Are there any current videos of someone doing well with revenant at high level?

Flauvious.6195

I would love to watch some videos of power revenant doing well in sPvP, because I just don't get it. I have played a slew of revenant games now and it just feels like you have no answers to anything. Duel a guardian? Half your attacks are blocked and you burn to death while they laugh and heal everything you do. Mesmer and scourge just condi you to death in seconds, ranger just kites you while running away, holosmith just tosses you around like a salad before 2 shotting you. The only thing you can duel is like a thief.

You could say I'm bad, and maybe I am, but I can hop on my guard or ranger and win llike 80% of my games without putting in half the effort I do to get crushed with revenant. So if there are any good rev players who know how to survive in the current meta of massivley overtuned bs, please direct me to some videos so that I might learn.

@Flauvious.6195 said:I would love to watch some videos of power revenant doing well in sPvP, because I just don't get it. I have played a slew of revenant games now and it just feels like you have no answers to anything. Duel a guardian? Half your attacks are blocked and you burn to death while they laugh and heal everything you do. Mesmer and scourge just condi you to death in seconds, ranger just kites you while running away, holosmith just tosses you around like a salad before 2 shotting you. The only thing you can duel is like a thief.

You could say I'm bad, and maybe I am, but I can hop on my guard or ranger and win llike 80% of my games without putting in half the effort I do to get crushed with revenant. So if there are any good rev players who know how to survive in the current meta of massivley overtuned bs, please direct me to some videos so that I might learn.

Pretty sure almost every rev quit PvP or quit rev in PvP when Equilibrium was axed

How theif the hardest counter? At least i can kill a theif. Mesmer is the worst imo. So many clones, so much invisibility, it feels impossible to hit them. Sword 2 and 3 like to spread their damage out amongst the clones so you can't deal any damage to the actual mesmer. And no condi cleanse means you just melt.

@Flauvious.6195 said:How theif the hardest counter? At least i can kill a theif. Mesmer is the worst imo. So many clones, so much invisibility, it feels impossible to hit them. Sword 2 and 3 like to spread their damage out amongst the clones so you can't deal any damage to the actual mesmer. And no condi cleanse means you just melt.

Because rev has no instant sources of damage or stability so a thief can just kill it with a combination of headshot spam and autoattacks. If that doesn't work then we can just play it safe and poke the rev to death with hit and run tactics.

@Flauvious.6195 said:How theif the hardest counter? At least i can kill a theif. Mesmer is the worst imo. So many clones, so much invisibility, it feels impossible to hit them. Sword 2 and 3 like to spread their damage out amongst the clones so you can't deal any damage to the actual mesmer. And no condi cleanse means you just melt.

Neither matchup is realistically winnable at equal skill level unless they make a major mistake. With that being said thief is probably the one you have the best chance at killing if they make a major mistake, but if their major mistake doesn't immediately result in their downed state, then they can trivially disengage and reset. Unfortunately even if the thief is pretty bad, their mobility means they can just kite you around doing chip damage safely from range which you can't out heal because most of your healing comes from life siphons, and also means you can't run away because they can just chase you down. Only real option is to try to stall until you get support from a teammate.

As for mesmer, chrono is actually a semi winnable match-up since they don't have the reset buttons that thief does if they make a mistake. Additionally you have ways to get unblockable cc to interrupt their shield block denying the phantasms they desperately crave, axe 4 is also unblockable which is quite nice against them. The matchup is still heavily in their favor but fortunately you can generally just walk away from condi chrono at any point as their chase potential is pretty meh. Condi mirage on the other hand is by far the worst in my opinion, the bursts both hit much harder and are harder to avoid, they have tons of reset potential if they mess up with 2 stealths, blink, sword ambush, and jaunt. They also have much better mobility so they can easily chase you down if you try to flee. Stunbreak on dodge also completely laughs at staff 5 but they don't really have any key skills you could interrupt anyways which makes staff worthless aside from the block and the easily interrupted cleanse.

@doozer.7063 said:Frostball is streaming naked power Rev as far as i know, got legend with it in one of the last seasons

Yea but I'm looking for something current, a rev doing well on the current patch. I thought rev was weak before and was looking forward to buffs, yet somehow it seems to be even worse than before the patch.

I don't know how often you PvP but keep a look out for a Rev with the [FEAR] tag.....

I met this guy in the free for all arena, we had a duel and it was most epic, we downed several people around us just in our duel, some tried to gank us for it and went down in the cross fire.

I don't know excatly what he ran, but he was torment and power heavy, so I'm guessing some hybrid build set up.

@Flauvious.6195 said:

@doozer.7063 said:Frostball is streaming naked power Rev as far as i know, got legend with it in one of the last seasons

Yea but I'm looking for something current, a rev doing well on the current patch. I thought rev was weak before and was looking forward to buffs, yet somehow it seems to be even worse than before the patch.

Saw him streaming naked Rev also in this season but he multiclass you maybe have to check his stream more than once to catch him on Rev

@sephiroth.4217 said:I don't know how often you PvP but keep a look out for a Rev with the [FEAR] tag.....

I met this guy in the free for all arena, we had a duel and it was most epic, we downed several people around us just in our duel, some tried to gank us for it and went down in the cross fire.

I don't know excatly what he ran, but he was torment and power heavy, so I'm guessing some hybrid build set up.

Ah yes, Sword/Sword Mace/Shield Malyx/Shiro Might hybrid.

One of my favorite hidden builds.

Nerfed to shit now that sword 4 isn't a block anymore.

;_;

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I don't know how often you PvP but keep a look out for a Rev with the [FEAR] tag.....

Ah yes, Sword/Sword Mace/Shield Malyx/Shiro Might hybrid.

One of my favorite hidden builds.

Nerfed to kitten now that sword 4 isn't a block anymore.

;_;

Was it you that I fought? If it was, most epic duel.

There are no high level revenants. Im too lazy to actually verify this but im pretty confident there's not even a single rev player other than me in top 100 and im playing a troll kalla build that isn't actually good, it's just this game is so easy I still get top 100 while literally trolling. The fact is that there are 2+ scourges every single game, which completely invalidates the existence of warrior and rev. It's at the point where there isn't a single revenant build in existence that can 1v1 condi scourge. Not. A. Single. Build. And for warrior to beat scourge you have to take cleansing ire and longbow and signet of stamina,which means you now lose 1v1 to every single power build including DAREDEVIL HAHAHAHAHHA, and even then IDK if you can beat good scourges..

@Jagdtiger.2517 said:There are no high level revenants. Im too lazy to actually verify this but im pretty confident there's not even a single rev player other than me in top 100 and im playing a troll kalla build that isn't actually good, it's just this game is so easy I still get top 100 while literally trolling. The fact is that there are 2+ scourges every single game, which completely invalidates the existence of warrior and rev. It's at the point where there isn't a single revenant build in existence that can 1v1 condi scourge. Not. A. Single. Build. And for warrior to beat scourge you have to take cleansing ire and longbow and signet of stamina,which means you now lose 1v1 to every single power build including DAREDEVIL HAHAHAHAHHA, and even then IDK if you can beat good scourges..

lol

@Jagdtiger.2517 said:There are no high level revenants. Im too lazy to actually verify this but im pretty confident there's not even a single rev player other than me in top 100 and im playing a troll kalla build that isn't actually good, it's just this game is so easy I still get top 100 while literally trolling. The fact is that there are 2+ scourges every single game, which completely invalidates the existence of warrior and rev. It's at the point where there isn't a single revenant build in existence that can 1v1 condi scourge. Not. A. Single. Build. And for warrior to beat scourge you have to take cleansing ire and longbow and signet of stamina,which means you now lose 1v1 to every single power build including DAREDEVIL HAHAHAHAHHA, and even then IDK if you can beat good scourges..

It's amazing isn't it.

We joked that anets balance team was so disconnected that they would nerf Rev and buff Scourge.

And then they actually did it, the absolute madmen.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

Because rev has no instant sources of damage or stability so a thief can just kill it with a combination of headshot spam and autoattacks. If that doesn't work then we can just play it safe and poke the rev to death with hit and run tactics.

Mesmer and Necro are the only hard counters the Herald has this season. Stability isn't needed with the amount of breakstuns, evades, gap closers and cc the Herald has.

@Flauvious.6195 said:

if some one can get legend last season naked, you can do it this season armored

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Flauvious.6195 said:

if some one can get legend last season naked, you can do it this season armored

No? Scourge buffed, Equilibrium removed, those two things alone make this season quite a lot worse lol

Archived