"Gain a charge of XXX" sigil stacks should last until a real death.

Tyncale.1629

I am very sorry if I am beating a dead horse here, this must have come up in previous years, but I think losing the stacks of Perception, Conditiondamage and whatever on Downed and when you enter the water always seemed overly harsh to me. And the reason why pretty much no one uses these sigils anymore (look at the price).

I think being Downed is an integral part of the game: many skills take the state of being downed in consideration, it rallies players to eachother, it can actually be advantegeous if you play it smart with this state, and there are also a lot of abilities and traits that kick in when your health is very low, which means playing near the state of being downed is a legit tactic.

In short, my gameplay is definately not always aimed at NOT being downed, in fact I sometimes embrace it. :)

Which is why I think it is too harsh to lose the Stack for this.I still agree with losing the stack when changing maps, on a real death, and off course when swapping out weapons in your Inventory.

Any thoughts?

I personally feel like they should be lost on downed but persist between map swaps. Also you're losing them when you go into the water because your water weapon doesn't have the same sigil, you technically unequip your land weapons while under the water so if you don't have one on the water weapons the game thinks you have no active stacking sigil and removes the stacks.

I'd go with something in between:

• Downing a player or defeating an NPC of normal rank would give you one charge.
  • Defeating a player or veteran NPC would give 5 charges.
  • Champion NPCs would give 10 charges, legendary NPCs 15 charges, and epic bosses 25 charges.
  • Being downed would make you lose 5 charges.
  • Being defeated would make you lose all charges.

This way is more proportionate. But going down is still punishing. The problem comes when you want to put all of this in a short line in the sigil's description :lol:

Archived