a scrapper,

I am looking for a Roaming Scapper Build, and, advice/video's on how to play it.. because.. Obviously if a thief can kill me on a scrapper, I need to L2P.

hi there. I was playing engi before but swapped.I found in wvw that somehow i always had to take alchemy trait line because of all the condi meta.With the all the boons i got, necros were hard counter. Next was good sword thief that caused problems.If you want to play condi scrapper , try this.....its pretty funny. (not my vid btw)

@STIHL.2489 said:Ok, well, I am dying to thief's, mesmers, and necros, and when I expressed this, I was told it was a L2P issue, and that WvW balance was fine.

I used to be horrible with scrapper myself, and tried pretty much every build out there... Found out the biggest issue with the engineer is that it's a jack of all trades and master of none.They are actually amazing, but it's way of playing it depends mostly on your personal skills, dodging, blocking, healing, attacking at the correct times...

Now? I'm still bad, but I've gotten better since I found out I had to improve myself and not depend on the build itself, at least not to put my main focus or blame on that. Well, at least I don't get killed by roamers and anymore :DOnce it the way engineers should be clicked, your growth should be mathematically exponential, it really feels a lot different than any other profession from gw2.

Archived