This is how power reaper should be from release day

LeSavage.1359

I remember at HoT release i was hyped to play necro and be able to switch to a wraith with a scythe(death shroud) and tear through enemies.The problem was that "cool wraith" was just looking cool while having terrible damage. That was the day i was very dissapointed and stopped playing power necro.But 7th nov. patch finally changed it! Shroud now is like a special power bar, loading, then u change like super sayan. Beside looking cool, the "reaper" deals damage now. Im really enjoying shroud change.Thanks ArenaNet.

Now its:Core necro-tanky shroudReaper-dps shroudScourge-no shroud, utility +dpsI like it

@LeSavage.1359 said:I remember at HoT release i was hyped to play necro and be able to switch to a wraith with a scythe(death shroud) and tear through enemies.The problem was that "cool wraith" was just looking cool while having terrible damage. That was the day i was very dissapointed and stopped playing power necro.But 7th nov. patch finally changed it! Shroud now is like a special power bar, loading, then u change like super sayan. Beside looking cool, the "reaper" deals damage now. Im really enjoying shroud change.Thanks ArenaNet.

Now its:Core necro-tanky shroudReaper-dps shroudScourge-no shroud, utility +dpsI like it

At first I was unhappy with the change because like everyone else, I saw the problem as a specific issue related to a perceived deficiency. A more objective view shows you are indeed correct ... we now have choices in Necro for playstyles that suit different situations. All those specific issues we complain about like low DPS or mobility ... those are just numbers games. What Anet did this patch rectified a more serious problem. I still don't think Anet should ignore the numbers problem, but I can see why they got these changes done before doing that. I hope Anet sees this the same way.

No one plays core necro anyways so don't matter. Reaper does a little bit more power burst dmg now but still no sustain dmg and is way more squishy than before. On balance it was a nerf to power reaper and big nerf for condi reaper. Scourge has got a bit of dmg boost compared to before but is still fairly low compared to other classes. Support scourge got a nice boost in terms of Signet of Undeath CD if traited.

@LeSavage.1359 said:I remember at HoT release i was hyped to play necro and be able to switch to a wraith with a scythe(death shroud) and tear through enemies.The problem was that "cool wraith" was just looking cool while having terrible damage. That was the day i was very dissapointed and stopped playing power necro.But 7th nov. patch finally changed it! Shroud now is like a special power bar, loading, then u change like super sayan. Beside looking cool, the "reaper" deals damage now. Im really enjoying shroud change.Thanks ArenaNet.

Thematically, they've left themselves open to do a "tank" spec even that actually uses shroud selfishly for defense as well.

They also have "empowering minions through lifeforce" options as well if they ever want to use the F skills to create shadow minions or something. I really do like the options for future specializations now. Scourge was a fantastic example of an interesting mechanics change.

Archived