Condition Damages main issue MUST finally be adressed by Anet for sake of true balance

Titan.3472

So you have classes that can spam condi, pulse condi, corrupt, transfer and WE NEED some AOE condi CLEANSE by active or passive skills : aoe cleanse pulse per seconds to balance the perma condi spam fiesta. Thoughts. OR just give some consistent condi damage Toughness-like stats on gears FINALLY to reduce the condi damages received. The condition issue MUST be adressed for the sake of balance. (Anet YOU can't pretend balancing game as long as condition have no stat to reduce their damage INTENSITY but have plenty to boost them)

@Burnfall.9573 said:Before everyone points the finger at necromancer, here is a long overdue class whose been broken and badly design for 5 years.( included with the video- dead necromancer )

what has this to do with WvW or conditions in a zergfight (i assume OP was about zergfights as he asked for aoe cleanse)?

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:Before everyone points the finger at necromancer, here is a long overdue class whose been broken and badly design for 5 years.(
included with the video- dead necromancer
)

what has this to do with WvW or conditions in a zergfight (i assume OP was about zergfights as he asked for aoe cleanse)?

where did the Op mentioned zerg fights? ''So you have classes that can spam condi, pulse condi, corrupt, transfer and WE NEED some AOE condi CLEANSE by active or passive skills : aoe cleanse pulse per seconds to balance the perma condi spam fiesta'

''as long as condition have no stat to reduce their damage INTENSITY but have plenty to boost them'

Here the Op is making a case against some stats not being able to defend against conditions but has more stats which boosts them.

So.... why not target the root cause -toxic classes instead...which are responsible for it?, instead of of increasing stats to defend against conditions?

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:Before everyone points the finger at necromancer, here is a long overdue class whose been broken and badly design for 5 years.(
included with the video- dead necromancer
)

where did the Op mentioned zerg fights? ''So you have classes that can spam condi, pulse condi, corrupt, transfer and WE NEED some AOE condi CLEANSE by active or passive skills : aoe cleanse pulse per seconds to balance the perma condi spam fiesta'

''as long as condition have no stat to reduce their damage INTENSITY but have plenty to boost them'

Here the Op is making a case against some stats not being able to defend against conditions but has more stats which boosts them.

So.... why not target the root cause of the toxic classes instead of increasing stats to defend against conditions?

so nerfing thief again will solve the problem OP has. did you check the thief forums by any chance since the 'balance' patch?

and i didnt say he mentioned zergfights i said i assume he is talking about it. cant see why i need aoe cleanse while solo roaming or scouting(mabye to remove cripple from dolyak but you can do that with kit from sentries).

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@X T D.6458 said:They could add some more damage reduction modifiers by means of consumables, traits, skills/effects etc. Maybe cap how many stacks of each condition that can be applied to any individual player.

expect more boons and resistance spam on next elite traits to smudge it...

Honestly I think they need to stop with the elite specs. We already have 7 trait lines, can only choose 3, adding more would just create even more or a balancing nightmare. The problem with both the boon/condi metas is the rate that they are spammed. Boons have a cap on stacking, I don't know why conditions don't.

@X T D.6458 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@X T D.6458 said:They could add some more damage reduction modifiers by means of consumables, traits, skills/effects etc. Maybe cap how many stacks of each condition that can be applied to any individual player.

Honestly I think they need to stop with the elite specs. We already have 7 trait lines, can only choose 3, adding more would just create even more or a balancing nightmare. The problem with both the boon/condi metas is the rate that they are spammed. Boons have a cap on stacking, I don't know why conditions don't.

Returning the 25 stack cap to conditions would not make a difference. How often do you see anyone with more than 25 stacks multiple conditions?

@reikken.4961 said:Conditions will always be impossible to balance as long as condition clears are so easily accessible

Reducing aoe condi clear is a good step. Running alone most builds don't have that many condi clears. But when you group up and have skills that remove condis for 5 targets the condi clear amount explodes.

@Titan.3472 said:So you have classes that can spam condi, pulse condi, corrupt, transfer and WE NEED some AOE condi CLEANSE by active or passive skills : aoe cleanse pulse per seconds to balance the perma condi spam fiesta. Thoughts. OR just give some consistent condi damage Toughness-like stats on gears FINALLY to reduce the condi damages received. The condition issue MUST be adressed for the sake of balance. (Anet YOU can't pretend balancing game as long as condition have no stat to reduce their damage INTENSITY but have plenty to boost them)

All the things you list are mostly from condi mirage in the form of roaming and scourge in the form of zerging. The rest are either support or power based classes in WvW.

They just need to be toned down a lot in this game mode and that should solve a lot of the issues with condi in WvW.

@Turk.5460 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Returning the 25 stack cap to conditions would not make a difference. How often do you see anyone with more than 25 stacks multiple conditions?

It is not hard to do solo on several classes. Heck one guy sitting on a mortar can do it from a safe range to an entire zerg.

once again, why not deal with the classes with the conditions that are toxic to the game? asking for condition clear is like compromising and taking blame for the conditions toxicity. .

'We Will Not Negotiate, Nor Compromise With Bad Design, Broken Builds, Favoritism, Power Creep, Condition Creep'

' Compromising is for the weak, Finding the root cause of the problem is for the strong '

Stop Compromising With The Root Cause Of Toxic Classes!

Archived