Condi support-Heal Soulbeast 22k+ [video]

Zlater.6789

Hi guys, I've been messing around with this build I wanted to share with you, and I want to hear your feedback on it to see if we can make it meta:Here is one of my better, recorded runs on the golem, its aim is to introduce the build to you, so with that in mind I don't really feel like making another upload to correct mistakes unless ofc this gets some attention.

https://youtu.be/a9wMiqyJYDI

What does it do:

1. This build is designed to take the place of Condi-druid in a 5 or 10 man comp, it is designed to provide higher overall group DPS than what a Condi druid could possibly bring by bringing both spirits as well as the party buffing stances "one wolf pack" and "vulture stance." It also provides higher overall personal DPS than a Condi druid.
  2. Alongside that, it also brings 2 large on-demand burst healing skills one of which also provides 3.5s of group-wide resistance.
  3. It is designed to bring the minimum amount of healing required to comfortably clear content, by utilizing the +25% healing modifier from supportive pets.

Where has it been tested:Aside from on the golem, over the last 2 days, we have field tested it in t4 pug fractals as the solo healer. In one group we used a nature magic variant with trappers expertise for the extra healing. On another, I simply used the same setup as presented here, both were pretty comfortable, I did, however, find that the nature magic variant with trappers expertise was preferred when you are solo healing.We also tested it on a random Cairn - Sam run with both pugs and friends. Actually, the run was pretty cancerous I won't lie, we found we weren't struggling for heals however we were struggling for cc, also better claims would have been nice ;DAs a solution for our cc problem, I would like to note that juvenile pig is a suitable option for fights where you do need cc. Alongside the supportive buff, it also brings a 3s knockdown and a Condi DPS filler skill.On fights where you do need entangle I assume that oppressive superiority would be a more suitable option, but remember you will need to change your gear to achieve 100% bleed duration at least.

Where does it fit into a squad:I imagine a squad with this build would look like this:Chronomancer - cPS Warrior (Dual banners) - Condi-healing Soulbeast - DPS - DPSChronomancer - Condi-Healing Revenant - DPS - DPS - DPS

Note:This is NOT a replacement for magi druid. While I do believe that it is more than possible to put on the sigil of renewal, invigorating bond ... nature spirit or whatever to increase its healing potential when you need to. This build is not designed with that in mind, so it will not fit well with players who are only just learning. If are new you could perhaps compare it to something like this. But honestly Druid would probably be better.

Pitfalls:

1. This build is NOT a good carry. Unlike Condi druid who could for the most part just camp astral form and out-heal most mechanics when people mess up, this build requires other good players around it to perform to its greatest potential. (Make sure your party has dodge roll bound to a button before you start.)
  2. Unlike Condi Druid, this does not have that godly cc potential that allows you to solo break most break bars on CD. However, it can bring sufficient CC for encounters where it is needed.

I am surprised, given the mandate of this build being group supportive that you are not running with Marsh Drake while in dagger/torch, since the drake gives you a blast finisher on demand every 15 seconds while merged. Marsh Drake has been my go-to since the get-go, I find a rarely swap over to my Jacaranda :D

@Peacock.6412 said:I am surprised, given the mandate of this build being group supportive that you are not running with Marsh Drake while in dagger/torch, since the drake gives you a blast finisher on demand every 15 seconds while merged. Marsh Drake has been my go-to since the get-go, I find a rarely swap over to my Jacaranda :D

I considered it as an option, but it is still inferior, let me explain why:

1. It doesn't bring anything additional to the table, especially in consideration to cc, healing, boon support or dps.
  2. I know your talking about stacking might, if you don't know the pet I was using in that video was a jungle stalker which was the highest dps supportive pet option. Because it's a supportive pet it means you can leave beast mode without losing any dps if you leave right after using maul, and quickly pop back in before maul is off CD. We have established it does less dps than the stalker, but did you know it also does less might from its blast finisher vs mighty roar on stalker.Blast finisher in fire field = 3might for 20sMighty Roar = 5might for 15s

I know I could probably do that in the video and maybe get a little more dps from my pet, so I might try that next time actually, but it wouldn't be realistically viable because the point is that your heals are on demand.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:I'm guessing the same, if not better results, could be had by using the standard Viper's Condition Soulbeast loadout and just slotting a Supportive Pet. So, I'm not sure on this.

Did wing 1/2 last night with my casual static and have to agree with this. Even after the bonfire/sharpening stones nerfs and gotl deletion, I was able to hit ~27.5k in the first phase of gorseval on a stance share full DPS SB. I haven't swapped runes/sigils yet and gorsy isn't a golem so the numbers can only go up. That number doesn't include the bonus dmg from stance sharing to allies so yeah... the dmg potential is ridiculous.

For support, when condi clears aren't needed, healing springs does nothing for your subgroup if a chrono is there. Chrono with inspiration have a minimum of 300 healing power so it's not even like that builds regen wouldn't override chrono regen based on duration nor healing power. Last night, I brought bear stance which clears 2 conditions per second for 4 seconds on allies (and 816 health per second when clearing conditions with no healing power). Amazing at sloth. Bear stance is better than healing springs (1 condition every 2 second for 10 seconds) in every way for this build. Water spirit on the other hand, doesn't require healing power since it's affected by everyone's individual healing power and is an 805 heal every 10 seconds. Not great but better than healing springs for when condi clear isn't needed. From what I can tell, neither bear stance nor water spirit are affected by % outgoing healing so.... it's only useful for turning a 4k heal into a 5k heal every 40 seconds . In other words, go lynx. Or get a druid.

@Zlater.6789 said:

1. I know your talking about stacking might, if you don't know the pet I was using in that video was a jungle stalker which was the highest dps supportive pet option. Because it's a supportive pet it means you can leave beast mode without losing any dps if you leave right after using maul, and quickly pop back in before maul is off CD. We have established it does less dps than the stalker, but did you know it also does less might from its blast finisher vs mighty roar on stalker.Blast finisher in fire field = 3might for 20sMighty Roar = 5might for 15s

Interesting point, I may have to pull out a stalker and give a try. Does the stalker only grant might to the SoulBeast, or to their party as well? I mostly party up with my boyfriend who plays a pretty straight up power/longbow build with Smokescale and Jacaronda (non-Soulbeast variety lol), if I'm not running solo, so I like being able to toss some might his way, as well as additional healing from the supportive pet ability and Resounding Timbre on my WHaO. Though, the drake also allows me to give us a little stealth here and there if needed thanks to the smokescale F2. I may well swap out the stalker for my Jacaronda and swap between the stalker and marsh drake.

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:I'm guessing the same, if not better results, could be had by using the standard Viper's Condition Soulbeast loadout and just slotting a Supportive Pet. So, I'm not sure on this.

Did wing 1/2 last night with my casual static and have to agree with this. Even after the bonfire/sharpening stones nerfs and gotl deletion, I was able to hit ~27.5k in the first phase of gorseval on a stance share full DPS SB. I haven't swapped runes/sigils yet and gorsy isn't a golem so the numbers can only go up. That number doesn't include the bonus dmg from stance sharing to allies so yeah... the dmg potential is ridiculous.

For support, when condi clears aren't needed, healing springs does nothing for your subgroup if a chrono is there. Chrono with inspiration have a minimum of 300 healing power so it's not even like that builds regen wouldn't override chrono regen based on duration nor healing power. Last night, I brought bear stance which clears 2 conditions per second for 4 seconds on allies (and 816 health per second when clearing conditions with no healing power). Amazing at sloth. Bear stance is better than healing springs (1 condition every 2 second for 10 seconds) in every way for this build. Water spirit on the other hand, doesn't require healing power since it's affected by everyone's individual healing power and is an 805 heal every 10 seconds. Not great but better than healing springs for when condi clear isn't needed. From what I can tell, neither bear stance nor water spirit are affected by % outgoing healing so.... it's only useful for turning a 4k heal into a 5k heal every 40 seconds . In other words, go lynx. Or get a druid.

Would you mind sharing your build for stance sharing condi soulbeast? Does soulbeast compete with druid for a raid slot or are their roles still different in the latest patch?

That's pretty much exactly what this is, check the gear. The primary function of it to just remove your druid altogether because it brings spirits, stance sharing, spotter and some healing from the supportive pet's healing skill and from healing spring. You could easily make 10 other changes based on your group, for example, you might want to drop spotter if you have a Condi heavy comp, or you might want to take oppressive superiority and nightmare/trapper runes if you need entangle.The reason for stance sharing is because we are theorizing that it is giving more group dps in place of oppressive superiority, what it's worth is pretty hard to measure though because its value changes based on who is in your sub, because of the loss of the extra 10% duration krait runes are taken instead (for some people that might be annoying to use if they do not have legendary armour, talk to anet :P).

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:Did wing 1/2 last night with my casual static and have to agree with this. Even after the bonfire/sharpening stones nerfs and gotl deletion, I was able to hit ~27.5k in the first phase of gorseval on a stance share full DPS SB. I haven't swapped runes/sigils yet and gorsy isn't a golem so the numbers can only go up. That number doesn't include the bonus dmg from stance sharing to allies so yeah... the dmg potential is ridiculous.

For support, when condi clears aren't needed, healing springs does nothing for your subgroup if a chrono is there.

Remember that healing spring can also heal allies when it is triggered, you don't take it for the regen. You can also take water spirit, but if there is a DPS only soulbeast in your squad it is better for them to take it.If you're not doing instant break gors, you should probably use a magi druid or some other 2k dps healer to heal through retal, but thats not what this build is looking to replace.

@Peacock.6412 said:

@Zlater.6789 said:
  1. I know your talking about stacking might, if you don't know the pet I was using in that video was a jungle stalker which was the highest dps supportive pet option. Because it's a supportive pet it means you can leave beast mode without losing any dps if you leave right after using maul, and quickly pop back in before maul is off CD. We have established it does less dps than the stalker, but did you know it also does less might from its blast finisher vs mighty roar on stalker.Blast finisher in fire field = 3might for 20sMighty Roar = 5might for 15s

Interesting point, I may have to pull out a stalker and give a try. Does the stalker only grant might to the SoulBeast, or to their party as well? I mostly party up with my boyfriend who plays a pretty straight up power/longbow build with Smokescale and Jacaronda (non-Soulbeast variety lol), if I'm not running solo, so I like being able to toss some might his way, as well as additional healing from the supportive pet ability and Resounding Timbre on my WHaO. Though, the drake also allows me to give us a little stealth here and there if needed thanks to the smokescale F2. I may well swap out the stalker for my Jacaronda and swap between the stalker and marsh drake.

yeah its party wide, it should affect up to 5 people. Also remember that warhorn 5 is a blast finisher too if ever you want a little bit of stealth.

Taking Leader of the Pack wasn't the exact thing I was questioning on the specific build posted. I'm sure most know to be flexible depending on party comp (or at least should); I just wasn't sure the 2 sinister pieces in your build link. Even a curiosity of Krait over Afflicted runes.

Probably should have been more exact, so, apologies on that one. To each their own though. Thanks for posting the results of this build nonetheless. I won't be going Krait anytime soon; not going to replace my 4x/2x runes again as I still use ascended.

Already using Leader of the Pack since the patch though. It's solid with Vulture Stance and One Wolf Pack. Hope more can see that and maybe Anet will do something interesting with OS.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:Taking Leader of the Pack wasn't the exact thing I was questioning on the specific build posted. I'm sure most know to be flexible depending on party comp (or at least should); I just wasn't sure the 2 sinister pieces in your build link. Even a curiosity of Krait over Afflicted runes.

Probably should have been more exact, so, apologies on that one. To each their own though. Thanks for posting the results of this build nonetheless. I won't be trying it due to falling into the latter part of your response since I still use ascended armor and I'm not going to replace my 4x/2x runes again.

Already using Leader of the Pack since the patch though. It's solid with Vulture Stance and One Wolf Pack. Hope more can see that and maybe Anet will do something interesting with OS.

I actually tested afflicted runes on few builds and it was consistently worse, I have been testing a lot of builds though so forgive me if I can't remember, but if I tested it while using Spotter I cannot remember, I imagine it wouldnt preform better than krait runes still because your bleeds are just so much stronger than your poison. Does poison duration affect vulture stance on allies though? I wonder that too, I might test that later.

Why the long post, because it's not so much to convinve people that it has these strengths, more so to demonstrate how it fits into a comp and how that comp would be better off with it vs a solo condi druid. I need to be comprehensive when discussing my though processes.

I'm so happy for the stance buffs. They were already pretty good (Well... most) with leader of the pack before, even if they had a bad reputation. Bear stance is great anytime there's pulsing condi fields and the like, since it pulses them right off alongside, and just in general so I tend to use that over healing spring, but I guess that's also smaller scale thinking. I've been playing this kind of build for non-raid group things and I quite enjoy it.

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:

@Zlater.6789 said:Remember that healing spring can also heal allies when it is triggered, you don't take it for the regen.

Healing spring (by itself) doesn't heal allies outside of regen.

Just to reiterate. The big heal happens on cast and only heals the ranger and their pet. The trap activate is only a water field and pulsing regen/condi clear every two seconds. With a base of 3 seconds, SB regen will never override chrono regen. You have no blast finishers so outgoing healing bonus doesn't even affect that. So healing springs just clears 1 condi every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Bear stance is 2 condi every 1 second for 4 seconds. Bear stance is better in speed and quantity of conditions cleared. Then as a bonus, bear stance heals when conditions are cleared. 24 vs 25 second CD. Never bring healing springs to raids on a SB.

@Anuviel.9216 said:

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097 said:

Would you mind sharing your build for stance sharing condi soulbeast? Does soulbeast compete with druid for a raid slot or are their roles still different in the latest patch?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAofVnE8Cdrgl8C2sAs8iFDBLv62dDvNdggVVjJAM6aAA-jRhHQBA4JAQO9BEU5nGVCSP1fIFwiKrA-eI left runes and a sigil blank. I was running 2 trapper/4 nightmare with sigil of malice but I need to test Rune of Krait + Venom. Maybe trapper/nightmare with sigil of agony since you lose the 10% condi duration from Oppressive Superiority. Swap the heal skill to water spirit if condi clear isn't needed.

I don't think this replaces the second Druid/Healer. Spotter alone is also overrated. A lot of DPS builds don't need it with all the bonus crit chance they can get from traits. Condi builds tend to not need it as well and since the meta leans pretty heavily towards condi, meh. If you are at a boss like KC where your 5 DPS weavers need spotter, than you go druid. And you bring spotter and glyph of empowerment because while glyph is also overrated in most situations, it's great for giving extra burst during burst phases. This condi soulbeast, imo, works best as an amazing DPS class that also brings offensive support via stances. If you only have 1 druid and they are going frost/stone/GoE and you drop a trap for sun spirit, that's ok too. The defensive support I'm talking about (bear/water spirit) comes at a zero DPS loss cost. They also don't benefit from healing power/outgoing healing bonus, so there is no reason to grab them.

Edit: Druids also bring a ton more CC while a proper condi SB rotation brings zero. Since a lot of the new DPS classes bring low/zero CC, I just don't see this replacing druid.

Archived